Author Topic: The Boondocks trailer  (Read 991 times)

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Boondocks trailer
« on: August 18, 2007, 05:30:14 PM »
Check out this upcoming anime (according to my books) for fall '07 on Adult Swim.  East and West fusion:aok

I almost died watching this...:cry

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v919168ct6dRdJe?searchId=5166769915433621576&rank=0
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 05:33:19 PM by 1K3 »

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 06:08:11 PM »
BWAHAHAHAHA :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :cry :rofl
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 06:19:11 PM »
This is what will happen to the U.S. if you vote for the Democrats.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 06:38:39 PM »
Up & Coming?  That was awful ~ as if the stuff on adult swim wasn't bad enough already!

I'm so thankful each september ~ I don't let my kids watch cable during the school year ~ as soon as school starts I cut it down to basic channels ~ then turn it back on just for their summer vacation.  Each summer I'm more & more repulsed with the garbage on there.  Unbelievable.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 06:48:05 PM »
"because he wasn't speaking in baboon",  :rofl
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 07:00:19 PM »
Originally posted by texasmom
Up & Coming?  That was awful ~ as if the stuff on adult swim wasn't bad enough already!

I'm so thankful each september ~ I don't let my kids watch cable during the school year ~ as soon as school starts I cut it down to basic channels ~ then turn it back on just for their summer vacation.  Each summer I'm more & more repulsed with the garbage on there.  Unbelievable.

As expected from someone living in Texas:aok

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 07:06:50 PM »
You just gotta love that guy who's complaining about popcorns:lol

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 04:54:03 AM »
Originally posted by texasmom

I agree.  Most shows in the comedy block are reruns - except for 1k3's preview.  Anime block is stale and it's almost a parody of anime lol.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 05:15:59 AM »
This was distastful, ugly, uneducational.
If you find this kind of crap humorous then you really need to find a life.

I'm really tired of the second tier of crap.

It's a unforgiven crime that Imus sez "Knappy Headed" during a Basketball game yet some rejoice in this crap?

Run this by the "Straight Haired, MLK wannabee, Al Sharpton" let him remark on it.

Mac...

BTW Where The F**K is Jesse Jackson or Farrakan anymore?  You NEVER hear from their arses anymore.

Just getting tired of the Chit!

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 06:34:10 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boondocks

I guess I dont have much of a life because I find this show hilarious. However, for those who think this is children's programming you must not understand that adult swim is for...big surprise...adults.

When its a black guy taking potshots at his own race, all bets are off. They go after just about everyone tho... my favorite is the episode where they have the granddad offering cheese to the white neighbors as a way to get in their good graces...cuz you know how all us white folk just dig that cheese :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 06:37:36 AM by moose »
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 06:52:07 AM »
Of course nothing on TV is educational at very late nites.  No one thinks when watching TV very late at night, especially when  you just got out of your job doing overtime.  Even the most crude things said on TV can even make people chuckle because their minds are half shut off at this time.

Ok I just remembered something about Dave Chappelle's show back in '04-'05. Just like Chappelle's show, if you are white, black, brown, red, yellow, green, etc over the age 35 or 40: steer clear from this show.  Chances are that was Adult Swim's intention with this show.  And the hip-hop generation crowd of the '80s and '90s will connect and get the feeling of this show.

Again, Boondocks's very crude, but I gotta give kudos to Studio Madhouse for animating this, the same studio that animated Death Note (see my sig), a precious gem I found with a main plot that will make you think about morality and what IS justice:t

For those who want something inteligent, click my linked sig:t
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 07:11:08 AM by 1K3 »

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 09:04:46 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac
This was distastful, ugly, uneducational.
If you find this kind of crap humorous then you really need to find a life.

I'm really tired of the second tier of crap.

It's a unforgiven crime that Imus sez "Knappy Headed" during a Basketball game yet some rejoice in this crap?

Run this by the "Straight Haired, MLK wannabee, Al Sharpton" let him remark on it.

Mac...

BTW Where The F**K is Jesse Jackson or Farrakan anymore?  You NEVER hear from their arses anymore.

Just getting tired of the Chit!

Like all really funny humor, there are parallels between that clip and real life, whether you want to admit it or not.

I am sure Mr. Sensitive has never peeped a hint of indignation when a black comic made fun of white people, but let anyone, even a black make fun of black people and he is all about the moral high ground.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:07:37 AM by Dago »
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 09:22:01 AM »
It is pretty stupid and I hate anime but...

If you can't make fun of race or the things races do... you will never see an end to racism.

ridicule is a great weapon.... ridicule can stop some "black culture" that is harming them.

lazs

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 09:48:43 AM »
Originally posted by moose
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boondocks
However, for those who think this is children's programming you must not understand that adult swim is for...big surprise...adults.

Nobody has misunderstood who the adult swim programming is for ~ they just have enough maturity to see what a bunch of crap it is.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Boondocks trailer
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 09:51:41 AM »
teasmom.. I think that it is simply more pandering to the terminaly hip but...

any making fun of racial characteristics and phony racial culture is a good thing in my opinion.

lazs