Author Topic: Ringers in the mid-war arena  (Read 878 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Ringers in the mid-war arena
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 01:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by Sundiver
. You can fly mid and early war in the mid-war arena without have to worry about spiteens and la-7's etc.

What worries you about those planes?  The only thing that scares me is seeing a 190 hovering over me waiting for me to engage someone else first.  Those can be found in all arenas
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 01:45:33 PM »
If the numbers were a little larger I'd hang in the MW and EW arenas just to get away from the LW mentality.  

With the Early and Mid planes, you actually have to use some talent to gets kills and rely on the plane less.

As far as scores go, check out my sig and you'll get my opinion ;)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Out of the "top 50" pilots by rank as of today, I'd only concider 5-8 of them as the "better pilots" the rest are all score hoar dweebs who game the game to get high ranks. Don't base anything of the scoreboards...... unless of course your compairing "score hoar dweebs"     :D
Bingo!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 02:29:37 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger

With the Early and Mid planes, you actually have to use some talent to gets kills and rely on the plane less.

what a load of hogwash.  The notion that if you fly an early to mid war plane some how makes you better than someone that flies a late war plane is pure B.S.  

I also hate to burst your bubble about the MW.  Majority of the time the only fight that is going on is between a player and field acks.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 02:35:48 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger

I don't see how two players need more talent to fight in Hurricane 2 vs Hurricane 2 than in a Spit16 vs Spit 16 fight.

Just because you are flying slower planes that doesn't mean you have to be "better"

You only need more skill if you have a plane with a considerable performance disadvantage compared to your enemy's. For example flying a EW crate like the P40B  in LW arenas.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 02:40:04 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »
I really like the plane sets in MW, but I have a heck of a time finding a fight in there. What I usualy find are the milkrunner, score ho-er's. I've literaly had people run away from a 1v1 fight when they had all the advantages.

On the other hand the AvA is usualy a great place to find fights if anyone is there.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 02:44:54 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
what a load of hogwash.  The notion that if you fly an early to mid war plane some how makes you better than someone that flies a late war plane is pure B.S.  

:rofl :rofl :rofl  Especially when the other guy is also in a mid war plane.  Wana feel good?  Take a P40 and go kill a Spit16 :rofl

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 03:09:02 PM »
What Lusche said.

Killing Spit XVI's with a Hurri I is fun too Dedalos.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 04:00:45 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
:rofl :rofl :rofl  Especially when the other guy is also in a mid war plane.  Wana feel good?  Take a P40 and go kill a Spit16 :rofl

I one time took down a Spit 16 with my trusty D3A of doom after a good 5 minuit duel.... Nothing makes you feel better then when you can acomplish something like that..   I also was laughing about it for the next few minuits :)

Oh and befor that was the LA-7 I chased down in a P40-B lol  course I was to slow to get away from the other 2 LA-7's that were trying to save their buddy lol.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »
Originally posted by Flayed1

Oh and befor that was the LA-7 I chased down in a P40-B lol  course I was to slow to get away from the other 2 LA-7's that were trying to save their buddy lol.

Not picking on you but you brought up the reason LA7s are feared. Would it be any different if those were Spit 9s?

This not for you.  Its for the people that cry about LA7s

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 04:08:23 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
Got Milk?
:aok :aok :rofl

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 04:17:53 PM »
Someone place a call to the SOAR squad. They are the people to watch out for in MW (if you are an avid field-ack gunner that is). If you enter the arena and see a horde of red dots swarming a base with no green dots then you can place a call to the same guys. Im sure they will be grateful for any help they can get kicking the crap out of those pretty buildings.

;)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 05:02:26 PM »
Well, I suppose very well it might be folks getting up their score.  I don't think that's all of them though.

It was sort of shocking at first though.  I logged on, hit the roster and was like, "Whoa!  I'm in for a rough time in here tonight!"

Eventually I found a small fight going on between a bish CV and a rook or knight base.  There were one or two bish going against two or three enemies near their field.  I upped an FM-2, not a plane I'm too familiar with, but the enemies were both in hurri 2c's and I wanted to fly something besides a seafire.

I grabbed some alt and then watched for a while.  The 2 bish seemed to be having some good 1v1's with the enemies, so I hung out and watched and didn't interrupt.  

One of the bad guys was Stickpig.  I don't think he'll mind me saying his name becaue he seemed to be doing legitimate base defense.  I've either flown with or against Stickpig before, and I know he's way better than me.  So, while I could've engaged with my FM-2, frankly I already knew the result before I dove in.  I'm not going to engage a ranked 30 fighter guy in a plane I'm not familiar with.

Eventually a third bad guy came in and I scrubbed off my alt  and came in co-E against a zero.  Went a few turns, realized I couldn't kill the guy quickly, and figured if I hung around doing loops with the zero eventually Stickpig or some other hotshot was gonna send me to the tower so I egressed and called it a night.

It was an interesting experience.

If nothing else, y'all are having some impact on me though because every instinct I had was telling me to dive in on one of those bubbas who was engaged with someone else and pick him off when his back was turned, but I didn't.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 05:54:25 PM »
I fly the EW and MW because I enjoy the plane sets and I don't enjoy a 100+ furball.

IMO the F4F is the funnest plane in the whole HTC world.

I rather enjoy a 10-15 plane furball.

I rather did not enjoy the logarithmic increase in La-5's in the MW when the LW went down.

It's not the plane per se, but apparently most La-5 drivers have only read the chapters of the pilot's manual where they discuss HO and running techniques.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High