Author Topic: Spawning in vh's  (Read 284 times)

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
Spawning in vh's
« on: July 21, 2007, 10:00:34 AM »
I would first like to say that i don't want to start any flaming of whatever type of playing. To each his own.  TY

I was close to the spawn vh on a gv base. Two guys were camping the hangar to be able to take control of that base. The NME tank inside was spawning with his turret already on the move to swing right to shoot the guy inside the hangar or the one behind him. Is this possible? At one time his gun was completely facing back. I would like to know if there is a way to spawn differently than the original way. Would make my chances of surviving a camped hangar better if I knew this. I thought it was maybe lag from my part but i'm not sure since i don't warp in planes. Thank you.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Spawning in vh's
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »
You was right with your first guess of lag (or better: latency) being the reason for this.

Most people connect lag invariably to warps, which isn't generally true. Signals do need time to travel the internet, so in a way we all have lag, some more, some less. Ping times vary from less than 20ms to >300ms depending on distance and type of connection. And of course the other player's and you own pingtimes, as the signals are transmitted from his computer to yours via the HTC server.
Warps are caused by variances in latency caused by bad internet connections oroverstrained computer resources.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nangleator

• Zinc Member
Spawning in vh's
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 01:08:56 PM »
When I do a HO and think I survived, then blow up 2 seconds after the merge and sit in the tower listening to bullets hitting my now non-existent plane, is that lag, too?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Spawning in vh's
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 01:25:01 PM »
Yup
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman