Author Topic: HOers v Vulchers (landing)  (Read 2335 times)

Offline PanzerIV

• Nickel Member
      • http://17thawsquad.aowc.net/main.asp
HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »
The people that whine about Head ons are the ones who go through with the head on shot and come out with 1 wing and no stabilizers, then they run off to the forums saying they are too dumb to pull up or push down on the stick and avoid the head on shot, as for vulching, it annoys me, especially when they will avoid a fight so they can vulch someone and get themselves a second kill and get their name is lights.
Head on shots are a valid move but why try and do it, I never try and get into a head on shot but when I am I just aim and say good shot when I die or if I win i say..."hahah you and your noobfire got pwned!!!!!! i am teh 1337!!!!"

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Whiners = 7
Whiners who talk about how big they are = 8
Whiners who talk about how big they are and can't help but to state that they are about to get some = 9
Whiners who talk about how big they are and can't help but to state that they are about to get some and who think that everyone should play by their rules = a perfect 10

Guys who only critique an idea without adding to a discussion because of their natural stupidity =9
Guys who only critique an idea without adding to a discussion because of their natural stupidity and misquoting the author by stating to play by their rules = 10 +

:O
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:38:24 PM by SEraider »
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 06:33:38 PM »
People who whine about HOs & Vulches on Ch 200: 8
People who whine about HOs & Vulches on Private: 9 (hello BigBOBCH)
People who whine about HOs & Vulches in Gen Disc on the BB: 10
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 06:47:38 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
People who whine about being shot down when they were about to land kills rate 10s.

You must endorse this type of vulching. If I am a 10, you are off the charts then dude.:o

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 06:56:50 PM »
Unless you were deadstick it's no ones fault but yours due to poor SA.  If nothing else the guys probably coming in with a bunch of smash so just break hard and force the overshoot, whip around cross control and belly land it so you can tower quicker.

In the end though did it really matter?  I doubt it unless landing those kills was a stipulation of you getting nookie thereafter.;)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by Geary420
Unless you were deadstick it's no ones fault but yours due to poor SA.  If nothing else the guys probably coming in with a bunch of smash so just break hard and force the overshoot, whip around cross control and belly land it so you can tower quicker.

In the end though did it really matter?  I doubt it unless landing those kills was a stipulation of you getting nookie thereafter.;)

Absolutely it is my fault!  In fact i never expect a check six because I am the ultimate believer that you are responsible for where you are and what you do. So I am 100% with you on that.

That in mind, I think at least my unwritten rule that if you are landing, you earned the right to and I just will not take that away from you.  I just think that's weak.:aok

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 07:35:49 PM »
If it's red, it's dead.

That is all.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 07:54:34 PM »
If it's red, it's dead.

Agreed!:aok
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »
Does that mean that the next time I kill someone landing, I get 8 perk points?

Great fun killing people taking off or landing :)

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 08:32:37 PM »
Is this (and other thread) all about score or something.  really what does it matter? people will always vulch and ho and kill steal. always have always will.  It's a game, laugh, and let it go.  much to serious.  Just seems like one big whine....I didn't get to land my kills, someone stole my kill, someone won't let me take off.

btw, no one has mentioned the people who will say it is a valid tactic because they did it in real life....maybe 8 or 9?
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 08:53:03 PM »
Originally posted by SEraider
So I am on final approach to land my kills, about to get some tail from my spouse right after, and some puffy cheek;

I dont think any of us needed to know this... :cry

lol. But on the subject, yes. Vulchin on takeoff is one thing. Its acceptable, as it helps to take the base. But if a plane is landing, he is LEAVING COMBAT, and thus is removing himself from the list of threats without you having to do anything. While it was practiced in WWII, that was because killing an Me-262 STOPPED that plane from taking off again. Not so in AH. Which means there really is no purpose to attacking a landing aircraft.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
I'll be honest...if I see you landing I'll kill you in a heart beat. Nothing personal but a kill is a kill and all is far in love and war. Don't care who you are or how many kills your trying to land.

Don't like it.....call the whaaaaambulance and read my sig.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »
Originally posted by SEraider
Let me say on record (although I do not practice it as much anymore) that vulching on take-off is fair game and a necessary evil when capturing a base.  Let's make this clear: Vulching somebody when they are landing is quite obvious, blatant and cowardly.  

I see no difference.

- oldman

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
I see no difference.

- oldman

Attacking on takeoff is preventing an enemy from entering the fight and becoming a threat.

Attacking on landing is removing a threat who was already removing himself. As far as bettering the war effort it is a waste of ammo.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 09:25:45 PM »
Originally posted by Serenity
Attacking on takeoff is preventing an enemy from entering the fight and becoming a threat.

Attacking on landing is removing a threat who was already removing himself. As far as bettering the war effort it is a waste of ammo.

For the purpose of removing threat kill on landing is much more effective. Victim  will spend the next couple of hours whining on BB instead of fight.