Author Topic: [rant]  (Read 1023 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
[rant]
« on: September 09, 2007, 01:23:13 AM »
I am a pretty compassionate soul in matters of human kindness and helping those less fortunate than myself. But, one of the things that gets under my skin is taking that kindness and abusing it. More specificly, food stamps.

I see it day in and day out, day after day. They walk up to  the check out stand with a basket full of junk food, candy and soft drinks. You might find a pound of hamburger meat under the 3 tubs of Blue Bell if you're lucky. Food stamps should be for just that...food. Not fried pies, cakes, candy bars, Cokes, potato chips, ice cream, Slimfast, RedBull, donuts and any other junk food you can think of.

I see the baskets full of junk food roll out time and again to be loaded into the brand new cars and trucks these people seem to be able to afford. The worst case I ever saw was at another store where a woman bought about $200 worth of hamburger meat and loaded it into a taco wagon. She was going to sell the meat she got for free. (and yes, I did call but got a "so what" in reply)

I had a young couple in tonight that commented "We spent $50" as they walked out with 3 bags full of candy bars and crap. No, you didn't spend $50. I did. I paid for the free munchies you just scored, not you you ungrateful piece of human waste. Hop into that tricked out ricer you're so proud of with the trashcan exhaust and 5KW stereo and thump your way back to the house before you accidentally find a job and have to take the gromets out of your earlobes and rings outa your lip. By the way, I noticed you didn't buy any condoms, either. I'm sure I'll be seeing you in a few months with your new WIC card.

At least with WIC (Women, Infants and Children) it limits the purchase to specific items that have been approved for purchase and checks them against the list at the time of purchase. No junk, just food. It removes a lot of the opportunity for abuse and still gives needed items for proper nutrition. Why can't we do the same with food stamps?

Before you guy's go screaming it's the Democrats fault, remember I live in a Republican controlled state and the Republicans had plenty of time to do something about this when they had a majority in Congress. I didn't see one of them lift a finger to do anything about this.

[/RANT]
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 01:40:22 AM »
damm illegals!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
[rant]
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 01:42:46 AM »
Ramsey, I see far, far less abuse done by the "illegals" than I see done by "legals".
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 01:47:06 AM »
????
after reading so many post on this forum i thought food stamps  are abused only by fat illegal mamasitas with bunch of kids under skirt.

sorry, my mistake

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 02:13:01 AM »
For once, I agree with rpm.

I've always observed the same stuff and thought "that herd is over-populated and is over-grazing its environment". I'd like to see proper herd management applied.

Its time to cull, folks. The hunters of our state are willing to help. Let's enact a 30 day open season on Lone Star Card holders. We can close that down once acceptable herd populations are achieved.

I'm only partly kidding :t
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Re: [rant]
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 03:14:32 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
the Republicans had plenty of time to do something about this when they had a majority in Congress. I didn't see one of them lift a finger to do anything about this.

[/RANT]

Amen brotha... preach on!  They sat on their hands while those of us who voted them in, after they promised to hear our voices,  railed against their sloth and deceit. IMHO the two party system is a failure.
The republicans want to take all of our money and give it to illegal aliens and others who don't have the self respect to get a job; all the while posing as those that wouldn't do so.

The dems want to do the same things, at least they make less of an effort to deceive.

Time to form the Conservative party because we conservatives most certainly are not being represented by the RINO's in office currently.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 03:27:39 AM »
Shut it.

You dont pay crap.
The gov takes your $$ and kicks down 0.002% to the people.

So sorry you work and get everything you want.
but APARENTLY someone buying candy bothers you.
Take five bucks and hand it to someone and watch them spend it on candy,then you have a right to rant.

Its not just about YOU.
Drink a beer you #^%&'s
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
[rant]
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 03:31:23 AM »
Uneducated people make bad decisions.  If they were making healthy choices in what they eat, they probably wouldnt have made so many bad decisions to get them on food stamps in the first place.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 03:35:23 AM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th
Shut it.

You dont pay crap.
The gov takes your $$ and kicks down 0.002% to the people.

So sorry you work and get everything you want.
but APARENTLY someone buying candy bothers you.
Take five bucks and hand it to someone and watch them spend it on candy,then you have a right to rant.

Its not just about YOU.
Drink a beer you #^%&'s

Don't mess w/ Karma's foodstamps!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
[rant]
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 04:06:59 AM »
Foodstamps are NOT an entitlement. They are a benefit of living in a compasionate society funded by me,
Joe D. Taxpayer.

I'll rant all I want, it's an entitlement.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SoulTakr

• Copper Member
[rant]
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 04:17:15 AM »
Karma... you forget your Oh Henry.

My family has been on WIC both when I was in the Military and when I had just gotten out.  You cannot understand unless you have been there how much pride had to be swallowed to accept help.  There is nothing more disgracing I feel in feeling like you cannot take care of your family.

Needless to say I got a great paying job a little while later and was able to get off it.  Did WIC help?  Absolutely, Did we need it?  You betcha.  Were there people waiting in the line to recieve free items that didn't really need it?  Hells yes.

Point I am trying to make is that what i believe is the same as RPM is trying to say(in my own drunk mind at the moment)  That there are people that use and abuse this system.  i quit my great paying job to spend time with my family, I spent 20 out of 24 months deployed to Iraq.  

Anyways, the majority of the people I worked with were prior service, I was personally appalled at the the amount of folks that would retire/ETS and brag literally about how much disabiliity they would get.  Keep in mind,the work I did was not for the faint hearted, it wasn't as brave as going out to secure an objective or anything like that, but it entailed sometimes traveling by either air or convoy to support a unit that needed help. I prefered to travel by convoy as I hate flying as a passenger.(1 airborne accident fixed that for me we had a bad bird strike and got thrown across FRIAR DZ)  Not to mention, it's easier to transport me to somewhere as opposed to having a convoy travel with broken comms.  Either way, these poor excuses would get 75-100% disability, yet at the same time, deploy overseas to make 100k plus.

Lemme think about this for a sec, you are "physically unable" to go overseas w/ your unit, yet you can get discharged, receive an outlandish amount of compensary funds that you and I pay for, yet, get forward deployed w/ a contracting company and recieve a HUGE paycheck, 80k tax free.  Did I retire from the military?  No.  Did I claim Disability? Nope, Why? Because even though I have Severe problems that were accrued while serving our great nation, I feel personally that it does not hinder me from performing to support my family.

Anyways folks, this is just my opinion..and personal feelings, If you truly need help, by all means use it until such time as you can support yourself.  If you are just "milking the system" because you feel like Uncle Sam "owes you something... #^#$ off!
"Deeds Not Words"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
[rant]
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 04:31:45 AM »
SoulTakr

Thank you for your service. Outstanding!

Now don't get me wrong. If you are due beni's for service related stuff, by all means take advantage of them. It is due you from a grateful nation.

Taking them when you've never really earned or deserved them is another matter. I'd hope follow-up would find the most flagrant, but I can dream.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
[rant]
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 06:09:25 AM »
Think yourself lucky.

In this country the wasters dont get food stamps, they get money.  So instead of actually spending it on.....and we'll sidestep the whole "is a twinky food" question.......food they can spend it on anything they wish....

Alcohol, drugs, large boltcutters so they can go stealing bikes......etc.

They opened an asylum seekers refuge near where I used to live, within a day of it opening the cycle racks were full of mountain bikes and scooters and every window had a satellite dish bolted to the wall outside it.  I'd love to know how these ******** managed it on the pittance they get from the gov.

Once upon a time I was unemployed and expected to run a household on 40 a week ($80 ish).  And yeah I did ask why I was only getting 40 a week when I'd been paying around 200 a week in tax for the last 5 years.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 06:13:13 AM by Swoop »

Offline mora

• Gold Member
[rant]
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 06:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop
They opened an asylum seekers refuge near where I used to live, within a day of it opening the cycle racks were full of mountain bikes and scooters and every window had a satellite dish bolted to the wall outside it.  I'd love to know how these ******** managed it on the pittance they get from the gov.

Typical, but at least in here they get things like bicycles and satellite dishes on top of their allowance on need basis.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
[rant]
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 06:25:26 AM »
Why does anyone need a satellite dish?