Author Topic: The Boondocks trailer  (Read 990 times)

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
Proof that gangstas don't know how to shoot...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SDupUAlsUk

:huh What the hell?
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 12:04:16 PM »
Great stuff.  For the folks who didn't read the wiki, here's the basic setup of the show:

The grandfather was a quasi-activist in the 60s, made his money, and retired to a wealthy, predominantly white neighborhood.  He's conservative, thinks the modern 'black culture' is idiotic, and just wants a peaceful retirement.  His grandsons are sent to live with him because they're in a bad neighborhood.  The one with the big hair considers himself the reincarnation of Huey Long, and is a politically active Malcolm X type kid.  The other one embraces the "thug life", but ineffectually, because he's just a kid.  

The grotesque looking guy with the bulging eye has bought into the "inferiority of blacks" hook line and sinker, and considers himself the lowest of the low and is a big proponent of white superiority, to comical effect.

The trailer shows a rapper moving into the neighborhood and makes fun of the "Cribz" style excesses, which the grandfather has no patience for.

He's the best character, you might recognize his voice from the movie Friday, he was the dad.  My favorite line is where he's talking to the movie concessionaire about being forced to put his own butter on the popcorn and saying "If I order a whopper with cheese and Burger King, do they make me put on my own damned cheese?!"
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 02:47:09 PM »
If that is the best line in the thing then I can relax and not feel guilty about not watching a cartoon.

lazs

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »
C'mon Lazs. We know you have the Season 1 DVD of Squidbillies.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 05:22:49 PM »
Originally posted by texasmom
Up & Coming?  That was awful ~ as if the stuff on adult swim wasn't bad enough already!

I hate anime, but a lot of the shows on adult swim are gold.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 05:44:52 PM »
What's up my N *bleeep* ah'  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 08:58:45 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
It was not funny in the trailers..  I am not watching it until at least a dozen "representitives" of the black culture condemn it.

lazs

Does this count? :)

The Boondocks series has attracted a great deal of controversy for its routine use of the word "n i g g a". Aaron McGruder defended the usage of the word, stating that its use made the show feel "more sincere", since the word is commonly used in the everyday conversations of some African Americans.

In 2006, Reverend Al Sharpton protested Martin Luther King's use of the word in the episode "Return of the King". Sharpton felt it defaced the name of Martin Luther King, and sought an apology from the series producers. The controversy was later referenced in the cartoon strip five times and in TV episode "The Block is Hot" in the form of a morning radio announcement.

From my experience, it's more intelligent and not as shallow as Dave Chappelle's show.  Not a bad series for just 15 episodes.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 09:22:30 PM »
Does this count?

It's people like this that allows crap like that to freely flow.

YET yer frikken soo called MLK wannabee Reverends *cough Al Sharpton cough... wait it was Frikken Plural... Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakan*  Where are they ? Where's Jesse and Louis?  You don't have a frikken idea....I know where Martin is... I know what he said. I know where his heart was and it wasn't with Jesse, Al or Louis.  Prove me wrong.

You ignorant Bastages, have you not grown up since the dam '60's.  Wait, you find that if the World sez a dammm thing wrong then you have the right to press a law suit?

Ohhh wait, I pissed someone off. Guess what? I Don't frikken care.

IMUS in the Morning? I'm in yer ANUS in the morning... Frikken sue me!!!

Don't get me started with Geraldo Rivera or the other left wing homo Alan Colmbs..

Clue to you frikken Liberals... if you don't like what someone says... IGNORE IT!!!  Holy Crap a Revelation!!! Dammm.

With Love,

Mac

AsssssHats
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:30:46 PM by AWMac »

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 09:36:59 PM »
O&A Party Rock!
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Bolo6

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007, 12:40:50 AM »
Here is Bolo bout to make himself popular on the boards again.

Here is a fact. If you are white you will probably not get this show. It was not written for you. The situations in it are not familiar to most white people in America. They are pretty familiar to alot of black folks though,and I don't know of any personally who dislike the show or think it is offensive or demeaning to our race. To me offensive and demeaning: the Flavor of Love, Nick Cannons Wild n Out, and BET. This show points out what is wrong with our way of thinking in a comical way, in the same way Richard Pryor and Dave Chappelle make us laugh.
Speaking of Dave Chappelle, can anyone argue that the black white supremicist skit wasn't the funniest thing to come on TV in a long long time?

AWMac is really to angry to make any sense at all, I actually feel sorry for him.  What happened to make him so pissed off? Do this for me AWMac, simple kidergarten question. Which terms go together: liberal, conservative, censorship, freedom of speech?

When I say white people don't get it, I mean that if you haven't experienced certain things, the jokes may not go over as well. That certain thing is being black in America, especially a black man. if you have never had someone clutch their purse tighter upon seeing you enter an elevator, you won't get it. If you have never been pulled over for being in the wrong neighborhood, you won't get it. If you have never been the only black person in a school, or in a room, you won't get it. The shows points out a fact that not many americans will readily admit to. Racism is as alive and well today as it was in the 1960's, just more politically correct.
I am sure this will endear me to the AH community as much as my other thread on religion but so be it. :aok

PS
For any of you that need a 'yassah boss' there it is. LOL

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 12:52:46 AM »
Originally posted by tikky
And 1k3,  I got curious about your sig and I watched death note.  This is very good for a cartoon, but much better if it was live action:aok   The music intro is TERRIBLE.  

That's not the end of intro songs, you'll be speechless after this:t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJPT0G4cPc&mode=related&search=

Opening 2nd variation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=innCBkKwv1o

and btw, continue watching this. It's very short, just 37 eps.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 12:59:59 AM by 1K3 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »
bolo... I actually agree with you and am glad  that I don't get it.  To get it would mean that I actually gave a crap about a culture that is worthless and destructive.  One that I do my best to avoid.

I don't watch black movies and I don't listen to black music and I don't try to understand their language nor do I care what they think.  

These types of things are of interest to only liberal wussies and wiggers.  Bleeding hearts and those who are too stupid to have a life or an opinion not spoon fed them by a myriad of media sources..

It is almost painful to watch pasty white geeks pretending solidarity with black pretend thugs.  their ultimate humiliation is deserved tho.

lazs

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 03:44:31 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
This was distastful, ugly, uneducational.
If you find this kind of crap humorous then you really need to find a life.

I'm really tired of the second tier of crap.

It's a unforgiven crime that Imus sez "Knappy Headed" during a Basketball game yet some rejoice in this crap?

Run this by the "Straight Haired, MLK wannabee, Al Sharpton" let him remark on it.

Mac...

BTW Where The F**K is Jesse Jackson or Farrakan anymore?  You NEVER hear from their arses anymore.

Just getting tired of the Chit!

Mac in Chicago Jesse Jackson is in the news almost everyday doing something stupid.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
It was not funny in the trailers..  I am not watching it until at least a dozen "representitives" of the black culture condemn it.

lazs

That won't happen anytime soon...the "representatives"(quotes are very appropriate) are too busy banning words and running irrelevant marches.