Author Topic: Rate this car... on the scale of 1 to 10  (Read 1353 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Rate this car... on the scale of 1 to 10
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 06:15:35 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts

Agreed.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 06:24:14 PM »
While skyline might be faster and handle better.

I'd rather have one of these. It's just how a car should look.

:aok

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 06:41:29 PM »
Originally posted by Geary420
I'm with you Vudak, I've always wanted a SHO for a daily driver.  They are decent looking, and fast too.  Did yours have the Yamaha V6?  IIRC the later models had V8's but I'm not too sure.

Mine was the V8 model, automatic (only option I believe)...  It was called "Generation III" by the SHO community.  

The earlier Gen I & II manuals with the V6 were quite a bit quicker, and much more modable (I couldn't even put a CD player in the dash without it looking like hell - darn "ovals").

Still, the Gen III's were fast.  Well, fast for a Taurus, anyway.  Top speed (limited, I believe) was slightly over 140mph, which is pretty impressive for a sleeper, if you ask me.

It was very much a "get in and play" car.  It didn't need any modifications for you to have a great time, and the inside was very luxurious too.  It was the sort of car that wouldn't impress a girl right off the bat, but would right off the first ride :)

I had it back when my other friends owned a GTP, a Maxima, an older, yet still fast Caddie (forget the model) and the Oldsmobile with the GTP-esque engine.  We had some fun times :)

Good times :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Buy a BMW. You'll love it
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2007, 06:47:11 PM »
The 335i rocks.   Just to the top of the line rocket if you have the big bucks.  I love the features in my beamer...very elegant, and a fabulous road machine.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2007, 06:51:38 PM »
Bronk,

After spending only 2 years in the UK, all those retro cars in the US simply look obese to me.  I don't mean I dislike a styling cue or two, I mean they really look fat.  Far bigger than they need to be.  An obese car with a big engine is no more attractive than a fat woman that can bench press 300 lbs.

Slim those cars down, ditch the wannabe gangsta tiny window thing, and cut out the ricer styling cues.  Make *some* attempt at aerodynamic efficiency.  Then cram in the hemi, LSx engine, etc.

The Vette has it right...  The stang, charger, challenger, and new camaro are just fat ex-high school football players who used to be cool.

IMHO :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Nothing beats custom
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 07:01:36 PM »
http://www.dpcars.net/dp1test/info.htm]Original AWD V8 track machine
http://www.dpcars.net/atom/info.htm]Ariel Atom + V8
http://www.kimini.com/
http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/GTMkit.html]Factory Five GTM
Confederate
etc

The new retros look too much alike. They should be unmistakable from one another as much as the Vette is from them.. They probably are as bland as they are because of the slump the US cars' designs have been for a while now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 07:04:56 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 07:51:16 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
Bronk,

After spending only 2 years in the UK, all those retro cars in the US simply look obese to me.  I don't mean I dislike a styling cue or two, I mean they really look fat.  Far bigger than they need to be.  An obese car with a big engine is no more attractive than a fat woman that can bench press 300 lbs.

Slim those cars down, ditch the wannabe gangsta tiny window thing, and cut out the ricer styling cues.  Make *some* attempt at aerodynamic efficiency.  Then cram in the hemi, LSx engine, etc.

The Vette has it right...  The stang, charger, challenger, and new camaro are just fat ex-high school football players who used to be cool.

IMHO :)

The 'stang, charger, challenger, and camaro are pretty small as it is. Any smaller, and getting a V-8 into the chassis might not work.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 08:00:27 PM »
Ok .. it made me chuckle seein the 'GT-R' on a Nissan.

I have that video game.

Nice ..don't get me wrong. . great graphics, and fun to wring out the different cars.

I wish they had an Autobahn in the fog and rain sequence in it :)

But .. it's a video game.

I can't help but laugh when I see that on a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDLybhuOH0

..like this guy ..'pistons and everything'

I mean.

-Frank aka GE
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:03:28 PM by Grayeagle »
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 08:15:29 PM »
Originally posted by Grayeagle

I have that video game.

Nice ..don't get me wrong. . great graphics, and fun to wring out the different cars.

I wish they had an Autobahn in the fog and rain sequence in it :)

But .. it's a video game.

I mean.

-Frank aka GE

OMG, that is just too funny.  :rofl
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »

I have that video game.

GT-R is nothing new, and not some rip off from a video game.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »

I mean.

-Frank aka GE

The GT R on the Mustang separated it from the other GT's. The R version was for racing and was set up quite differently than the standard mustang. It had a much larger engine, no radio, no air conditioning and other bits and pieces specificaly for racing. There were only 350 built if I remember correctly. There were only two or three year models they made those in.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2007, 08:21:43 PM »
If any of you have ever seen the Teckademics video Mischief, there is a scene from a car show where they find a riced out SN95 Mustang with the Nissan GT-R emblem on it.  The mockingly ask the guy questions about the car and he claims its a "special addition" with a rotary engine.  Now that's some funny crap.

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2007, 08:42:39 PM »
Nissan skyline gtr

Is this the same car that heavily dominated the domestic fords and holdens in Australian and new zealand?

This car is a legend, and it's finally going to be introduced to USA!

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
I saw a *lightly* modified skyline suck the doors off a brand new (2005 I think) 911 turbo.  I kicked it up to 130ish trying to keep them in sight but they vanished over the horizon with the skyline pulling away.

A nicely modified skyline can look about as bland as a US nissan sentra but can have 500+ hp, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, and it weighs less than a vette.  That's pretty damn cool IMHO.  I saw a handful like this in the UK.  Damn nice cars, but typically only ricers in the US know anything about them and when they try to copy them or put them into their "culture", they bling them out until they're almost unrecognizable as the relatively normal skylines they started out as.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2007, 10:08:33 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
I saw a *lightly* modified skyline suck the doors off a brand new (2005 I think) 911 turbo.  I kicked it up to 130ish trying to keep them in sight but they vanished over the horizon with the skyline pulling away.

Was that skyline an R-32, 33, or 34?