Author Topic: Looking for squad/training  (Read 917 times)

Offline bushi

• Zinc Member
Looking for squad/training
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »
Hi,

I'm looking for a squad to join that flys together alot. I'd prefer one that would have people to help me practice things in the TA or DA though I do gets kills now. I am reading Shaw's book and reading over netaces and would like to join a squad that uses tactics and things like that. I am currently flying Rook but really haven't settled into a commitment to a country, I'd rather find a good squad at this time. I'm not really interested in rank or flying up and down runways shooting planes taking off unless it's to help capture a base. I don't mind tryouts to join if they have those here. Country really doesn't matter to me either, I am more for squad than country so if your squad looks like what I am looking for and switches countries alot that doesn't bother me. I don't check forums very often so the best bet is to catch me in the arena.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:53:06 PM »
How old are you?

If over say 21....Knights...171 Vox.....71 sqd. Tell them RedTop sent ya.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 03:10:00 AM »
same here my squad is Knight squad and we do alot of tactical flying. we also tune into 171 sometimes to have some fun fights. RedTop
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 12:37:37 PM »
Wing paired flight geared for RTB and landing...  Mostly Eastern and Central time zones USA  If you like semi-regimented flying then try the 353rd (formerly of 880 FAA)  Contact TheBug, or Shifty by PM or in game.
:aok  Tune 155 text/vox

Kilz you already nabbed a newb...
Originally posted by kilz
same here my squad is Knight squad and we do alot of tactical flying. we also tune into 171 sometimes to have some fun fights. RedTop
Go away
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 10:05:13 PM »
The Lynchmob Outlaws spends much of our time together, you're more than welcome to wingup with for a coulpe of days.  PM me or find in the MA. Thanks:aok
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 10:07:28 PM »
Originally posted by kilz

Kilz...Im looking forward to getting back in the air. Hope to cya up when I do finally get back.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 10:21:49 PM »
There are alot of good choices, in the end alot depends on what it is you want from a squad. I've flown with a few top notch squads (AK's & 327th Steel talons) to name a couple. I also spent some time as a trainer here ("tour 1")...

If your looking for a formal organized squad with defined roles then 880 or 347th (daddog) are both good choices. If your looking for a multirole mission oriented bunch then Killz squad might fit the bill.

The 71st is a bit tougher to pidgeon hole. We dont have a squad night....but often have 10 or more guys up (plus tag alongs). We often fly with other/or in support of other squads missions...but we rarely run "mizzuns" of our own (but when we do watch out...5 of us rolled 6 bases in 40 min a few weeks ago in LWA with 300+ in it). When we decide to we launch the biggest fighter sweeps in the game (50+ is not uncommon).

The great thing about AH is that the community supports all flavors of squads...take some time and find the one thats right for you.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline bushi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 10:01:20 PM »
I am mostly looking for a solid wingman. I am very good at the loose deuce and covering my wing, though I admit I do not dive in guns blazing to save someone not in my squad who has gotten themselves in a preventable situation. I am all about the squad, not the war. I am currently running with the Hells Angels squad but the time zones seem to be in conflict. Great guys, do not get me wrong, effect and I had a great LD run my first night but again our schedules are in conflict. I would like to fly with some of you very much, I am on the very technical alt+speed=life but am not afraid to turn in the least. I thank you all in your interest, I will be looking in game for possible folks to wing up who have responded thus far, hopefully with a welcome. This is in no way because of the lack of skill in the HA, it merely is because of schedule differences. Please feel free to send me a private message in game if you would like to test my turning/BnZ/E-Fighter abilities in the TA or DA in a friendly manner. I am all about fun, but I would like to find some solid guys to regularly fly with. My SA is very good I've been told and my gunnery is better than average I would think. I just want some great guys who have the same mindset as myself, fly to live, get some kills, go home.  I really enjoy using the tactics in Shaw's book as well as a few others, PLEASE feel free to send me an in-game message as I will be squadless when I log on.

Again, this is nothing against the HA in the least. It's just that the times I fly I may as well be a lone wolf. I would like to get me some solid wingmen who fly smart. I understand that there may be some doubt as to my ability but I am more than willing to prove that I am an adequate pilot that understand patience and E-Retention etc, though as I said before I have been practicing my TnB skills often in a Spit9 and have found some great success using it as an E-Fighter as well as a turner. If you have a good squad I would like to tryout.

I jumped into a squad to fast, and for that I apologize to the HA. I should have flown with them first before realizing the time differences.  I give my sincere apologies to them.

Statistically, I am at 115 kills and 42 deaths. I started playing under this handle from a #'s handle. I changed when I felt that I could actually DO something. Some Ratios:

P51-D 28 kills, 6 deaths
Spit9  24 kills, 10 deaths
Spit16 15 kills, 3 deaths

As I said before, I do ok and am improving quickly. I really would like to find some solid wingmen, most of these stats are me flying alone. I think I could be a benefit to a fighter squadron. The only real thing I require is people to fly with and folks willing to teach me more advanced things. The HA's did, but scheduling conflicts seem to be unavoidable in a major way. I am currently focusing on fighters, I do not know how to bomb, I do not know GV's. I am really looking for a technical fighter squadron, I understand the numbers on the compass and have an understanding grasp of the tactics in Shaw's book as well as info on netaces though much of it I haven't put into practice.

Again my sincerest apologies to the HA's. VERY great guys, it's just that my schedule conflicts too greatly with theirs. In the future I would like to fly a week or so with some squads before picking one.

Also, Training in the TA/DA in stall fighting I would very much like. I would like to advance as quickly as possible within the game. I love flying and flight sims and really do think if given an honest shot with some training that I could become a valuable member of a squadron.

Thanks all for your response, I will be looking for some of you in game.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 11:25:02 PM »
Usually plenty of action in the DA now. You should have no problem getting some seasoning in T&B type fighting.

I wouldn't worry to much about K/D ratio or score....it's really pretty meaningless overall. Once you realize you can rack up pretty impressive numbers fairly easily you tend to look for "good fights". At the same time no question that squads (even the 71st) do like to stack em up from time to time. The 71st has landed 100+ kills a bunch of times in one sortie. I know Bat had back to back to back 20+ kill pony hops one night. Then again they're burden with folks like me who would rather go furball in an A-20:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline bushi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 11:38:25 PM »
Originally posted by humble
Usually plenty of action in the DA now. You should have no problem getting some seasoning in T&B type fighting.

I wouldn't worry to much about K/D ratio or score....it's really pretty meaningless overall. Once you realize you can rack up pretty impressive numbers fairly easily you tend to look for "good fights". At the same time no question that squads (even the 71st) do like to stack em up from time to time. The 71st has landed 100+ kills a bunch of times in one sortie. I know Bat had back to back to back 20+ kill pony hops one night. Then again they're burden with folks like me who would rather go furball in an A-20:)

I really don't worry about ratio much at all. I never vulch, and I think like you I look often for a good 1vs1 at equal advantage. Yes, I am a lone wolf now so I do try to come in with advantage, but there is nothing like the thrill of a scissors or a good 1vs1 flight. I just listed those to hopefully catch the eye of a squad willing to invest time in me while I improve. As of right now I can usually handle a TnB/E-Fight fairly well.

I often bail my planes out of boredom. I am not sure if this affects K/D ratio, but I also crash to switch planes to get to a more provocative area. I really don't care about rank at all, I am here to have a good time and hopefully find some good folks I can fly with on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:41:50 PM by bushi »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 09:07:44 AM »
Anytime your flying knight feel free to tune to 171, Bat and I (as well as others) use 271 in the DA when we're up....

Offline Ruger44

• Zinc Member
      • Home of the Aces High II Squadron VFA-169 Excaliburs
What time is good?
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 03:46:45 PM »
I am the C/O of a newly formed Rook squadron called VFA-169 Excaliburs.  Having read your postings, It seems that what you've expressed that you want from the game, is very close to where I'd like to take my squadron.

This could be a unique opportunity for you.  By becoming a charter member, you could actually help to direct where this squadron goes, and what form it finally takes.

Where are you located?  (Don't need specifics, just trying to get a feel for when you may be on)  I am located in Pennsylvania, on the east coast of the United States, as is my XO, but we both have unique work situations that allow us to be on at almost anytime day, or night.

I started in online combat flight sims about 12 years ago in a game called Air Warriors.  At the time, I flew mostly bombing missions, but since coming to AHII, have decided to learn how to fly every type of aircraft, under all types of missions.  I find this allows for greater flexibility when planning ops, and recommend it highly.

If you see myself, (Ruger44), or my XO, (Marshal) don't hesitate to contact us.

Also, please forgive my curiosity, but is Bushi short for Bushido?

Cmdr Ruger44
C/O VFA-169 Excaliburs

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
353rd SLYBIRD
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 03:54:32 PM »
If it's 51's , 47's and Spits you want Try 880 FAA (WARLOC is CO) or us in the 353rd FG (TheBug, or Shifty)  
We fly Knights
Squad night is Tues and Thursday  8pm'ish Eastern
Snapshot Wednesday  9 pm'ish Eastern
FSO on Fridays  1030 pm'ish Eastern

Assigned wingman on flights stressing RTB with or w/o kills
Solid teamworking in ACM
Training by two of the best sticks in the game.
Relaxed, semi-regimented atmosphere

Feel free to PM Odee, TheBug, and Shifty for 353rd...  or Warloc for the 880 FAA :aok
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 05:53:58 PM »
Originally posted by bushi
I am mostly looking for a solid wingman. I am very good at the loose deuce and covering my wing, though I admit I do not dive in guns blazing to save someone not in my squad who has gotten themselves in a preventable situation. I am all about the squad, not the war. I am currently running with the Hells Angels squad but the time zones seem to be in conflict. Great guys, do not get me wrong, effect and I had a great LD run my first night but again our schedules are in conflict. I would like to fly with some of you very much, I am on the very technical alt+speed=life but am not afraid to turn in the least. I thank you all in your interest, I will be looking in game for possible folks to wing up who have responded thus far, hopefully with a welcome. This is in no way because of the lack of skill in the HA, it merely is because of schedule differences. Please feel free to send me a private message in game if you would like to test my turning/BnZ/E-Fighter abilities in the TA or DA in a friendly manner. I am all about fun, but I would like to find some solid guys to regularly fly with. My SA is very good I've been told and my gunnery is better than average I would think. I just want some great guys who have the same mindset as myself, fly to live, get some kills, go home.  I really enjoy using the tactics in Shaw's book as well as a few others, PLEASE feel free to send me an in-game message as I will be squadless when I log on.

Again, this is nothing against the HA in the least. It's just that the times I fly I may as well be a lone wolf. I would like to get me some solid wingmen who fly smart. I understand that there may be some doubt as to my ability but I am more than willing to prove that I am an adequate pilot that understand patience and E-Retention etc, though as I said before I have been practicing my TnB skills often in a Spit9 and have found some great success using it as an E-Fighter as well as a turner. If you have a good squad I would like to tryout.

I jumped into a squad to fast, and for that I apologize to the HA. I should have flown with them first before realizing the time differences.  I give my sincere apologies to them.

Statistically, I am at 115 kills and 42 deaths. I started playing under this handle from a #'s handle. I changed when I felt that I could actually DO something. Some Ratios:

P51-D 28 kills, 6 deaths
Spit9  24 kills, 10 deaths
Spit16 15 kills, 3 deaths

As I said before, I do ok and am improving quickly. I really would like to find some solid wingmen, most of these stats are me flying alone. I think I could be a benefit to a fighter squadron. The only real thing I require is people to fly with and folks willing to teach me more advanced things. The HA's did, but scheduling conflicts seem to be unavoidable in a major way. I am currently focusing on fighters, I do not know how to bomb, I do not know GV's. I am really looking for a technical fighter squadron, I understand the numbers on the compass and have an understanding grasp of the tactics in Shaw's book as well as info on netaces though much of it I haven't put into practice.

Again my sincerest apologies to the HA's. VERY great guys, it's just that my schedule conflicts too greatly with theirs. In the future I would like to fly a week or so with some squads before picking one.

Also, Training in the TA/DA in stall fighting I would very much like. I would like to advance as quickly as possible within the game. I love flying and flight sims and really do think if given an honest shot with some training that I could become a valuable member of a squadron.

Thanks all for your response, I will be looking for some of you in game.

you need to talk to JETSOM he has the kind of squad your looking for. just fly into a hugh furball and come out of it with some kills. JETSOM has the squad your looking for.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55:11 PM »
Originally posted by Odee
Kilz you already nabbed a newb...
 Go away

you gotta shoot me down first :t
Former LTARkilz