Author Topic: [rant]  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 06:29:36 AM »
Remember that the people standing at the register using food stamps are just doing their jobs, like the pizza guy. :) Don't get too mad at them.

Grocers, food distributors and farmers are the people who contribute to the campaigns of politicians who will keep and expand programs like these. Neither they nor politicians care about who gets the food stamps because those people aren't getting the money. Businesses are getting the money.

Food stamps are a transfer payment from taxpayers to businesses. The people using them at the cash register are just couriers. ;)

For a politician, the couriers are a constituency and so are businesses. Business and the food stamp recipients are partners, hand-in-hand. Interesting image, isn't it?

Offline mora

• Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 06:52:48 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Why does anyone need a satellite dish?

They need Al-Jazeera etc. to make them feel like home.

storch

[rant]
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 06:59:27 AM »
the irony is killing me.  liberals are amazed by human nature.  rpm you are an imbecile sir.  I type that with sincere compassion for your plight but the solution is a mere party change away.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
[rant]
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 07:26:55 AM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th

Take five bucks and hand it to someone and watch them spend it on candy,then you have a right to rant.

Hey numpty, just who's money do you think that is that the gov is handing out?

Tell me just how much $$ the gov would have if they didn't forcibly take it from the people?

Bronk
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:29:12 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Re: [rant]
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 08:12:11 AM »
Originally posted by rpm

I see it day in and day out, day after day. They walk up to  the check out stand with a basket full of junk food, candy and soft drinks. You might find a pound of hamburger meat under the 3 tubs of Blue Bell if you're lucky  Food stamps should be for just that...food. Not fried pies, cakes, candy bars, Cokes, potato chips, ice cream, Slimfast, RedBull, donuts and any other junk food you can think of.

[/RANT]

...Because its not a good idea to put ice cream in your pants?;)

storch

Re: Re: [rant]
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 08:29:51 AM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
...Because its not a good idea to put ice cream in your pants?;)
:lol

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
[rant]
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 09:34:45 AM »
America has the fattest poor people in the world, no wonder all of Mexico wants to come here
link

To understand poverty in America, it is important to look behind these numbers—to look at the actual living conditions of the individuals the government deems to be poor. For most Americans, the word "poverty" suggests destitution: an inability to provide a family with nutritious food, clothing, and reasonable shelter. But only a small number of the 37 million persons classified as "poor" by the Census Bureau fit that description. While real material hardship certainly does occur, it is limited in scope and severity. Most of America's "poor" live in material conditions that would be judged as comfortable or well-off just a few generations ago. Today, the expenditures per person of the lowest-income one-fifth (or quintile) of households equal those of the median American household in the early 1970s, after adjusting for inflation

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

* Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.

* Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.

* Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.

* The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)

* Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.

* Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.

* Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.

* Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 09:37:57 AM by bj229r »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
[rant]
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »
In kalifornia we have decided that food stamps are too humiliating for people to be given so we give em credit cards.

Welfare was not the work of republicans by the way...  whatever war we were in when food stamps started is now paid for but... the food stamp program... that started out small... is now huge and well... getting bigger every day with less to do with helping and more to do with entitlement.

and you want a government run health care system?

lazs

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 10:09:14 AM »
In a lot of areas, I've read that foodstamps are preferred to regular currency. There is a whole seperate market for them.

I wish they were more like WIC, with vouchers for certain products, rather than something like a substitute dollar bill.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »
should i?

tell me you are not taking this forum seriously
if answer is yes, you have serious problem

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: [rant]
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 10:16:04 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
IMHO the two party system is a failure.
I've said this for years.  <> Steve
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
[rant]
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 10:19:41 AM »
Originally posted by texasmom
What are you, the genius of the bunch?  Why don't you do a little research to find out exactly how & by whom foodstamps are 'paid' for.  Until then, kindly don't post and remind us of what an idiot you are.

Wow Mom, did one of the kids break your favorite coffee cup?...Feisty this am...;)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
[rant]
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »
texmom.. he may or may not be an idiot but he most certainly uses his emotion to think with.   It leads to idiotic statements like we are not paying for food stamps the government is..

most lefties feel that all money in a country belongs to the government and that it is governments job to make sure that it is distributed in a compassionate way.

If you make more than someone else...well..  you are just extra evil and selfish and... of course...since you like to work.. getting up and doing it is nothing for you.    

What you don't realize is that some people just don't like to work... they don't like getting up or putting up with a boss or breaking a sweat or taking extra classes at night to get ahead.    Why should they be punished for a type of personality?   shouldn't those who enjoy working pay the way for them?

lazs

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »
You folks still don't get it, do you?

Food stamps are a funnel. They funnel taxpayer money to businesses, not people. It's a subsidy.

Who gets the money? The people with the food stamps?
No. Grocers and the food industry get the money.

Who came up with the concept of food stamps? Politicians? The government?
No. The grocery and food industry came up with the idea.

Republicans denounce it to get votes, but still take money from lobbyists to vote to fund it. Democrats endorse it to get votes and take money from lobbyists to vote to fund it.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
[rant]
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 11:03:57 AM »
Sorry y'all, especially to Karma & Ramzey. I went & deleted all of those previous posts. I'm terribly rude in the morning hours.  Actually, I'm quite rude all day... but there's much less of a filter in the morning hours.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac