Author Topic: Rules in the Main Arena?  (Read 1905 times)

Offline captkaos

• Copper Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:23:43 PM »
I am really getting tired of people telling me that there are rules for a merge in the MA.  If you get in front of my guns, I will shoot.  It is that simple.  Do not be foolish enough to fly your plane directly towards mine and think that I will not shoot.  I cannot wait to see if you are going to shoot or not.  I do not know who out there is flying according to some stupid merge rules that have no place in the main arean and those who are fighting the best they can.  I do not choose the H.O. as means to start a fight, but sometimes it happens.

By the way, if you have the fire power, a head on is a good tactic.  Do not fly directly towards a 110, a mossie, a nikki, or any other plane with cannons.  Odds are you will die.

If you want rules on a merge, go to a dueling arena!

So if you complain to me when I shoot you down for flying toward my plane, you will be ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Souless

• Copper Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 12:25:05 PM »
Yawn :huh

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:27:30 PM »
I try to look at as "honorable" NOT to shoot in an head on merge. alas, far to many people believe they don't have the "skill" to fight and maneuver for a kill shot so they in stead take the cheap shots..... to each his own.

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:32:13 PM »
Captain, don't let them get you down.

If they are in the gun sight, pull the trigger, don't feel bad.  The only thing that matters is who lives and who dies, not how it happened.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 12:34:18 PM »
Or when they whine about, "You broke the rules!" you simply respond saying, "Well thank you."
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »
Originally posted by captkaos
I am really getting tired of people telling me that there are rules for a merge in the MA.  If you get in front of my guns, I will shoot.  It is that simple.  Do not be foolish enough to fly your plane directly towards mine and think that I will not shoot.  I cannot wait to see if you are going to shoot or not.  I do not know who out there is flying according to some stupid merge rules that have no place in the main arean and those who are fighting the best they can.  I do not choose the H.O. as means to start a fight, but sometimes it happens.

By the way, if you have the fire power, a head on is a good tactic.  Do not fly directly towards a 110, a mossie, a nikki, or any other plane with cannons.  Odds are you will die.

If you want rules on a merge, go to a dueling arena!

So if you complain to me when I shoot you down for flying toward my plane, you will be ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd hate to see what  you'd type if we were not to be ignored :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline captkaos

• Copper Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 01:00:24 PM »
Fugitive,

My question is how do you know if the other person will be honorable?  Sounds like s risk that I am not willing to take.  Besides, where is the skill in putting your plane directly in front of an enemies guns.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 01:04:59 PM »
Fugitive,

My question is how do you know if the other person will be honorable?  Sounds like s risk that I am not willing to take.  Besides, where is the skill in putting your plane directly in front of an enemies guns.

You don't know.  It's a choice you have to make.  I expect that folks are going to HO and generally starting from 1K out or more.

It's the guy that doesn't HO that I know is going to be a fight.

And yeah I've paid the price for not HO'ing back and misjudging the attempt to avoid it and dying.  But since the cartoon planes are free and I didn't really die, it's just not that big a deal.

But expect that the guy you are going nose to nose in the merge with is going to HO.  Sadly it's the rule, not the exception.

You'll hear all kinds of justifications for it, but in my mind, until we actually start dying for real and have some actual risk in going head on with someone, it's just a lazy way out of a fight.

Just my opinion though.  You have to fly the way you want and most importantly the way you have the most fun.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »
Fugitive,

Ooooooh, thats easy. Follow your own advice.  Don't fly HO to him and you have nothing to worry about.

What you are really saying is that you will and do fly HO intentionally all the time  but it is the other guys fault for doing the same :rofl

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »
"Do not be foolish enough to fly your plane directly towards mine and think that I will not shoot."

But, but, I still have faith in mans basic goodness. ;)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »
Fugitive,

Why pray tell are u in front of his guns then?
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 01:16:46 PM »
The only rules in the MA are the ones set forth by HTC regarding vox, chat, etc. and FE manipulation. All others are just peoples opinions of how the game should be played which really don't mean squat.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 01:22:37 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
The only rules in the MA are the ones set forth by HTC regarding vox, chat, etc. and FE manipulation. All others are just peoples opinions of how the game should be played which really don't mean squat.

Unless of course, they are in line with yours.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
The only thing that matters is who lives and who dies, not how it happened.

There are some who believe this should be reversed.

- oldman

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Rules in the Main Arena?
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
 The only thing that matters is who lives and who dies, not how it happened.
spoken like a true tard!  :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"