Author Topic: You wanted to see it, Kappa  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
You wanted to see it, Kappa
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 09:39:40 PM »
What i don't get is, why the attitude about it. I'm sure Sim didn't want to rip his plane apart  by hitting kappa. Gentlemen accidents happen, E is misjudged , con makes an unexpected move.  Why start the name calling about it? Seriously it's not like Sim is a 2weeker. You know the type, la-7 flying like a guided missile guns blazing till impact.

Lighten up a bit, it's a game after all.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2007, 09:53:57 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
yes, the only way we can on 200.. had i seen a 'he he' anywhere in your text im certain I would have reacted differently..  and as far as i can tell i've not flamed at all..  simply telling what I saw from my perspective..

got no hard feelings here.. and never would in this game..

and hereupon the thread endeth

two class guys had a misunderstanding.  A fine lesson for new guys that collisions, much like expending fecal matter, occurs.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 09:58:11 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
What i don't get is, why the attitude about it. I'm sure Sim didn't want to rip his plane apart  by hitting kappa. Gentlemen accidents happen, E is misjudged , con makes an unexpected move.  Why start the name calling about it? Seriously it's not like Sim is a 2weeker. You know the type, la-7 flying like a guided missile guns blazing till impact.

Lighten up a bit, it's a game after all.

Bronk

I agree totally..  But how Simaril constructs himself now and what I read are two different animals..  Obviously I could have used abit more patience but I've always given what I 'thought' I was getting.. Can't see I'll ever change.. Too old too anyway..

So, if you mean to say that I had all the attitude, I suggest you reread the SS and this thread and take a look from my perspective..  Like I said a 'hehe' anywhere woulda went a longway. 8)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 10:13:52 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
...  Like I said a 'hehe' anywhere woulda went a longway. 8)

Check out the 9th line under "Kappa has collided with you." It says "hee hee"

Just sayin.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2007, 11:11:10 PM »
Yey a collision thread..I have one for yea.

Saturday in Der Grosse Schlag I'm doing a auto climb after a refuel. I'm watching a con that's on my lower six probably 8k below me so I can't see his icon to see if he's friend or foe.

Next thing I know I get rammed from behind by a P51 whom dove in from who knows where because I never saw him. I get the collision message and take all the damage with one of my wings getting ripped off among various other parts.

I know collisions topics is like beating a dead horse, but please tell me why a guy can ram me from behind while I'm in in a auto climb yet it's somehow my fault.

I've had this kind of collision more than once. I'm sorry I could care less what my game data says or what his says, if the other guy hits me from behind and I take damage, then he sure as hell should take damage too.

If you are hit in the rear quarter of the plane either both planes should take the damage or neither should.

"strafing"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 11:19:10 PM »
KAPPA EATS BABIES!
-AoM-

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 11:23:22 PM »
Originally posted by Scotch
KAPPA EATS BABIES!

He must be French.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 12:00:23 AM »
kappa tried to ram me the other night in a 262!!!!  :P

~AoM~

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 12:04:52 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
I know collisions topics is like beating a dead horse, but please tell me why a guy can ram me from behind while I'm in in a auto climb yet it's somehow my fault.

He didn't hit you, you hit him.

You are thinking in real world terms, not computer terms.

The computer doesn't care and can't tell any of that judgemental stuff.  It only knows that on your FE your aircraft and his aircraft occupied the same space.  His FE knows that your aircraft and his aircraft did not occupy the same space.  Therefor you take the damage and he does not.  Has nothing to do with who's "fault" it was.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2007, 12:37:36 AM »
get a life
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2007, 01:21:43 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
He didn't hit you, you hit him.

You are thinking in real world terms, not computer terms.

The computer doesn't care and can't tell any of that judgemental stuff.  It only knows that on your FE your aircraft and his aircraft occupied the same space.  His FE knows that your aircraft and his aircraft did not occupy the same space.  Therefor you take the damage and he does not.  Has nothing to do with who's "fault" it was.

from my post...

I'm sorry I could care less what my game data says or what his says, if the other guy hits me from behind and I take damage, then he sure as hell should take damage too.

It really should be just as simple as that.. either we both take the damage or neither of us do. The way it works now is extreemly flawed.
"strafing"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2007, 01:39:36 AM »
Originally posted by RedTop
In real life....If planes collided...wouldn't both probably get damage if not both explode?

This is my beef with the whole collision thing.

300-500 mph and hit something?  In mid air? while that was also moving really fast?

Dead people.....It would be dead people.

So with the "realistic" aspect that is brought up here on this BBS this seems to be the most unrealistic thing in the game.

Maybe not if they just brushed (like losing 1 gun in a collision in-game).

Also, while you may be doing 500 mph during a collision, it may be from behind while the other guy is doing 475 mph making it effectively a 25 mph collision.

I'm sure there's other scenarios that would limit catastophic damage.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2007, 01:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by Scotch
KAPPA EATS BABIES!

No wonder Kappa keeps asking to come over to "show me something".  He's after my tinies!

I'm keeping a close eye on them, Kappa!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2007, 04:04:54 AM »
from my post...

I'm sorry I could care less what my game data says or what his says, if the other guy hits me from behind and I take damage, then he sure as hell should take damage too.

It really should be just as simple as that.. either we both take the damage or neither of us do. The way it works now is extreemly flawed.

Both of you taking damage no matter what is even more flawed. How would you feel if on your FE you lose a wing when you clearly did not hit someone? If neither of you take damage it would open the door to a  ridiculous level of lame gameplay. What we have is as good as it gets for the time being.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2007, 04:45:48 AM »
from my post...

Too good to look the link?
Originally posted by Bronk
Slappy, it's my personal windmill.:D

Tangle's external from his front end the moment of impact.

Same basic angle external, tangle's view from my front end moment of impact.

How would you feel taking damage looking at your film and seeing tangles front end view, hmmmmmm?

I know I'd be pretty POed.

Bronk

Edit: This also works nicely for the "none should take damage" people.

Yea I should be able to put the nose of my ac through another.:furious :furious :furious :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's mind numbingly simple. On his front end he probably passed over the top.  While you flew up into him on yours.

Bronk
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 05:03:54 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4