Author Topic: HOers v Vulchers (landing)  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Re: Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 09:26:39 PM »
Originally posted by Serenity
. As far as bettering the war effort it is a waste of ammo.

No necessarily. Perhaps that guy I vulched was traing to land a buttload of kills and is now so annoyed that he will log off in disgust.
That way I have helped the war effort tremendoulsy while having fun and boosting my K/D at the same time ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
No necessarily. Perhaps that guy I vulched was traing to land a buttload of kills and is now so annoyed that he will log off in disgust.
That way I have helped the war effort tremendoulsy while having fun and boosting my K/D at the same time ;)

But the likelyhood of that happening is very slim. Personally, if I get nailed landing a bunch of kills, it just makes me up to kill the s*** out of whoever just shot me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »
But the likelyhood of that happening is very slim. Personally, if I get nailed landing a bunch of kills, it just makes me up to kill the s*** out of whoever just shot me.

In other words: It promotes the fight, hence the fun of this game.

Or like a famous man once said: "It's all about pissing the other guy off!"

:D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 10:05:27 PM »
Attacking on takeoff is preventing an enemy from entering the fight and becoming a threat.

Attacking on landing is removing a threat who was already removing himself. As far as bettering the war effort it is a waste of ammo.

Both situations involve attacking an enemy who cannot effectively defend himself, and who presents nothing more than a geometry challenge to the vulcher.

- oldman

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »
So I guess the next time I bomb the rearms pad at a base with 5 guys on it none of them will be p.o.ed because if landing vulches are ok then so is bombing rearm pads and runways.

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2007, 10:17:05 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Both situations involve attacking an enemy who cannot effectively defend himself, and who presents nothing more than a geometry challenge to the vulcher.

- oldman

Amen

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »
... But if a plane is landing, he is LEAVING COMBAT, and thus is removing himself from the list of threats without you having to do anything. While it was practiced in WWII, that was because killing an Me-262 STOPPED that plane from taking off again. Not so in AH. Which means there really is no purpose to attacking a landing aircraft.

When you attack a landing aircraft it will likely explode OR lose parts, fall to the ground and explode OR catch on fire and explode.  What more purpose do you need?
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
Ho
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2007, 10:37:17 PM »
Head on attacks were widely used in WWII, although the six o'clock position is the best angle for a kill if someones in my gunsight I'm going to shoot.

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
Re: Ho
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2007, 10:41:16 PM »
Originally posted by DakOne
Head on attacks were widely used in WWII, although the six o'clock position is the best angle for a kill if someones in my gunsight I'm going to shoot.

yes but in WW2 it was about life or death. in AH2 it's about having fun. Constant HOing is not fun. A true fight be it turn fight, BnZ attacks etc... at least are entertaining and fun to do win or lose.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Ho
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »
Originally posted by C(Sea)Bass
yes but in WW2 it was about life or death. in AH2 it's about having fun. Constant HOing is not fun. A true fight be it turn fight, BnZ attacks etc... at least are entertaining and fun to do win or lose.

This is part of the point I am trying to make.  I just do not want the reputation to be a HOer.  If I am going to beat you I want to do it in a honest angle of attack.  This is a reflection of my skill then HOing wwhich is by chance.

I just don't respect HOers that much.  However Vulching landers I think is the lowest thing to do.  I know it's fair game but I think courtesy should be discussed.

If there is no courtesy, then all of us are not created equal and some of us are better than others!:p
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2007, 11:03:51 PM »
Red=Dead

I always assume any red guy landing has just done something dastardly to a knit I know or possibly a squadmate. Therefore it is my honor and privilege to put said red plane, no matter what it's speed, altitude, angle of approach,  vector, victor, status of higher education, physical preparedness, marital status or sexual orientation face first in the dirt. Quid pro quo, yippee cay yay, that's how I roll.  If it cries while it dies, so much the better.

Chiznit yo 6 homie, 5-0 b' chillin on it.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2007, 11:06:31 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
When you attack a landing aircraft it will likely explode OR lose parts, fall to the ground and explode OR catch on fire and explode.  What more purpose do you need?

Now that is sigworthy.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Re: HOers v Vulchers (landing)
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by SEraider
I am not voting 10 since somebody may make an argument that there is something worse than these 2 types of players (hard to imagine).

The ones who whine about it: 10

;)
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Kami

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2007, 11:13:19 PM »
If I get vulched, be it on take off or landing, I realize I did something stupid and learn from it.  I have no grief towards who did it, since he took a risk losing alt and E to kill me.  I learned very quick to decide when and where I take off and land and consider it part of being a better player on my part.

I maybe new, but I'm not dumb.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 04:54:37 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

- oldman

What if you suck at geometry and could use the extra credit.;)

Bronk
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 05:13:24 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4