Author Topic: Intersting comment on HO...  (Read 7006 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Intersting comment on HO...
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »
Wow, your inability to understand what you read can only be matched by BoxBoy

Originally posted by bombnbail
Well, yes you have an opinion, and yes, you can post it here.  

Do you need history lessons?  I'll leave that up to you, because we didn't try to take those "rocks"  we did take them, at the expense of a lot of guys who thought the price was worth it.

Well, duh. You said the islands were not taken and that the guys that fought there did not thing it was worth it?  I am really confused now.  What does that have to do with what I said?  It was just an example but you fail to see the point.  Weather they thought it was worth it or not, maybe it was not the right approach may be it was.  What I am saying is, you cannot apply that to a game.  Don't wory though.  I m sure ill have to repeat it again on the next page.

More than one high ranking officer died doing their job, and it was not an accident

lol, wow, more than one eh?

This is a game, while we do make comparisons to real life, don't belittle the lives lost in the real war.  

How did I do that?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
Originally posted by Boxboy
Had a tough time in the military I see, by your replies I can only assume you really hated the military and couldn't wait to get out.  Wonder what the discharge title was:rofl

Not really :D See your assumptions are wrong.  I grew up in Greece, so I had to join the Greek army for 2 years.  However, I did it after I was done with college.  It is a little different when you are 26 and not 17 or 18, and they know that.  After the first 40 days of training, it was like a long vacation, so it was a good experience.

Now, how did you figure all that from what I wrote is beyond me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2007, 12:34:57 PM »
Legit??  So is jumping in the ocean off a sinking boat into a bunch of sharks... if there is no other way out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2007, 03:35:15 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Not really :D See your assumptions are wrong.  I grew up in Greece, so I had to join the Greek army for 2 years.  However, I did it after I was done with college.  It is a little different when you are 26 and not 17 or 18, and they know that.  After the first 40 days of training, it was like a long vacation, so it was a good experience.

Now, how did you figure all that from what I wrote is beyond me.

Really not too difficult, you have a VERY low opinion of the military tactics used in WWII and of military tactics in general.

You seem to think a commander will waste his troops just for the fun of it or because it is "easy" to do it that way.

But now that you have said you are European I can understand the rant since MOST (not all) European youths find America replusive (jealousy I suspect).  It is unfortunate however that your college education has failed you so miserably, in the area of history (since Greece was occupied by the Nazis).
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »
When I started reading this thread, I was going to post a thoughtful reply.  After reading the whole thing, I'm gonna stay out of it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2007, 07:57:18 PM »
Really not too difficult, you have a VERY low opinion of the military tactics used in WWII and of military tactics in general.

You seem to think a commander will waste his troops just for the fun of it or because it is "easy" to do it that way.

But now that you have said you are European I can understand the rant since MOST (not all) European youths find America replusive (jealousy I suspect).  It is unfortunate however that your college education has failed you so miserably, in the area of history (since Greece was occupied by the Nazis).

OHHHH MY GOD, GREECE WAS OCCUPIED BY NAZIS????:O   HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME:furious :furious

Wow, you sir must be a fine product of the edumacational system :rofl

I take it you have been in Europe for some time and got to interact with those evil kids there?  I remember when I was there, all we talked about was how jealous we were of the US and how repulsive we found it.  

People that think like you really puzzle me :confused:

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
OHHHH MY GOD, GREECE WAS OCCUPIED BY NAZIS????:O   HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME:furious :furious

Wow, you sir must be a fine product of the edumacational system :rofl

I take it you have been in Europe for some time and got to interact with those evil kids there?  I remember when I was there, all we talked about was how jealous we were of the US and how repulsive we found it.  

People that think like you really puzzle me :confused:

No I don't have to go there,  you are doing a fine job of demonstrating my point.  Your smart mouth and disrespect are all that is necessary:rofl :rofl :rofl
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline bombnbail

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2007, 10:50:13 PM »
Actually boxy he speaks out both sides of his mouth.  He has no concept of history or military tactics and doctrine, nor does he speak the truth about his back ground.  

His comment of "the army is the army"  says he has no clue.  His next comment on what they do speaks loudly of never having suffered combat training.  Followed up with the last 2 posts and you get a guy who is probably mid to late teens, never been in the military, never bothered with history.  And no respect for those who gave their lives so that he can come here and post his opinion.  

Go figure.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2007, 11:02:07 PM »
I <3 HO

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2007, 11:06:24 PM »

No offense, but are you high? What do you base your opinion on?

Oh wait thats just my "jealousy" of your American way of life :rofl
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:14:31 PM by evenhaim »
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2007, 11:15:12 PM »
Actually boxy he speaks out both sides of his mouth.  He has no concept of history or military tactics and doctrine, nor does he speak the truth about his back ground.  

His comment of "the army is the army"  says he has no clue.  His next comment on what they do speaks loudly of never having suffered combat training.  Followed up with the last 2 posts and you get a guy who is probably mid to late teens, never been in the military, never bothered with history.  And no respect for those who gave their lives so that he can come here and post his opinion.  

Go figure.

And you have?
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2007, 12:56:13 AM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
No offense, but are you high? What do you base your opinion on?

Oh wait thats just my "jealousy" of your American way of life :rofl

Hmm if your location info is correct you ARE NOT a European, however if I were you I would speak more kindly of the Americans since without us in 1948 your country doesn't come into existance:O
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2007, 10:06:23 AM »
biggest bullcrap ever we applied for statehood the European nations voted, we got a country i dont see america anywhere in israel's history in 1948:rofl

but seriosuly keep thinking that. America #1!:lol
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2007, 11:11:38 AM »
Hmm if your location info is correct you ARE NOT a European, however if I were you I would speak more kindly of the Americans since without us in 1948 your country doesn't come into existance:O

Very embarrassing, Boxboy, proof we didn't need that the Ugly American lurks just beneath the surface of many of us.  This would be a really good time to let this thread drop.

- oldman

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »

Go figure.

Simply amazing, so, so far we have:

he speaks out both sides of his mouth
He has no concept of history or military tactics and doctrine
nor does he speak the truth about his back ground.  
has no clue
never having suffered combat training
is probably mid to late teens,
never been in the military,
never bothered with history
no respect for those who gave their lives (This is probably the only thing I took offense on)
you have a VERY low opinion of the military tactics
You seem to think a commander will waste his troops just for the fun of it or because it is "easy" to do it that way
European youths find America replusive (jealousy I suspect)
college education has failed you so miserably
Greece was occupied by the Nazis
Had a tough time in the military
really hated the military and couldn't wait to get out.

Did I forget anything?  :rofl I sneeze and my posts get deleted but hey, you are on subject and not attacking anyone so I can see why HT lets you guys go on :rofl

Let me know when you are done.  I'd like to take a shot at describing you, too.