Author Topic: Rate this car... on the scale of 1 to 10  (Read 1354 times)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Rate this car... on the scale of 1 to 10
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »
Not sure.  It looked like a long, low sentra with a spoiler.  I think it had bulges at the wheel wells.  I don't think it had a GTR badge.  One exhaust, small chrome coffee-can type (not too huge but still bigger than I'd use myself).

I'm not a skyline expert but I think all the guy did to the car was some bolt-on engine mods and maybe minor suspension tweaks.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2007, 11:49:28 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
Not sure.  It looked like a long, low sentra with a spoiler.  I think it had bulges at the wheel wells.  I don't think it had a GTR badge.  One exhaust, small chrome coffee-can type (not too huge but still bigger than I'd use myself).

I'm not a skyline expert but I think all the guy did to the car was some bolt-on engine mods and maybe minor suspension tweaks.

This might be the long and low sentra you're talking about.  This car is just ~2,600 lbs stock.

eagl, that sounds like the Nissan 240SX with Skyline's GTR's RB26DETT  swap.

The hood is spacious enough to carry this engine and its twin turbos + intercoolers.  In stock mode, 240SX is in the same class as Integras and Civic Type-Rs (the INfamous ricers).  Nissan 240SX + Skyline's RB26DETT engine swap is possible, and it's quite expensive.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 12:13:56 AM by 1K3 »

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 12:47:03 AM »
"The GT R on the Mustang separated it from the other GT's."

Yes .. it does.
It makes them silly.

As for Nissan GT-R .. I didn't know anything about 'em.
Video game title was apparantly a rip of the Nissan model.

I know for a lotta money you can make a Nissan fast.
I've also seen a Scarab 240z and knew someone who owned one till he lost it on an onramp .. just a small block chebby in place of the 6 cylinder Nissan had in 'em .. made the car an animal. They useda have an emblem that replaced the 240z medallion  .. it read 240z28 :)

I've also read the article done by Car Craft long ago about putting a Rat motor in a 240z .. ROFL .. even *that* was less than it cost to do fast the Nissan way.. and that lil Datsun did 9's normally aspirated in the quarter..
..with license plates.

-Frank (just sayin -tm Pasha)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 01:36:44 AM »
GE, if you like the 240z google around for "Darius 240z".  It's brown with a small block and absolutely wicked, also RX7's can fit a SBC as well.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Grayeagle
"The GT R on the Mustang separated it from the other GT's."

Yes .. it does.
It makes them silly.

Do you have a pic, or link to what your talking about? It's just not ringing any bells unless its the Cobra R that came out in 01 or 02.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 01:39:30 AM by Geary420 »

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2007, 01:54:03 AM »
Watch the YouTube video someone posted.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 02:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Watch the YouTube video someone posted.

Dialup, throw me a bone, what year is it at least?

EDIT: I'm a moron, just read the description and its the same car I was talking about a few posts up.  Been up for about 34 hours now, maybe time to let the brain recharge.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 02:50:05 AM by Geary420 »

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2007, 03:25:44 AM »
Originally posted by Geary420
GE, if you like the 240z google around for "Darius 240z".  It's brown with a small block and absolutely wicked, also RX7's can fit a SBC as well.

EDIT:

Do you have a pic, or link to what your talking about? It's just not ringing any bells unless its the Cobra R that came out in 01 or 02.

There are the Late model Cobra R's, and also...at least in for '65 and '66, a Shelby GT-350 'R' model. It differed from standard GT-350's (Already quite different from Stock mustang GT's) By getting a 289 Hi-po motor putting out somewhere between 340-360 hp. In addition, It had some interior stuff removed (Most of it, from what I've read) and a different Brake/Suspension setup. I believe that these cars were only sold/given to teams in sanctioned racing bodies, With most of their use in the SCCA.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2007, 07:50:11 AM »
As for Nissan GT-R .. I didn't know anything about 'em.

I know for a lotta money you can make a Nissan fast.

GE, the GT-Rs always have gone like stink. Find a stock R33 or 34, and race it/watch it race a stock Vette or 911, or any other sportscar in that ballpark on a racetrack (with bends).  It's an eye opener.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »
Well..

How well do you think the GT-R would do against a C5-R?

Yassir .. they put the 'R' on the vette too.. I hear they run purty good too
..somethin about LeMans and there wasn't a Datsun even close to 'em..
..of course, the 'R' vette isn't street legal.. but then ..that's what the 'R' meant ..it's a race car.. not a wannabe.

-Frank aka GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2007, 10:55:44 AM »
Doesn't meet minimums.... NO RATING

Can't pull a trailer
Can't go offroad
Can't carry hardly any weight
Can't see down the road
Can't wear my hat

Can't stand rice burners

NEXT! :cool:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »
..of course, the 'R' vette isn't street legal..

I think that you may have blown your own argument out of the water - I could buy a Skyline and drive it home.

As for racing them - they were actually disqualified from competing in Australia because they destroyed the competition - and they were big muscle cars.

All in all, it was an awesome machine; the new version has alot to live up to.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »
Well..

How well do you think the GT-R would do against a C5-R?

In Lemans?  I think the GTR will be handicapped because Lemans don't allow 4WD in competetion

Offline CAF51

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »
ugh paddle shifters, why bother. Their like toys added on an automatic tranny.  And on high end cars too, fast shift speeds be darned, they're toys.  For 60k I'd go for an old Cougar or a GTO, a real muscle car doesn't need power anything.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2007, 09:05:15 PM »
GE, I don't know any other Vette models by that name, but if you mean the race-ready model then it's a no-contest... I meant road-legal production cars like Dowding says, e.g. the Z07 for the new R36 GTR, or an equivalent for the R34.

For LeMans I think that past Skylines were forced to run in RWD form.
The wannabe GT-R XYZ stuff is just japanese cultural chaff.. It's not worth paying attention to.  The past GTRs' performance isn't superficial.

The inline 6 turbo sounded awesome, it's too bad they ditched it for a V6.  The recent Toyota prototype spied around the Nurb sounds really good, though.  Should be easy to find on youtube with "new supra".
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2007, 09:27:29 PM »
Originally posted by Geary420

EDIT:

It's the Cobra R I'm thinking about.  They made them for a couple of years. Two different models if I remember correctly. I had forgotten that they were called the Cobra R instead of the GT R. Thanks for reminding me.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!