Author Topic: Michael Vick makes a plea deal  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Scotlvr

• Zinc Member
Michael Vick makes a plea deal
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Yea, you and Storch are good buddies now.

Did you read the part where he has no problem with honour killings...as long as it takes place in a Musilm country.  Is this your position too?  

I know quite a bit about Hindus and India.  Perhaps not as much as someone as smart as you...but the FACT is...it is banned there, despite the fact that it is CULTURALLY acceptable in some areas.  Argue with yourself all you like...that is FACT.

You know Curval..I don't know why you would want to argue about this. You seem quite intelligent, so why would you even post a reply?
 "Honour Killings" really only occur in "Strict" Islam countries, and then it has to ordered by a Council of Clerics. It's just not "Hey..I'm going to kill my Son/Daughter because they broke Islamic law and dishonored our family." This just shows you are like 80% of Americans that have know Idea what Islam is about or How Islam works. Its not your fault. Plus you have to think most Muslims live in countries where practices like that are illegall.
 Now it might be a FACT that it is banned in India..BUT it is a FACT that it happens and it is a FACT in those area's that it's CULTURALLY acceptable women are STILL below men and there is NOTHING the government can do about it.
  Do I agree with some of the Practices some of the Cultures/religions my fellow HUMAN BEINGS practice?NO!!! BUT do I try to understand why my FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS do what they do?? YES!!!!! It what makes every culture,religion and person diffrent on this big blueberry spinning in space!!!!:aok

storch

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2007, 03:50:17 PM »
Originally posted by DYNAMITE
Sport? :huh

wow.
ok if it's not sport then you define what it is. while you are at it look up the definition for sport you may just learn something.

is horse racing a sport?
how about greyhound racing?
bullfighting?

once again people's emotions tend to cloud their thinking process a bit.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2007, 04:05:34 PM »
Originally posted by storch
 personally I could care less what people do with their chattel or their time.  

You say chattel alot..    

Ok by definition chattel is moveable objects that someone owns.

Animals i guess can be considered chattel, so in your eyes it's ok for someone to collect and mulitate and torture dogs or cats in there back yard just because they want to?

Certain psycho mass murderers thought killing people was sport too, and maybe even considered there victims "chattel" when they were at there house, does that make it right?

Isn't the bottom line that dogfighting is a felony in 48 of 50 states?

It's your right to believe that people can do whatever they want with whatever they own, but i'm wondering where you draw the line?
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2007, 04:05:38 PM »
Yes... Please Storch... educate me!  At least you didn't call me a girly-man.  Saving the big guns for later?

Why is this an emotional argument?  Can you hear me yelling or weeping though your computer screen? There's nothing emotional about it.  Animal blood sports (I'm talking fighting - not hunting) and those who get their rocks off on them, are symptomatic of sociopathic behavior.  Thats it.  Plain and simple.  

Participating in them, falls outside of social norms.  So far in fact, that we as a society have deemed doing so illegal - that is why this is not a "sport."  You can't get much more dispassionate than that.  

So here's our homework for the day... I'll look up "Sport" and you look up "Sociopathy"  and we'll see who learns the most.  Sound good?

Please :rolleyes:

storch

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2007, 04:11:36 PM »
once again I have to explain that it's none of my business what anyone does with their personal property.

it's ok with me if he clubs them to death while watching oprah andf eating twinkies.  I don't care.

you shouldn't either, it's none of your business.

you guys seem to have a problem with freedom of choice.

storch

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2007, 04:12:48 PM »
Originally posted by DYNAMITE
Yes... Please Storch... educate me!  At least you didn't call me a girly-man.  Saving the big guns for later?

Why is this an emotional argument?  Can you hear me yelling or weeping though your computer screen? There's nothing emotional about it.  Animal blood sports (I'm talking fighting - not hunting) and those who get their rocks off on them, are symptomatic of sociopathic behavior.  Thats it.  Plain and simple.  

Participating in them, falls outside of social norms.  So far in fact, that we as a society have deemed doing so illegal - that is why this is not a "sport."  You can't get much more dispassionate than that.  

So here's our homework for the day... I'll look up "Sport" and you look up "Sociopathy"  and we'll see who learns the most.  Sound good?

Please :rolleyes:
are you saying I'm a sociopath because I don't agree with people meddling in other people's affairs?

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2007, 04:16:11 PM »
are you saying I'm a sociopath because I don't agree with people meddling in other people's affairs?

No...

I specifically noted people who get excited about animal blood sports such as dog fighting have sociopathic traits.  Unless you are such an individual, I did not say you were a sociopath.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2007, 04:25:52 PM »

you shouldn't either, it's none of your business.

you guys seem to have a problem with freedom of choice.

Once again it is against the law, so it is the publics business.

Since you want to ignore that it is illegal, do you feel the same about your neighbor dealing drugs or running a potato house? Those are also against the law, and things that you also could say are none of your business.

Offline Scotlvr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2007, 04:26:45 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
I find it funny and sick that some in this thread are arguing for the right to fight dogs and chickens ...

what's wrong with you ppl, are you inbred or something?

here you go storch & scotlvr, just good fun eh?

Yea know Why don't you go to Asia or South East Asia and have dinner sometime!!!!! I'm not talking the big cities..I'm talking the small farm villages where your eating a delicious dinner and there isn't a cow or pig to be found but your eating meat!!
 Go take your fight to them and tell them a 300 + years of culture and their way of doing things are wrong!!!
 My reason for posting was to defend those that was brought up that way and give them a voice and defend their thinking! Do I agree with it?NO!!! I have my own dogs, a Doberman, a  Rot and a Bull Mastiff. Do I understand what my dogs was breed for? YES!!! Would I EVER intentionally use them for that? NO!!
 But it's my choice and right to do what I ever want to with them! If I want to turn them into big sissys,like they are, I can! If I want to turn them into killing machines..I CAN!!! Just like its your choice and right to disagree with me and train your pets to be the way YOU want them!!! Don't force your opinions and beliefs on me because you think I'm wrong and your right!
 I have a Right guaranteed by a piece of paper to do as I please as long as I don't break any laws or infringe on any other HUMAN BEINGS RIGHTS!!!! I think freedom of beliefs and speech are the 2 most important ones and I BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE TELLING ME I'M WRONG OR F-UPPED IS INFRENGEING ON MY BELIEFS!!!!!! YOUR ENTITLED TO YOUR BELIEFS DON'T TELL ME I'M WRONG FOR MINE!!!!!!!
 Shake your head understand my beliefs and move on! Don't beat a dead horse! Mr. Vick broke Federal law and should be banned from football and spend time in jail!

storch

« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »
I have been to animal fights.  I don't think people participating were very concerned with the animal so much so as with the money they win or lose.  it is a brutal brutal brutal sport but it's a means of making a living especially in the dominican republic and places like that in the third world.  

I personally get a kick out reading stuff that complacent and corpulent posters submit from the relative affluence of the united states and condemn the actions of people who are esentially doing no worse than the man who fattens a pig and slaughters it prior to taking it to market or eating it.  is it exploiting the animal?  it sure is, just like a dog or cockfight is animal exploitation.

I hunt, fish and occasionally still spearfish.  I do so for sport, I enjoy the hunt and I enjoy the kill.  If I miss I'm disappointed.  If I kill the animal I don't utilize euphamisms like others I know who claim they harvested a deer.  I kill the sucker, I field dress it and I drag it back to my truck to take home and eat and share with family and friends.

Offline Scotlvr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »
Amen storch! I too hunt fish and heck I even keep my trapping permit current.
 I wonder what these folks would like me to do with the coyotes that kill my families calves, and hogs? I guess I should let them off with a stern warning instead of a 30-06 round!
 I don't think they grasp is a persons choice how the "Train" their pet. They are your pet and you can do as you want with them. Its your choice! Just like a car..you buy it..it's up to you what happens next.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2007, 04:53:58 PM »
Blah blah blah more BS on why its ok.

So are you ok with your neighbors doing ilegal activities like this or dealing or whoring next door? It's a simple questions.

As for the rest of your tripe, all that serves a purpose if you eat the animal. On top of that I know no sport hunters who try and make the animal suffer for as long as they can, and thats what a dog fight is.

What was your point on this? Your not really trying to compare sport fishing and hunting to dog fighting are you?

Dog and **** fighting have no purpose other then to make cash for jerkoffs and hurt animals for human pleasure. No one eats them and nothing but money and pain comes from it. Well and pleasure for sick ****s.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2007, 05:00:46 PM »
Originally posted by Scotlvr
I don't think they grasp is a persons choice how the "Train" their pet. They are your pet and you can do as you want with them. Its your choice! Just like a car..you buy it..it's up to you what happens next.

I don't think you grasp what a LAW is!  Whether it's right or wrong, it is the law, and thats why the former manifestation of a quarterback; michael vick, has been indicted.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2007, 05:10:02 PM »
I guess we just have to agree that we disagree. personally I could care less what people do with their chattel or their time. you fail to understand that I defend the man's right to his actions when it concerns personal property but that does not mean I defend the action itself...

These are living creatures, not someone's walkman. There are people that throw kittens on a BBQ grill for fun. Or soak a dog in gasoline and set it on fire. Can you defend that? There are plenty of sickos that torture animals for fun and get excited by it. The more extreme ones tend to move on to humans at some point, and I can't help but believe that even the ones who don't -- those that just get a big woody over a dogfight -- still have a little bit of Jeffery Dahmer living inside. The glee and satisfaction and excitement of seeing pain and suffering.

Don't force your opinions and beliefs on me because you think I'm wrong and your right!
I have a Right guaranteed by a piece of paper to do as I please as long as I don't break any laws or infringe on any other HUMAN BEINGS RIGHTS!!!! I think freedom of beliefs and speech are the 2 most important ones and I BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE TELLING ME I'M WRONG OR F-UPPED IS INFRENGEING ON MY BELIEFS!!!!!! YOUR ENTITLED TO YOUR BELIEFS DON'T TELL ME I'M WRONG FOR MINE!!!!!!!
Shake your head understand my beliefs and move on! Don't beat a dead horse! Mr. Vick broke Federal law and should be banned from football and spend time in jail!

As you actually point out, we can tell you whatever we want as OUR beliefs warrant. Civilized society says that dog fighting is wrong. Just because you get some form of satisfaction from dog or rooster fights doesn't mean most of us in Western society can't think that it is sick. Now, I could easily kill or have killed a dog if my life was in danger or if it was terminally ill or if there were just no resources to take care of it humanely, but I personally can't imagine the mindset that would enjoy such a blood sport -- it's alien to me. Apparently it's alien to a lot of other folks as well. There are laws in place to punish people who act on those beliefs just like there are laws in place to punish the NAMBLA folk when they act on their beliefs, which might actually be acceptable in some cultures.

Just like in that sport those Animals that suffer that kind of injury aren't "Killed" on the spot..but healed to fight again or are put out to "Stud" just like horses. I've been to plenty of both Dog and C%#k fights and its VERY rarely that a owner will let them fight to the death.

Keep telling yourself that. Dogs are loyal and want to please. Some sick strokes abuse that to have them attack each other solely for the amusement of the tiny subset of folk that get a kick out of such things. The "ultimate reward" for the dog's loyalty and desire to please it's master is having its flesh shredded and once it becomes useless for fighting or is too injured or it's just not good enough to "stud"  it gets euthanized. I imagine it's not done in a Vets office either. And, of course, there are the dogs used to train the fighting dogs. What happens to them? Particularly the ones stolen from someone's back yard.

Charon
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:22:39 PM by Charon »

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2007, 05:15:58 PM »
I personally get a kick out reading stuff that complacent and corpulent posters submit from the relative affluence of the united states and condemn the actions of people who are esentially doing no worse than the man who fattens a pig and slaughters it prior to taking it to market or eating it. is it exploiting the animal? it sure is, just like a dog or cockfight is animal exploitation.

We usually don't hack a leg off, laugh and place bets on how long the pig can hobble around before it collapses. So no, I don't see a comparison. We need to eat and animals are protein. A basic need versus a casual entertainment based on suffering. If the culture involved raising the dog, killing it cleanly and eating it I don't have a real problem. Not my choice in meat, but a basic survival need being met.

Charon