Author Topic: Special treat for Boroda  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Special treat for Boroda
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:34:48 AM »
I thought this link would be appropriate for a Stalin fan and a Supporter of totalitarianism

http://www.mbl.is/mm/frettir/frett.html?nid=1299509

Note that the victims are Russians. Not fom Poland or Lithania.
And this is just the tip of the Iceberg.
Not sure what Stalin's total "score" was, but some claim him to have topped Hitler by far. Joseph Stinkowitch Stalin :furious
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 03:32:53 PM »
Originally posted by Angus
I thought this link would be appropriate for a Stalin fan and a Supporter of totalitarianism

http://www.mbl.is/mm/frettir/frett.html?nid=1299509

Note that the victims are Russians. Not fom Poland or Lithania.
And this is just the tip of the Iceberg.
Not sure what Stalin's total "score" was, but some claim him to have topped Hitler by far. Joseph Stinkowitch Stalin :furious

Less then 2000 Polish troops died being detained in USSR.

Good. Polish military ceremony with a tiny Ukrainian flag. What the aged woman said may be about Jews from Kiev shot by nazis. And she speaks Russian.

All the numbers of victims of Soviet regime are known now, they are not a secret. People saying about tens of millions victims just can't understand that if it's true - then there couldn't be anyone left here.

Number of people executed in USSR was not much different from so-called "civilized" countries at the same time, may be even smaller because we didn't have death penalty for large periods of time, especially in Stalin's time.

Again, in 1999 Russian Federation had more people in prisons and camps then USSR did in worst years of "purges". That's what so-called "democracy" is worth. People go to jail for years for stealing a hen because they didn't have anything to eat, while crooks who steal billions and starve millions of people are respected members of society.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 06:15:04 PM »
Katyn forest reveiled 4000 executed Polish officers. The claim from the Polish side was actually a lot more, like 15-20.000.
The remains were discovered near Smolensk,  the number is at 15.000 AFAIK.

Not during detainment...
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 06:40:01 PM »
Originally posted by Angus
Katyn forest reveiled 4000 executed Polish officers. The claim from the Polish side was actually a lot more, like 15-20.000.
The remains were discovered near Smolensk,  the number is at 15.000 AFAIK.

Not during detainment...

Not about Katyn' again please. Not the best argument. You said you'll post about Russians. You showed Poles and Ukrainians instead. It's exactly what I expected. What I heard in Russian in that clip makes me doubt if it's a funeral for Stalin's victims, looks like Jews killed by nazis. Ever heard of Babiy Yar?

You know, a month ago they demolished an old house here in Moscow and found remnants of about 60 people. Media immediately reported bullet holes there and said they were shot down by NKVD. Everyone heard in national news. A few days later there was a small report that that remnants are at least 300-400 years old. Mass-grave, probably from plague. See how this legends multiply.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 09:04:54 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Number of people executed in USSR was not much different from so-called "civilized" countries at the same time, may be even smaller because we didn't have death penalty for large periods of time, especially in Stalin's time.

[head scratch]Isn't this quote an oxymoron? We didn't have the death penalty so we executed fewer people?[/head scratch]
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 01:00:08 AM »
Popcorn.  Check.

Beer.  Check.

Carry on.

:D

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 01:14:45 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
Popcorn.  Check.

Beer.  Check.

Carry on.

:D
You forgot a NASA diaper. You don't want to miss a second of this oNe.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:21:41 AM »

You know, a month ago they demolished an old house here in Moscow and found remnants of about 60 people. Media immediately reported bullet holes there and said they were shot down by NKVD. Everyone heard in national news. A few days later there was a small report that that remnants are at least 300-400 years old. Mass-grave, probably from plague. See how this legends multiply.

I don't think those graves in Katyn forest are 300-400 years old plague victims.

And, we'd have to execute the entire state of California and New York to come close to the amount of Soviet citizens Stalin killed.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 01:22:39 AM »
nasa diaper check.  thanks for the heads up.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 01:25:37 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
I don't think those graves in Katyn forest are 300-400 years old plague victims.

And, we'd have to execute the entire state of California and New York to come close to the amount of Soviet citizens Stalin killed.

ack-ack

Yeah but Stalin was Georgian, not Russian.  Boroda wants Russian examples.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 02:57:45 AM »
NWhat I heard in Russian in that clip makes me doubt if it's a funeral for Stalin's victims, looks like Jews killed by nazis. Ever heard of Babiy Yar?

all what i saw , there was no rabin, no jewish flag on coffins. I saw catholic priest and pope. Where this jews come from to you?

As for bodies found in moscow, looks like people assume most common explanation, guess why ;)

So Pavel, have you seen 1612 movie? is any good?

Ack-Ack, US is not without guilt neither .......... ask native Americans ;-)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 03:25:34 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
all what i saw , there was no rabin, no jewish flag on coffins. I saw catholic priest and pope. Where this jews come from to you?

As for bodies found in moscow, looks like people assume most common explanation, guess why ;)

Sorry, didn't think about priests.

Anyway, too little can be seen in that clip, and I know pretty well how they "edit" materials about exUSSR. It's funny and scary to see History channel films when I hear Russian speech and see the subtitles.

Originally posted by ramzey
So Pavel, have you seen 1612 movie? is any good?

I have heard some reviews, people say that historically it's pure fiction, but it's spectacular and interesting to watch. People say that it's the first Russian film without asking "where the hell did director spend $12M!?" :D

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 03:33:34 AM »
I really shouldn't touch this one because my grandfather (born in Poland) never said one nice thing about the Russians.  I will try to keep an open mind here.  

There are several books on the subject between (I'm not even sure how to word it) the fighting on the Soviet-Polish border.  As far as who was more ruthless towards the Poles, I'll leave that for the historians.

http://ww2-aviation.net/polavhist/booksold.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=HtbmGAAACAAJ&dq=303+polish+squadron

I found the second book, A Question of Honor, to be the most interesting.  This book was written by two (2) Americans (not Poles).

Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 04:06:39 AM »
Dang, me bad, I said Russia and not USSR. OK. USSR. But...Lithuania was also "in" the USSR :D
BTW, estimated number of executions in the chamber of Vilnius is 1.000, exclusively in Stalin's time. Old Nikita changed the rules you see. But you still had the torture chambers.
So was USSR such in Stalin's time that non-Russian USSR citizens could be executed? Oh, not before the war...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge#Purge_of_the_army

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Special treat for Boroda
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 06:53:23 AM »
You guys completely miss one simple point.

Russians were the main victim of the regime, not Lithuanians, not Ukrainians, not poor Polish servicemen. OTOH without the sacrifice made by Russian people - the world could be quite different today.