Author Topic: Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead!  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead!
« on: July 22, 2007, 10:06:57 AM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 03:29:51 PM by Skuzzy »
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:26:20 AM »
The above celebration may be a form of denial: masking a deep seeded hidden sexual desire that may unconsciously manifest itself at a later date (with possible violence) as the subconscious comes to grip with the reality of a lost opportunity for maternal love or quite possibly a misplaced fantasy of procreative opportunity.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 11:02:15 AM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 10:36:37 AM »
This is hardly called for. Tammy may have been many things, and for a time she was part of something that was less than ethical. But she became a more sympathetic figure in recent years and she was hardly evil. Her death is not cause for celebration. There was a link on CNN to her final interview and I could barely stand to watch the first few seconds and had to click off -- she had become so pitiful and withered in the twilight of her life. A human being on the edge of death but handling it with as much dignity and strength as her position could afford.

RIP

Charon
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:39:57 AM by Charon »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 11:00:04 AM »
she seemed like a nice enough person to me.

lazs

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Re: Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 11:04:31 AM »
Originally posted by Yknurd
See Rule #5

Celebrating the death of a misguided individual is not cool!
She suffered greatly with her Cancer and I am sure their are many people that loved her. She is somebody's daughter, mother and wife.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 03:30:17 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 01:16:32 PM »
I had no respect for her activities in fleecing the members of her husbands "flock" or what she did afterwards. I wouldn't however wish a death from cancer on her or just about anyone.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 01:23:02 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
I had no respect for her activities in fleecing the members of her husbands "flock" or what she did afterwards. I wouldn't however wish a death from cancer on her or just about anyone.

Oh I totally concur with the fleecing that is what religion is all about.

"Give me your money so you won't feel so gulity about your so called sins"
LOL!:rofl

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 01:27:21 PM »
uberhun,

I really don't care what your opinion of religion is, it's your business. I would appreciate it if you would decline in using my post to do so. My post had nothing to do with what you were saying.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 01:34:47 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
uberhun,

I really don't care what your opinion of religion is, it's your business. I would appreciate it if you would decline in using my post to do so. My post had nothing to do with what you were saying.

My intent was not to offend you. Or for that matter, anyone else.
I sincerely appologize for tacking my personal belief to your post.
!

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 01:55:31 PM »
Well, I didn't know her. Only saw her on TV a few times.

Life goes on.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 02:13:29 PM »
During the PTL shows, she provided a sentimental touch to stories and loved to sing. In a move that sharply distinguished her from other televangelists, she showed a more tolerant attitude when it came to homosexuals, and she featured people living with AIDS on PTL, urging her viewers to follow Christ and show sympathy and pray for the sick.

It does appear she was involved with various scandals, both when she was married to the Reverand and her last husband.  But thats no big surprise, and it leads me into this joke-

How do you keep a southern baptist from drinking all your beer on a fishing trip?

.......invite another one!

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 02:23:34 PM »
Originally posted by AquaShrimp
It does appear she was involved with various scandals, both when she was married to the Reverand and her last husband.  But thats no big surprise, and it leads me into this joke-

How do you keep a southern baptist from drinking all your beer on a fishing trip?

.......invite another one!

That joke makes no sense. As for her dying, it is wrong to celebrate anyone's death. One of Christ's teachings was "Do good for evil." And it isn't certain she was evil.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
Originally posted by McFarland
That joke makes no sense. As for her dying, it is wrong to celebrate anyone's death. One of Christ's teachings was "Do good for evil." And it isn't certain she was evil.

It's wrong because Christ said so...

whatever.
sand

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 02:35:39 PM »

Well let me explain the joke to you.  Southern baptists will do as many bad things as normal people, such as drink and steal beer.  However, if they think someone is watching them (especially another baptist), they will be on their best behavior.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 02:36:31 PM »

Since it went right over your head, the joke is that a Baptist will drink beer alone, but will not drink beer in the presence of another Baptist. Meaning they are hypocritical when it comes to drinking alcohol.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe