Author Topic: Skyrock, heres that film of the 'ho'  (Read 10293 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Skyrock, heres that film of the 'ho'
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2007, 05:35:16 AM »
i once got dragged into the DA with Slapper...should change his name to Slapped.

film sent on request.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2007, 06:00:32 AM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
5 years? I don't remember you here 5 years ago. And I'm sure I would've.

Character? Seriously seek professional help.

Honest? See the film.
Yes, I recall when SkyRock first started.   Again, I have NEVER seen you in the MA in the 5.5 years I've been playing.    BTW, that film only proves how good SR is, he took you away from your buddies.    

Krusty is now the "Ki61 Zen Master"?   Give me a break.   :rolleyes:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2007, 06:03:06 AM »
Originally posted by lyric1
I get it now never understood Skyrock I guess it is some form of method acting for you.  
Ding, Ding!   Mark told me this about 2 years ago in the DA.  

Again, most of you take him too seriously.   It is a joke to him, but some take it to heart and make more of it than they should.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2007, 06:04:20 AM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
pot meet kettle. If he (and his fanclub) can't take the heat maybe they shouldn't dish it out in the first place.
You dished it out with your post.    Pot meet kettle, it makes you no better than "the evil, manical SkyRock".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2007, 06:17:54 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum

Again, most of you take him too seriously.   It is a joke to him, but some take it to heart and make more of it than they should.
 Only wish he had posted this a year ago. It always struck me as strange??? I thought this guy can't possibly be like this in real life, so when he had posted family pics it was clear to me I did not have all the facts about him. So now it all falls into place.:aok  I guess the persona of Skyrock must be having a hoot of a time that so much time & effort has been dedicated to him in this thread. I wonder now if his creator has created a monster he can't escape from?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:22:07 AM by lyric1 »

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2007, 06:22:27 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum

I have seen Sky in the DA and found him friendly and helpful, I have seen Sky in the MA and squelched him within a minute.

I think you're wrong here though Karaya, I don't take his banter seriously at all but at times it does detract from my enjoyment of the game. I've never had a problem with you Mark but you surely realize that sometimes you step over the boundaries of good natured ribbing and take it to a level that can upset other players.

If that is what you enjoy doing then great and have fun....but don't be surprised when you get it thrown back at you. Your "DA???" answer to all negative posts about you just makes me, and I'm sure a few others, just laugh.

Many people create an online persona to make the game more enjoyable for them, many can do it without degrading another player. This isn't meant as an attack at you at all Mark, it's just an observation from a player who has been here awhile.

Someone in this thread mentioned that the "vets" should be showing newer players the right way to play since it is the vets that the new players look to for guidance. If belittling and trying to degrade players is the way that we, and HTC,  want this game to evolve then it must be time for me to find a new game :(

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2007, 08:29:11 AM »
Originally posted by DaPup
I think you're wrong here though Karaya, I don't take his banter seriously at all but at times it does detract from my enjoyment of the game.  
I've NEVER said I was "wrong" or "right" and really can careless, as I consider myself a friend of his.    Same goes for Birdo, I remember him from when he was in 57th RFS Death Angels.    Most piled on him, but I still call him and chat.    

I personally think that those who "hate SkyRock" so much, are the one's that create threads such as this in the first place (in the hopes of  proclaiming "I am better than SkyRock").   But they aren't, they feed the same trough.  If hey want him to stop so bad,  why give him more attention?

The day I let someone ruin my fun of the game, is the day I leave.   There isn't a person in the game, that can "get Karaya upset".    Truth be told, I'm laughing at you.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 08:32:47 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2007, 08:31:21 AM »
Someone in this thread mentioned that the "vets" should be showing newer players the right way to play since it is the vets that the new players look to for guidance. If belittling and trying to degrade players is the way that we, and HTC, want this game to evolve then it must be time for me to find a new game

And there we have it in black and gray.

I sure I am not the only one to see this, but I see more crap and bravado coming from complete newbs, more than ever before, who must be observing the SR persona and thinking that it is SOP to act that way after getting beat/killed. Constant excuses and insults ... hardly ever see ... "Good shot" ... "Nice move" ... "Great flying" ... or just plain silence after being "picked" or losing a multi v 1 fight.

That is why I said that SR is too good of a pilot to have to result to that type of 200 banter ... he is a vet ... he is a well known pilot ... and he is good ... time for the SR persona to evolve IMHO.

Don't get me wrong ... In the 5+ years that I have been playing, CH200/CH1 was never all roses and lace, but I really don't remember, back in the day, the vast amount of truely mean-spirited dialog that we see now ... this is part of the "slum" behaviour that HT was talking about.

The SR persona is not new ... the orginal "persona" was created by Shane and as far as I am concerned ... Shane owns the "persona".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2007, 08:36:55 AM »
I never said I get upset :D  just that at times I just don't feel like reading all the crap spewed on ch200 and country channel for that matter...that's not saying just Sky but from the general population these days....I would spend all my available time squelching people instead of flying.

you can laugh at me all you want Karaya, I have pretty thick skin :p  and it certainly isn't the first time :aok

Edit: Please keep in mind that you know I wouldn't start a thread like this and in no way hate Skyrocks persona...it's a game after all.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 08:47:21 AM by DaPup »

Offline ArtooD2

• Zinc Member
      • http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-D2
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2007, 09:31:50 AM »
Is there a way to block channel 200 ? That is the salute channel ?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2007, 10:06:04 AM »
Originally posted by ArtooD2
Is there a way to block channel 200 ? That is the salute channel ?

Ch 200 has to be tuned too. It is used in place of the "All" channel for cross country chat. There is not eally a "salute channel". The salutes are just a simple dot command.   " .s ArtooD2" You do not have to tune any channel to send and receive salutes.

Offline ArtooD2

• Zinc Member
      • http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-D2
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2007, 10:36:08 AM »
Oh ok, I was confused about that. Thank you for the clarification.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »
:aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2007, 10:52:40 AM »
Originally posted by DaPup
you can laugh at me all you want Karaya, I have pretty thick skin :p  and it certainly isn't the first time :aok

Edit: Please keep in mind that you know I wouldn't start a thread like this and in no way hate Skyrocks persona...it's a game after all.
We both know we haven't started any threads close to these.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2007, 11:02:02 AM »
Originally posted by lyric1
I get it now never understood Skyrock I guess it is some form of method acting for you.  Question for Mark is Slapper one of your characters as well?  He seems to have a similar style of banter & swagger & the chance that two so alike individuals are in the same squad seems a little to uncanny for me.  oopps I guess some extra stuff was added since I last read this thread in regards to Slapper.

I only have one account, you would have to talk to slapper about him!

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"