Author Topic: Why we need a black president  (Read 4537 times)

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Why we need a black president
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »
You seem to be willing to call everyone else's gay children queers, studmuffinots, fudge packers, and every other derogatory remark in the book, but when it comes to your kids. It's i'll love them and respect them for whatever they do. If your going to be like that, be like that all the way.

I personally think people in religion should stop blaming, condemning, and pointing down on other people because they don't follow their rules of law. And saying it's in the name of God. I personally don't think God is so petty to be that condemning and uncompassionate to people. Not saying your christian, this is just my idea on religion and gays, and religious discrimination.

Alot of christians need to get this point about the bible. The whole purpose of that book is this.....Love everyone, treat your fellow man as equals, treat yourself with respect, treat others with respect, respect others lives and decisions without judgment or condemnation, love is unconditional, love is all, that is all.

God exists independant of religion, religion is our way of trying to interpret God and what already exists, no matter how right or wrong it may be at times, but it should never be used to judge anyone.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2007, 10:50:15 AM »
wow txmom.

I think I have just had a seen some "ugly"....back pedalling not included.

RTR
The Damned

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2007, 10:53:49 AM »
Originally posted by LEADPIG
You seem to be willing to call everyone else's gay children queers, studmuffinots, fudge packers, and every other derogatory remark in the book, but when it comes to your kids. It's i'll love them and respect them for whatever they do. If your going to be like that, be like that all the way.

I personally think people in religion should stop blaming, condemning, and pointing down on other people because they don't follow their rules of law. And saying it's in the name of God. I personally don't think God is so petty to be that condemning and uncompassionate to people. Not saying your christian, this is just my idea on religion and gays, and religious discrimination.

Alot of christians need to get this point about the bible. The whole purpose of that book is this.....Love everyone, treat your fellow man as equals, treat yourself with respect, treat others with respect, respect others lives and decisions without judgment or condemnation, love is unconditional, love is all, that is all.

God exists independant of religion, religion is our way of trying to interpret God and what already exists, no matter how right or wrong it may be at times, but it should never be used to judge anyone.

Who brought God into it? (other than you)  I never said it was my Christian belief... I never said that my belief was as a result of what God instructed.
You just automatically popped off with that because that's the standard answer.

And yes, if one of my kids ends up gay...will I love them? Yes, absolutely.
But I'm not changing to accomodate "hurting feelings."  I think what I think what I think.  Why are you wrapped around the axel on my kids? Same answer as before: if they end up studmuffinots, they're going to have been raised well enough to understand that they WON'T be afforded the same rights under the law as MAN and WIFE. Period.  I'm sorry, am I going to have to repeat that again?  Or is the "kid" route the only one you think is going to work here?
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2007, 11:01:51 AM »
No i, "popped off with it", as you say, because i wanted to for your info. If you would have read it you would have noticed i said something to the effect of. "Not saying your christian, these are just my beliefs on gays and religion and religious discrimination." That was your cue to know i wasn't talking about you. Any more questions?

Oh and as far as your kids go, it is a rhetorical as well as inconsequential, point of view to explain the ambiguity of the situation.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:03:56 AM by LEADPIG »

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2007, 11:05:27 AM »
No i, "popped off with it", as you say, because i wanted to for your info. If you would have read it you would have noticed i said something to the effect of. "Not saying your christian, these are just my beliefs on gays and religion and religious discrimination." That was your cue to know i wasn't talking about you. Any more questions?

No more questions necessary.  If you were remarking about how your own Christian beliefs led you to show how we shouldn't discriminate, you conveniently left out all of the multitude of passages in which God specifically condemned homosexuality.   period.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2007, 11:16:37 AM »
Well, I think you should leave god out of it. period.  

I mean, come on, the poor guy's already in hiding as it is. What with being sued and all.

Not to mention the fact that he's suspiciously MIA and hasn't responded to the allegations against him.  I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up on Americas Most Wanted.  Ahh well, we could always start rounding up priests.:noid

But I digress.

Oh wait, no I don't. My whole post is pointless. It is rounded at the ends. It is obtuse. It is without angles. To a point, it is blunt.

oh well..back to your regularly scheduled O'Club bashing.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2007, 04:05:45 AM »
Originally posted by texasmom
No more questions necessary.  If you were remarking about how your own Christian beliefs led you to show how we shouldn't discriminate, you conveniently left out all of the multitude of passages in which God specifically condemned homosexuality.   period.

Yea all that stuff about god hating homosexuals and sending them to hell, complete crap to me. God ain't that hateful, mean or condemning in my eyes, only us judgemental people are. I have a feeling all the people hating on folks and saying everyone else is going to hell will be the ones actually going, and the ones not paying attention to all that and just loving people unconditionally and nonjudgementally won't. The bible is not the untainted word of of god, just my opinion.  People misinterpret it, it is written in story form to show the basic ideas and principles and you must look underneath the entire surface for the true message and get the main idea. It is taken too literally. If that is the case i should take my only begotten son and try to burn him and wait for god to stop me before i do it i suppose. That's some wicked God that would play a joke like that on his people.  And people believe that stuff word for word. Sounds like something we would do instead of God.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2007, 08:31:54 AM »
Originally posted by texasmom

He left out the stuff about our specific duty to stone to death any woman found guilty of adultery, or the specific right of us to have slaves and do to them whatever we like etc. etc. etc. that is evident throughout the bible too.

Cherry picking the bible for anti-gay rhetoric is akin to zealous musilms cherry picking the Koran for passages that justify strapping on bombs and killing non believers.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2007, 09:46:52 AM »
ledpig...you must be very young.. you are very passionate and very silly... unable to see what is right in front of you because you are trying to figure out how many angles can dance on the head of a pin.

I would do fine in marketing... If I said that jews don't eat pork... it would not be discriminator... it would not matter at all the reasons only that the fact would not be changing any time soon.   you would waste a lot of time trying to understand it.

When you get older you will realize that generalizations are.. for the most part. a good thing..  If they are true.   They save time and grief.

You claim victim status... neither of our grandparents went to school... both worked like slaves..   many came here not knowing the language only a few years ago...  asians came here and were hated for their skin color and their racial physical traits AND  they didn't speak the language...  yet... when the negros burn their own cities to the ground...  the asians protect their property... they don't snivel.. they get on with the program.

When they told me that no programs were available for me because I was white and none were left for white.... Why didn't I just learn some form of gaelic ebonics and steep myself in self pitty?

In America.. especialy in the last half a century... but even before then... the only victims are those who make themselves such.

It doesn't matter to me why your people are the way they are... the crime.. the violence and the clothes and culture... I just don't want em in my neighborhood because the are IN GENERAL bad for the place... no good at all comes from being around them... they have nothing to offer but crime and blame.

They don't do well... it is because they aren't getting schooling... bus em to school.. they ruin the school and then drop out... and every time... no matter what... it is someone elses fault.   You are going to have to grow up some day and see that people have to take responsibility for their own actions...

lazs

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »
Originally posted by uberhun
Thats easy. Because the way the current laws are written their is a biased distinction between being "married" and a civil union. Their is a whole list of things afford a married Man and Woman couple, that two people of the same sex are not allowed.

p.s (don't take this so personally it is not meant to be, it is just open debate of opposing view points) !

In other words, gays are discriminated against because they cannot have the new 'right' which has been newly invented just for them, which has never before existed in the annals of history?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »
Being looked at in this country as a human being without being looked at with regards to race, sex, preferance, religion with total freedom and having that protected by law is a bad thing. Is a new idea? If people of a certain religion don't want gay people to be married fine. But America is not a religion and should not treat people as if it is one with it's own ideals to be thrown onto people. People should be looked at as human beings period, i don't care if you like what they do or not. And a country winch touts it's mantra as total equality should be protecting those rights without regards of judgement, creed or mentality.

Just because something existed before in the past doesn't mean it's right to be continued or repeated.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 05:29:47 PM by LEADPIG »

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
  you would waste a lot of time trying to understand it.

Since when is trying to understand a different viewpoint or phenomenon a bad thing. I guess if you were Thomas Eddison and you noticed some funny light come from the point of the atom, you'd just ignore it and accept it. People like you never find anything out Lasz because you are oh so willing to except things at face value. We'd be sitting in the dark right now if it was up to you. You are a follower not a discoverer, hinging on the backs of people who are willing to think.

By Lasz2
When you get older you will realize that generalizations are.. for the most part. a good thing..  If they are true.   They save time and grief.

Generalizations are just that generalizations, and are just surface measurements. They neither explain the impetus or the motivation behind a situation and as such leave the real reasons unexposed to full understanding.

By Lasz2

It doesn't matter to me why your people are the way they are... the crime.. the violence and the clothes and culture... I just don't want em in my neighborhood because the are IN GENERAL bad for the place... no good at all comes from being around them... they have nothing to offer but crime and blame.

They don't do well... it is because they aren't getting schooling... bus em to school.. they ruin the school and then drop out... and every time... no matter what... it is someone elses fault.   You are going to have to grow up some day and see that people have to take responsibility for their own actions...

This is one surface thinking genarilized, prejudiced, insubstantially recognized and processed thought of incomplete information, which he is not able or smart enough to reason the real reasons behind.

I am black Lasz

I do not commit crime

I do not where "funny" clothes or blame

I want nothing from you.

I did not drop out of school

(I was constantly on the dean's list and usually held somewhere between a 3.4 to 3.8 GPA)

Book learning is not higher learning

I have been a pilot since i was 16 years old.

Just by the fact that i am or do any of those things throws your whole judgement into perspective and proves your generalizations are wrong.

For a generalization to be wholly correct it must count and encompass the possibilities of every situation. I am not one of those situations. Think deeper Lasz your generalizations are incorrect.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 05:34:06 PM by LEADPIG »

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »

I do not where "funny" clothes or blame

I did not drop out of school

(I was constantly on the dean's list and usually held somewhere between a 3.4 to 3.8 GPA)

you don't "where" funny clothes and you were on the deans list? What list was that, the bad spelling list? :lol

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2007, 11:14:32 PM »
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2007, 04:53:12 AM »
4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:10:54 AM by MP3 »