Author Topic: You wanted to see it, Kappa  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
You wanted to see it, Kappa
« on: October 21, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »
Was flying a F4U-1A when a Zeke with 5K alt ad decided to attack. Easily pulled up abive his dive angle, and tried a couple times to get him on the roll as he looped above. Finally ran out of E, adn dove out to rebuild E. Amusingly, the Zeke tried to follow until a good chunk of his E was gone, making his RTB highly unlikely. As expected, friendlies engaged from above him, and I was able to reset the fight from my end.

He pulled back up, and I even saw him hammer an unwary friedly that tried to outturn him. Meanwhile, I popped back to the engagement with near equal E but below him. He looped over the top, and I tried to set up for the snapshot -- but rather than evade it, he continued to pull straight down. I tried to snap out of his way, but ended up getting a collision with contact right behind my canopy. System announced I had collided with him, and that he had collided with me. By the time I commited to the attack, there was absolutely nothing I could do against such a very maneuverable plane at low speed.

Apparently he just didnt know I was there. Oh, well.

Went to 200 with something along the lines of a "Why dont you look where you're going, bud? Nothing I could do to get out of a zeke's way!" The response was...ummm... less than friendly, and included references to my thick skull. While not arguing that point, Kappa simply refused to believe that he had collided with me too. So, as promised, I'm posting the screenie.

Not a big deal at all, but since Kappa went to such great lengths as to call me a liar later on 200, felt it appropriate to post what I said I had. The collsiion was both our faults, because we both got collision messages.

And next time, I'll remember to not assume the enemy pilot will be aware of my presence....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 04:43:18 PM »
Yay a collision whine thread. Hasn't been one of those in a while.

Sim ya should have HO'd him first and been in an LA-7.:D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:46:17 PM »
Well, there is a subtle distinction here. I completely agree with the collision model, and have no argument with the outcome. I screwed up, and put my plane in his path.  So it's not REALLY a collision whine thread.

I'm just responding to his calling me a liar. I have no problem with "newb" and "thick skulled", or any of the other creative epithets he dished out. They're well deserved..as is the "stubborn mule headed clueless jerk" one he left out!

And BTW, he landed the sortie with 6 kills. Definitely a skilled pilot!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 04:49:55 PM by Simaril »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 04:50:16 PM »
Sim you misunderstand. I know you know how it works.
It's just a preemptive strike on what it will turn into.
No offense intended,  thought the HOin LA sarcasm would have been enough.

Sorry if it came off wrong.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 05:14:29 PM »
You rammed him and he collided with your dead carcass!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock

Lol...except thats not what happened. As I said, on my front end my plane was hit on the dorsal ridge behind the canopy by his nose , which means I was in the wrong place and the first collision registered to me. My fault, absolutely. Then, on his end, he must have minimally clipped me -- maybe his empennage hitting my elevators or something, but without enough collision for him to even take damage.

Only posted cause he said collision was all one sided (and, well,  because while I was "hee hee" -ing him, he was "newb punking" me).

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 05:42:56 PM »
well, in his defense, you are rather thick skulled ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Then it was Kappa's fault.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 07:18:47 PM »
you shoulda switched to Geico ,,, you woulda save millions .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 07:47:10 PM »
pft.. lol

you said i should take responsibility for ramming you.. I said it wasn't my fault.. you said it was..

Fact is I already had at least 3 on me.. never saw you till last sec as you were inverted above my 6 while I was trying to evade a hurricane while you were pulling into me for shot.. my message said you'd collided with me.. I didn't get the 'you have collided message'..  so goes to say it wasn't my fault.. expecially since I took no damage from it 8)

and ya for all those wondering.. I got the kill..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 07:55:54 PM by TheDudeDVant »

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 08:04:49 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
my message said you'd collided with me.. I didn't get the 'you have collided message'..  so goes to say it wasn't my fault.. expecially since I took no damage from it

Since the collision model is a no-fault system, your statement above is irrational.

When you collide, your PC PMs the collision message to the other PC.  The fact that Simiril's screenshot shows the white collision message shows you did, indeed, collide.  The collision was obviously minor vs. how Simiril's PC saw it, but the fact remains that you collided.  Since not every collision ends in catastrophic damage, I would wager you did take damage, but just didn't notice either because you were already shot up or it was to a non-critical item like a landing gear.

The fact you did not see the orange text just means you did not pay sufficient attention.  This speaks to your SA and may have something to do with why you collided in the first place.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »
lol  I ck'd my damage after I saw the text he had collided w/ me.. I had no damage.. but ya.. my sa sucks... and went on to land my kills.. and then next sortie landed more kills in a zeke.. but ya.. my sa sucks 8)

but the reason the collision took place was sim was more interested in ganging me and getting a kill than he was for his own hide.. pretty simple to me..

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 08:12:26 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
you shoulda switched to Geico ,,, you woulda save millions .

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1876311828589076349&q=geico+commercial&total=978&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=9
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
Since the collision model is a no-fault system, your statement above is irrational.

and what does this mean? no fault? If that were true wouldn't it mean no one would take damage? Like as in collisions turned off? It's my understanding if a plane dives on my 6 and collides with me it is their fault and they take the damage and I do not.. I get a 'xxxx has collided with you'...  xxx gets a 'you have collided'...

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 08:31:31 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
and what does this mean? no fault? If that were true wouldn't it mean no one would take damage? Like as in collisions turned off? It's my understanding if a plane dives on my 6 and collides with me it is their fault and they take the damage and I do not.. I get a 'xxxx has collided with you'...  xxx gets a 'you have collided'...
No, it doesn't work like that.  "Blame" is not assigned, hence my term "no-fault."  There simply is, or is not, a collision.

If your computer detects that your plane and an object (tree, hanger, or another airplane) occupy the same point in space at the same time, then you suffer a collision and the resulting damage.  It doesn't care whether you hit the object or the object jumps up and hits you.  It simply happened or didn't.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."