Author Topic: warping & ho's  (Read 1101 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
warping & ho's
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 01:11:18 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Any kind of info displayed like this is reason for you to be cut off from the boards (PNG) Any talk of "cheating is frowned upon by HTC. What you said my be a problem in other games, but it is taken very seriously by HTC and they go to very great lenghts to catch anyone cheating and they are baned from the game, forever!

Warping when you close on someones "6" is easily explained by a weak computer. new sounds are added, better detailed pictures of the planes are lloaded and so on. If your computer is not up to the task of rendering all of these things, it will studder and look like a warp.  Again, the internet gets trashed as more and more folks log on and check out the latest "you-tube" video, so those time when more people are likely to be doing this stuff.... like a Sunday night, or the summer months when it is nothing but reruns on, are more likely to have poor connections to the servers.

If you think some one is cheating, film it and send the info to HTC, don't post it here on the boards, it can only cause grief.

for the record....i was not accusing anyone of cheating.......it was...well.....just a general whine.  i need a little cheese to go with it now please/?:rofl

<>

john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Sundowner

• Silver Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 05:13:39 AM »
Originally posted by TwentyFo
I was just trying to inform people what others do to gain an unfair advantage. To think this is not happening is ridiculous. Cheaters are going to cheat no matter what. My intention was to educate what to look for when players intentionally lag. AH community is one of the most honest online gaming communities I've ever been a part of. I knew what I typed would be questioned, but I think it is necessary.

You thought wrong.

IN!

Regards,
Sun
Freedom implies risk. Less freedom implies more risk.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 05:14:50 AM »
I was just trying to inform people what others do to gain an unfair advantage. To think this is not happening is ridiculous. Cheaters are going to cheat no matter what. My intention was to educate what to look for when players intentionally lag. AH community is one of the most honest online gaming communities I've ever been a part of. I knew what I typed would be questioned, but I think it is necessary.

Buh Bye

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 09:35:21 AM »
I've been guilty of getting ticked off and taunting people to DA after getting HO'd, vulched or seeing someone hugging their ack.  After a few minutes of deep breaths, anger management and an occasional swigs of beer, I laugh at myself and shake my head.  

I personally don't HO unless I'm forced to.  As for vulching, I usually don't do it either because AI field ack can be deadly.  If I'm working to take a base, you bet I will vulch because every enemy fighter that is launched delays the capture of the field.  

IMO, the one thing that legitimately gets under my skin is kill stealing.  When I say kill stealing, I don't mean someone jumping in front of me and blasting some  guy away before I can get a bead on the bandit.  As far as I'm concerned, if you have good position, take it and take the shot.  

What I mean is that after shooting someone down, I break off and re-assess SA to line up the next engagement.  The bandit I shot is twirling down to the ground with a tail or wing missing.  Then some weasel dives in and plugs the carcass of the dead plane with all nine yards of ammo and I end up with an assist.  It doesn't happen often but when I does, I really steams me.

HighGTrn
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
warping & ho's
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 04:25:10 PM »
Originally posted by HighGTrn
I've been guilty of getting ticked off and taunting people to DA after getting HO'd, vulched or seeing someone hugging their ack.  After a few minutes of deep breaths, anger management and an occasional swigs of beer, I laugh at myself and shake my head.  

I personally don't HO unless I'm forced to.  As for vulching, I usually don't do it either because AI field ack can be deadly.  If I'm working to take a base, you bet I will vulch because every enemy fighter that is launched delays the capture of the field.  

IMO, the one thing that legitimately gets under my skin is kill stealing.  When I say kill stealing, I don't mean someone jumping in front of me and blasting some  guy away before I can get a bead on the bandit.  As far as I'm concerned, if you have good position, take it and take the shot.  

What I mean is that after shooting someone down, I break off and re-assess SA to line up the next engagement.  The bandit I shot is twirling down to the ground with a tail or wing missing.  Then some weasel dives in and plugs the carcass of the dead plane with all nine yards of ammo and I end up with an assist.  It doesn't happen often but when I does, I really steams me.

HighGTrn

ya know what? THIS is in my opinion the absolute most honest reply i've seen........why? because you're absolutly correct. HO's are annoying....but only if you're on the recieving end and don't manage to avoid it. vulching is annoying too.....for the same reason as above.  unfortunatly, though both of these are very valid tactics. like you say above.......if you're tryin to tsake a base, you NEED to vulch to suppress the enemy. HO's? whelp...fact is, if the shot's there some'll take it, no matter what. i think everyone in here has done it at one time or another. i do it if i'm hoplessly outnumbered, otr pilot wounded,,,,,,or if really important pieces of my aircraft are missing. and just like you highg, i do get VERY frustrated about both....but at least with the vulching, i can up another field, and come back and shoot em when they ain't lookin where they should be:D

kill stealing.....i WISH the kill shooter was off, cause i have enough trouble gettin kills, and have had a few stolen just as you describe.....i'd GLADLY go down and frag the guy stealin my kills:D   by your statement, i imagine you see it a LOT.......it happened to me twice just the other night, i remove a guys wing for him(figured he could use a lighter load), so i go off target as he's no longer a threat, then as i turn a zeke into a roman candle, i see 3 guys chasin my other kill to the deck.......and one of them got that. i lost the zeke too as i turned off to avoid a spit......another took my zeke kil from me. ooooo i wish i could"accidently" shoot those sunsofbeetches:furious

<>

john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 04:30:52 PM »
Originally posted by Sundowner
You thought wrong.

IN!

Regards,
Sun

You're wrong.

Out!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:33:38 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 04:33:52 PM »
20fo
 You best hope the skuzzinator skips this thread. He's band people for doing exactly the same thing.
Good luck, you're going  to need it.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 04:36:07 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
20fo
 You best hope the skuzzinator skips this thread. He's band people for doing exactly the same thing.
Good luck, you're going  to need it.

Bronk

Okay, why dont we just continue to let people cheat in this game. If no one recognizes it, then how do we fix it? As this community grows it's only going to get worse.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 04:42:03 PM »
Okay, why dont we just continue to let people cheat in this game. If no one recognizes it, then how do we fix it? As this community grows it's only going to get worse.

That's is why you film anything you find strange and send it in. HT has tools we don't and he has banned people for cheating.
Posting the crap you did just causes more problems.
Why,,, every squeaker in game ( who previously didn't know) just went to those links and are now feverishly working on their own. So tell me how did that help eliminate the cheating hmmm?

Once again film and send it in.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 04:52:21 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
That's is why you film anything you find strange and send it in. HT has tools we don't and he has banned people for cheating.
Posting the crap you did just causes more problems.
Why,,, every squeaker in game ( who previously didn't know) just went to those links and are now feverishly working on their own. So tell me how did that help eliminate the cheating hmmm?

Once again film and send it in.

Bronk

I read the forum rules, and I guess I was in the wrong for bringing up cheating. Sorry, please don't ban me :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:59:59 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Viper35

• Zinc Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
I prefer to call it strafing ground objects..

Flightline Supression! :D

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
warping & ho's
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2007, 06:03:22 PM »
I do not understand why someone would use something for an unearned win.

How could it be satisfying to know that you are so unskilled that you need help to do what normal people can do?

then factor in that normal for Ah2 is an old guy who has been drinking (I am one of them) and I am thinking if you need to cheat you probably should be riding the short bus to school anyway.

that being said I also apologize for  any warps of weird moments you may see of me.. i have an older computer and Comcast sucks =(

I did get this old dog down to 14 processes before i launch AH2 !
\

Ive said it before ..its the thrill of the fight not picking a gun package in the hangar and HO ing  or cheating ...

your paying 15 bux a month lets fight! see if you can outfly someone!( i saw a good pilot flying a 109 a few months ago and I have to say it was amazing and fun to watch .. (i pmd him and told him)..he was outnumbered and even tho he was shot down Ill bet he had much more fun that those clowns that "ho n go"