Author Topic: Michael Vick makes a plea deal  (Read 3050 times)

storch

Michael Vick makes a plea deal
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2007, 05:19:29 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
So are you ok with your neighbors doing ilegal activities like this or dealing or whoring next door? It's a simple questions.
I don't live in a neighbor where that kind of activity occurs, however if I did I would most certainly report it because those activities are potentially harmful to my family.  if there were a cockfight at the house next door I would report that as well but not for the cockfighting but because the element that is attracted to those events and venues in the united states are members of society that in my opinion are better off dead or institutionalized and not out and about in polite society.

if however the fights are occurring in a remote location as they do here and possible over in the people's republic I would feel no compunction to turn them in.  again it's none of my business.

there is a place for everything under the sun.  I'm not going to report a street walker on biscayne boulevard, that is a good place for her to ply her trade but she better not work on my street.

I hope you can grasp the difference but I suspect your emotions will probably not allow you to.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2007, 05:19:33 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
These are living creatures, not someone's walkman. There are people that throw kittens on a BBQ grill for fun. Or soak a dog in gasoline and set it on fire. Can you defend that? There are plenty of sickos that torture animals for fun and get excited by it. The more extreme ones tend to move on to humans at some point, and I can't help but believe that even the ones who don't -- those that just get a big woody over a dogfight -- still have a little bit of Jeffery Dahmer living inside. The glee and satisfaction and excitement of seeing pain and suffering.

As you actually point out, we can tell you whatever we want as OUR beliefs warrant. Civilized society says that dog fighting is wrong. Just because you get some form of satisfaction from dog or rooster fights doesn't mean most of us in Western society can't think that it is sick. Now, I could easily kill another dog if my life was in danger or if it was in pain, but I personally can't imagine the mindset that would enjoy such a sport -- it's alien to me. Apparently it's alien to a lot of other folks as well. There are laws in place to punish people who act on those beliefs just like there are laws in place to punish the NAMBLA folk when they act on their beliefs, which might actually be acceptable in some cultures.

Keep telling yourself that. Dogs are loyal and want to please. Some sick strokes abuse that to have them attack each other solely for the amusement of the tiny subset of folk that get a kick out of such things. The "ultimate reward" for the dog's loyalty and desire to please it's master is having its flesh shredded and once it becomes useless for fighting or is too injured or it's just not good enough to "stud"  it gets euthanized. I imagine it's not done in a Vets office either. And, of course, there are the dogs used to train the fighting dogs. What happens to them? Particularly the ones stolen from someone's back yard.

Charon

Well said as always Charon.

There are people that throw kittens on a BBQ grill for fun. Or soak a dog in gasoline and set it on fire. Can you defend that?

I think its clear from his posts he defends this and is upset the government passed laws interfering with what he and others can do on their private property.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »
As of Thursday afternoon, a little update from Atlanta:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13904880/detail.html

storch

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2007, 05:28:10 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
We usually don't hack a leg off, laugh and place bets on how long the pig can hobble around before it collapses. So no, I don't see a comparison. We need to eat and animals are protein. A basic need versus a casual entertainment based on suffering. If the culture involved raising the dog, killing it cleanly and eating it I don't have a real problem. Not my choice in meat, but a basic survival need being met.

Charon
but you see a basic survival need is indeed met money changes hands.  it's a lucrative and respected trade in these places and it provides for many familie's incomes.

again, until you attend one of these venues and observe the behavior of the participants you have no basis from which to opine, other than from a purely culturally biased and emotionally biased perspective.

what would cause you type that anyone would be laughing at an animal being mauled?

no one laughs, moans is more of one hears at these events.  I suspect if you laughed at the losing dog his owner would cut you up for your lack of respect.

it's kind of like in a boxing match.

storch

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Well said as always Charon.

I think its clear from his posts he defends this and is upset the government passed laws interfering with what he and others can do on their private property.
are you saying that I participate in these activities?

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2007, 05:36:46 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I don't live in a neighbor where that kind of activity occurs, however if I did I would most certainly report it because those activities are potentially harmful to my family.  if there were a cockfight at the house next door I would report that as well but not for the cockfighting but because the element that is attracted to those events and venues in the united states are members of society that in my opinion are better off dead or institutionalized and not out and about in polite society.

if however the fights are occurring in a remote location as they do here and possible over in the people's republic I would feel no compunction to turn them in.  again it's none of my business.

there is a place for everything under the sun.  I'm not going to report a street walker on biscayne boulevard, that is a good place for her to ply her trade but she better not work on my street.

I hope you can grasp the difference but I suspect your emotions will probably not allow you to.

So you are wiling to stick your nose in the other peoples yards, those same yards you have been defending as private, when it affects you but until then its ok.  So you are self centered hypocrite. Man you have class.

Did you ever stop to think maybe Vics neighbors turned him in, or just didnt like it? Wow you just shot your whole argument on why he shouldn’t be in trouble down. Way to go slick.  ROFL!!

You are fooling yourself if you think you get any rise out of my but contempt and amusement. I am not emotional about it, why would I be, the vast majority if good Americans agree with me I am sure. Your the one who keeps calling me names because your losing the argument, yet I am the emotional one you’re a funny guy.

I mean really I have been laughing at you all afternoon.

You know that’s what we girls do when we get all emotional and stuff.

Offline Scotlvr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2007, 05:38:04 PM »
All right this is crazy..Have I been to dogfight's before? Yes Do I know people that train fighting dog's? Yes Do I go to dogfights on a regular basis? NO!
 Are my dog's mine to do anything I want to with? yes! Am I emotionally attached to my dogs? YES!!!
 Are there people and culture's out there that thinks its expect-able to fight Dog's and C#$ks? Yes
 Is there anything we can do about it?NO!!!!!!
Till you all start to realizes and admitt that it happens everyday and there isn't anything you can do about it no matter how much it might make you mad or sicken you. Make yourself feel better and become a volunteer cop and make America a safer place by helping bust the cocaine, crack, and heroin dealers in your town. I don't think you have to worry about Dog trainers on your corner trying to get our kid's hooked on Dogfighting!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:51:56 PM by Scotlvr »

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2007, 05:38:31 PM »
Originally posted by storch
are you saying that I participate in these activities?

No not participate, just dont care about it if its not your house and thorefore fine with it like you are with dog fighting.  You said it many times you don't care what goes on in your neighbors yard.   Well untill you said you did when it effects you.

There is an H word that applies to you.

And how can you not if you are not for the banning of animal fighting,  why is Puppbbq worse then dog fighting?

Besides what do you care, its just internet banter, you don't get upset by that right?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:45:01 PM by GtoRA2 »

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2007, 05:50:43 PM »
Originally posted by Scotlvr

Are my dog's mine to do anything I want to with? yes!

I'm sorry my friend, but according to the Federal Government, thats where you are wrong.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2007, 05:53:05 PM »
very interesting arguments, but i would like to see Scotlvr and storch in a pit in a fight to the death. Now that would be entertainment.

two men enter, one man leaves.

Offline Scotlvr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2007, 05:53:49 PM »
So Uncle Sam say's I can't have any of my dogs  put to sleep anytime I want? I don't think so!!!

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »
Like I said before, what it ultimately comes down to is it's against the law.  We all know that laws are not much of a deterrent, because they are broken every day.  That said, essentially there is nothing to stop you from doing the action until you get caught.  So whether you agree with the law or not, you have the ability to do it if you please, just understand, if and when you get caught, there are consequences and punishment.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2007, 05:55:41 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
very interesting arguments, but i would like to see Scotlvr and storch in a pit in a fight to the death. Now that would be entertainment.

two men enter, one man leaves.

Men? lol

Offline Scotlvr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2007, 06:01:09 PM »
When you people leave the coziness of your homes and leave the US and go see the REAL NASTY POOR world out there..not some plush resort in the bahammas or cancun, or a cruise ship ,but the REAL world where people live in tin freaking shacks with no electric or water,where people will dig through trash for evening dinner, and where if your C@#k or dog wins for the evening your family is good for a month..then we'll talk .......till then...

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »
That was passionate, and I have no idea about what.

:huh