Author Topic: Belly landing  (Read 1828 times)

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Belly landing
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2007, 09:32:21 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Drone, it's hard to stop because you're so aerodynamic!!! I mean, no flight surfaces to get in the way of all that air!

Does it matter that most flight surfaces were attached on the first landing?
:cool:
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Belly landing
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2007, 10:58:15 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
No matter how tempting that lure looks AKAK ... stay away ... stay FAR away ... :D

:rofl
:aok

Probably cuz Bat hit someone in the fuel tanks as he was vulchin their field and they executed the "holy sh.." landing plan.... and executed it to effect, therefore negating Bat's hard won vulch kill.

nah...i was actualy watching  film posted by a very decent stick and was shocked to see that they landed on a clear runway with no wheels, through choice.

while slapshot has the best answer, quoted above,  i do personaly like to add that small realism, and will never willingly land wheels up 'just to save time'

I dont care about the kills, i care about pretending its a real plane and treating it with the respect it deserves, not just completing the required 'landed succesfully' criteria with as little effort as possible.

maybe because i am an air combat and ww2 fanatic, not a thoughtless killing machine.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Belly landing
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2007, 12:29:50 AM »
I'm a thoughtless killing machine.  That's why I don't get that many kills ;)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Belly landing
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2007, 01:18:28 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
OK fine.   Wheels are down.  happy now? :)

Does this count?

BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Belly landing
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

nah...i was actualy watching  film posted by a very decent stick and was shocked to see that they landed on a clear runway with no wheels, through choice.

ok, now I am worried about you.  I thought you were kiding all this time.  Shocked ?:huh
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Belly landing
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2007, 11:40:53 AM »
Originally posted by bnasty
Does this count?

Absolutely.  Nice landing :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belly landing
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
ok, now I am worried about you.  I thought you were kiding all this time.  Shocked ?:huh

oh come off it ded..I really dont think you mean that......you were already seriously worried about me before this thread :D

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Belly landing
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 09:26:57 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Landing gear is a crutch for the weak. You pro-wheel dorks should use those struts to hold your heads up, because you're a bunch of spineless score weenies, panicked by the thought of not landing your kills for your obligatory round of "WTFG!"s, even though you likely got all your kills vulching or ganging.

I suspect sarcasm here.... In case it is not.... belly landing reaches the same end as landing gear down, does it not? If you belly land with kills, you still get them.

I'm with batty on this one in so far as the fact that I think it's terribly gamey to just belly land because you're too lazy to land gear down.

At the same time, I'm not about to tell anyone how to land.... I, personally, find great enjoyment in landing wheels down even without kills. It is a part of the simulation experience. A smooth, no bounce, landing is almost as satisfying as a decent kill, for me and as such, I make every effort to do so.

Belly landing when damaged (missing wings) or trying to evade landing-vulchers   is perfectly acceptable, as is rolling an aircraft off its wheels when damaged and going to overshoot the runway.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Belly landing
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2007, 11:00:17 PM »
Originally posted by Xasthur

I, personally, find great enjoyment in landing wheels down even without kills. It is a part of the simulation experience. A smooth, no bounce, landing is almost as satisfying as a decent kill, for me and as such, I make every effort to do so.

spot on!! perfect.

thats what i was trying to say!

nail hit on the head.