Author Topic: General Climate Discussion  (Read 82711 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Re: General Climate Discussion
« Reply #2025 on: August 31, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »
Research will hopefully be able to give you status green, yellow, or RED. As for your funding issues however, I don't really understand those....sounds like corruption? And corruption happens within both corporations and governments.
I live in a zone where if the hell breaks loose (nearby volcano) I have 4hours to evacuate.
Since this eruption only happens each 100 years or so, there is completely no profit margin for any company to spend money on it. However, being alert is an issue for the COUNTRY.
So, there is a lot of research and evac test-runs going on, since it's tic-toc-soon-time.
I do not regret seeing my tax money going on that....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #2026 on: August 31, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »

Wait a sec, isn't that same "scientist" now arguing that GW is a farce while big oil money lines his pockets?

hmmmmmmmmm

ever thought that the govenment funded "scientists" are the exact same as this guy? feeding rubbish to the population so we pay "green" tax's?

works both ways.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2027 on: September 01, 2008, 04:12:29 AM »
Well, aren't it those "funded" or even employed scientists that are having New Orleans evacuated right now?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2028 on: September 01, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »
Well, aren't it those "funded" or even employed scientists that are having New Orleans evacuated right now?

:rofl The crusaders and guardians  of the world.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2029 on: September 01, 2008, 09:43:35 AM »
angus...  so without government funding we would have no hurricane science or warning?

Isn't it government who made it possible for all those people to continue to be in the path of that hurricane in a place that is below sea level?   Won't government just fix the place up again on my dime when the hurricane destroys it so that people can live there and wait for the next hurricane?

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2030 on: September 01, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »
It wasn't the gov that plonked that city down there in the first place...it was completely free choice.
As for the warning, did you see any corporate warning? The gov. has warned and taken measure for something that seems to be petering out to storm strength. I guess that now you will state that less knowledge of the weather system is just the right thing. Sems to me that MORE is needed.
And, at last, there is another brewing, and heading for Carolina. More data.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2031 on: September 01, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »
As for the warning, did you see any corporate warning?

The evil oil companies did. They evacuated thier workers and told them to prepare for the storm.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2032 on: September 02, 2008, 04:10:37 AM »
That was...smart of them  :devil

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2033 on: September 02, 2008, 07:42:19 AM »
angus.. if the people didn't get bailed out they might just move and then we wouldn't care would we?   

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2034 on: September 02, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure that if you'd have been there you'd have locked yourself up inside with your guns  :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2035 on: September 02, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »
well... that is one that you would have probly gotten right.

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2036 on: September 04, 2008, 04:37:00 AM »
Well, luckily it wasn't all that a bad hurricane.
Up here we had some abnormalities this year, quite a storm in July (which I do not recall before) as well as a wild one now in August with windspeed up to 130 mph. That was rather bad. I'll try to post some pics later.
Luckily it didn't throw the family car over, but the Greenhouse went airborne and fresh turf started wrapping up! Even my air compressor was no the move.
I hate storms, so I guess I live in the wrong place  :eek:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2037 on: September 04, 2008, 09:09:59 AM »
sooo.. they were wrong?

lazs

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #2038 on: September 04, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »
Didn't this useless thread die already?  :huh

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2039 on: September 04, 2008, 10:14:26 AM »
darn no more sticky, and we were so close to an agreement...

:devil