Author Topic: Talk about Having Your Hands full, in a dogfight  (Read 3915 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Talk about Having Your Hands full, in a dogfight
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 09:06:51 PM »
the F4U-1.......

oh yes, I get ya now, I hate the new updated version of the armor plate thingy majig you a referencing too.......

it sure doesn't look like that when sitting in a real life F4U and looking back.....see if I can dig up a picture for proof.......I think it is overmodeled for sure ( speaking of the armor shield plate being overmodeled of course ) :D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 09:14:53 AM »
Originally posted by daddog
If one of them asked for help yes I would have jumped in.

I pick and it is all I can do. Now that I know your fine with it I never want to hear your whines again. :cool:

Phew, I am glad that is over. Yeee hawwww! :D

As the guy said.  He did not ask for help.

As for your picking, just dont text me with the lamest of excuses and you wont hear a thing from me.

So, what is the answer to my question?  Be honest :rofl  Would that fight ever happen? It is very simple (Yes / No) :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 10:00:20 AM »
If TC did not ask for help, you bet, I might have jumped right in and ruined that great fight. :) Though over the past few months I tend to ask more than not. Kinda like the other night when I picked you. ;) I asked.

I pick and that is all I can do. :cool: :p  

Unless.... someone zooms up in a fit of anger and leaves themselves wide open without e and starts to flop back to the earth. I can get em then too. :D
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »
dedalos,

You seem to have a lot of anger pent up, both in game and on the BBS.  Not sure why this is, maybe you're just an angry person.  I don't know you, so I can't say, however, when you go after daddog, who is not only a very good pile-it but a fair competitor in all respects, you're showing that your anger is pretty indiscriminate and you are obviously not having fun in the game.

Pick your battles more carefully when you start bashing people, man, you're just making the AvA and the game in a larger sense a drag for others.  OTOH, maybe that's what you like to do, I don't know, but I do know that you act ugly and un-civil in the game and pretty much here as well.

Lighten up, Francis.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
who is not only a very good pile-it but a fair competitor in all respects, you're showing that your anger is pretty indiscriminate and you are obviously not having fun in the game.

Not true.  He actually sucks and he is not a fair competitor.  I do have fun plaing the game until someone like him shows up to ruin it.  I did not make anything up. I talk from experience

Pick your battles more carefully when you start bashing people, man, you're just making the AvA and the game in a larger sense a drag for others.  OTOH, maybe that's what you like to do, I don't know,

Translation, don't pick fights with my squad mates?  Who else did I pick a fight with?  I did not start bud.  i just responded to his repeated lame excuses.

but I do know that you act ugly and un-civil in the game and pretty much here as well.

Oh really?  Check again bud

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 10:58:34 AM »
Originally posted by daddog
If TC did not ask for help, you bet, I might have jumped right in and ruined that great fight. :)

Thank you!

Though over the past few months I tend to ask more than not. Kinda like the other night when I picked you. ;) I asked.

Well, that is irelevant.  For one thing the guy said that he did not ask for help.  However, ifwe are to beleave that the AvA is that special place were the fights are respected, it makes no difference if he asked for help or not.  There are plenty of pickers in there.  Very rearly I say something to them.  However, when a so called 'vet' does it and then hides behind some lame excuses, he may get a responce.  I really did not say mach to you.  I just asked you if it was fun.  You dont like being called a cherry picker, don't cherry pick. If you do, expect to be called that.  Not the worst thing that can happen to ya is it?

Now tell the dogs that you can atlist argue 1 vs 1 and you dont need their help :p

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 11:31:04 AM »
I watched the film TC - great fighting by both of you. :aok.

Cheers,
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »
dedalos

Yeah, you're right, I should have stayed out, daddog can fight his own battles... apologies for jumping your case.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 12:06:04 PM by scottydawg »

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 12:55:26 PM »
Originally posted by toonces3
Well, I can't hear the stall horn on the tape, and I don't see the shaking on the video, so I can't judget the 'level' of stall throughout the fight.  I'd guess that the stall horn was basically on for about half that fight.

You should watch the tape.  I have no idea what the flight model of a real F4U is.  But, just watching the speed at which TC pulls some of those moves seems impossible.

This is IMHO a huge problem with the film viewer, no stall horn,  I wish they would fix it. Also when you join as an observer you don't get the horn OR the gun sounds.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 01:04:54 PM »
This is IMHO a huge problem with the film viewer, no stall horn,  I wish they would fix it. Also when you join as an observer you don't get the horn OR the gun sounds.

Or tracers

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »
or a drink holder :mad:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 02:03:42 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
or a drink holder :mad:

Or an ashtray.

Man, I just got pwned by skuzzy in that help plz thread.  I'm having verbal diarrhea today.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 02:08:11 PM »
holy !#% dude... I think you need to grab a sheep ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 02:13:28 PM »
Or an ashtray.

Man, I just got pwned by skuzzy in that help plz thread.  I'm having verbal diarrhea today.

He's got his enforcer hat on today, we're all getting what's coming to us.;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 02:15:57 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
He's got his enforcer hat on today, we're all getting what's coming to us.;)

Yeah I totally deserved it.  That kid was way out of line, but I shoulda left it alone.