Author Topic: Numbers  (Read 1484 times)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Numbers
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
geeze... the lw guys whine about the whine amount they whine...   Yeah, right... The Chog guys all made tearfull "i'm leaving because HTC doesn't realize that my plane was the best plane of WWII" speaches on this board..  Yeah.. the Chog guys all left with crybaby posts on the way out... Yeah, the Chog guys all left the only country they were in.... the horsey one.   seems that now that it is a lw country we should get a lot of people there that realize just what a bad rap the brave and stalwart, uncomplaining LW guys have been getting all along.
lazs

Offline MrRiplEy

• Copper Member
      • http://altavista.net
Numbers
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2001, 12:36:00 PM »
It's stupid to bash the knights for complaining they're outnumbered if you're flying bish yourself.

The reason for knight players being unhappy are each and every one of you that play bishop even as you know it's totally unbalanced. Any smart player will choose the side which is at underhand.

Going to the strongest side shows only that you're too weak to defend the small country.

Since AH is based on chess pieces, not axis vs allied, I don't see any reason why someone should stick to one side in the game.

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Numbers
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
Last time i checked, All planes were enabled for knights, wasn't limited to LW  ;)

besides, i do believe a lot of U.S. flying squads fly for knights....

I.E. Rip's ... Etc.

<S!> Hamish!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Numbers
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
geeze... the lw guys whine about the whine amount they whine...   Yeah, right... The Chog guys all made tearfull "i'm leaving because HTC doesn't realize that my plane was the best plane of WWII" speaches on this board..  Yeah.. the Chog guys all left with crybaby posts on the way out... Yeah, the Chog guys all left the only country they were in.... the horsey one.   seems that now that it is a lw country we should get a lot of people there that realize just what a bad rap the brave and stalwart, uncomplaining LW guys have been getting all along.
lazs

Man your on crack.
The knights arnt a LW county. You dont see any more LW ac in knight land then anywhere else. You never did. You saw knights in chogs and chogs and chogs. Well now you dont. You dont see the chogs and you dont see the knights. Coincidence?
You have some kind of huge "its about the lw thing" that you substitute for thought in every thread that comes along.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
Numbers
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
pongo.. if you are saying that the reason knits have low numbers now is because they all flew chogs and they all left the game when the chog was perked what, 7 points?   I would submit that it is you that is on crack.

The BK's left the horsey country because it was allways down to a couple of fields with no radar and it had a bunch of guys doing hour long "missions" instead of fighting.  we didn't go to the dildo country because there were two many of em and we didn't want to fight over scraps.  We got no ax to grind and don't care who wins the "war" but we don't pretend that the numbers are close when they're not.  We are not martyr's and, like I said, don't care who wins.  we just want a good fite every time we log on.   The horsey country doesn't allow as many good fights as the rook one.  The dildo country doesn't allow good fites and makes you lazy and flabby.   rook is the best comprimise.

if the horsey country is not the deepest in LW then they at least have the loudest ones.
lazs

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Numbers
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2001, 03:13:00 PM »
I would agree that the knights have(had) some vocal lw types, but a lw plane in knight land is a rare beasty now. And it was when I was flying rook. I saw hordes of knight chogs. Tons of the things.
I sure dont see em now as a knight myself.
I find it funny that the prospect of so many players losing their favorite plane could account for "some" of the increadable loss of players the knights have sustained.
There were lots of knights to whom strat meant one thing. Massed formations of chogs. Period. I saw it again and again.
They cant do that now. Maybe they dont want to do anything else.

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
      • http://www.keithreid.com
Numbers
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »
Hi folks,

I'm new to AH (giving it the free trial) but not to online flight sims, and the numbers issue is a universal problem. It's the main reason (although there are many others) why I'm looking around for something better after playing AW since 1993-4.

It's human nature. When given the chance, many people will go to where they can get the easiest gratification. It's easy to get kills when flying in a crowd while it's harder to get shot down.

While I've found my kill tally can increase dramatically when I'm with the numbers, I find it almost embarrassing to get the kills (a holdover from my earlier AW days, which have passed, where how you played the game seemed to be more important than winning at any cost). Of course, the fifth time in a row when I get shot down and can't tell which of the six people ganging got the kill gets old pretty quickly too.

My first day up over the weekend (Sunday afternoon) was great, up to a point. After a period of crashing as I got used to the FM (and finding out the dive flaps on the P-38 don't do anything), I finally started getting a few kills in a Yak. Numbers were even at about 40 ea. country for most of the afternoon. I flew as a knit (having already seen the numbers posts on the boards and deciding to try and get off on the right foot).

Then, in bout 8:00 (U.S./central time)everything changed. There were solid red bars just about everywhere the action was, and each engagement seemed to be two friendlies at a time versus 6-8 enemies. Same old same old. It was time to log even though I would have liked to play a bit longer.

On the plus side, it is harder to take a base in AH (which is a very good thing), and easier to stay alive against a mob. I also don't expect to see looping and dogfighting B-17s ;-) And the community (as I've seen it) is friendly and helpful with more than a few "check six". They talk about "community" in AW, but this seems closer to the community I remember from the earlier days. Damm, I even see a lot of familiar handles here that I haven't seen for ages.

Still, since I got tired of paying $10/month for a game I could only enjoy playing some of the time, It's hard to see paying $30/month for the same. There are a lot of good suggestions on the board on how to address the issue. Of course, the end result should promote more even numbers yet still prevent stagnation where it becomes too hard to accomplish anything. I hope HTC can find a formula that works.

Charon

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: Charon ]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Numbers
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2002, 10:51:52 AM »
Just noticed that Dingy never posted in this thread regarding a numbers problem back about 8 months ago. :D

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
Numbers
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2002, 06:35:49 PM »
lol
I think Hangtime is right

Around a year ago i remember glasses was asking every lw squad to swich to the knights  and stick together.  he was bothering the squads soo much that we switched our name to a non lw name:)

Trell

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Numbers
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2002, 07:11:13 PM »
So was Creamo. :)