Author Topic: Kill Stealing  (Read 3013 times)

Offline SINNER

• Zinc Member
Kill Stealing
« on: November 03, 2007, 12:46:54 PM »
First of all I want to say that I know that all but the best of Aces High Pilots occasionally steal a kill without meaning to. The night this following incident happened, I did it myself. Pieper and I were shooting at an LA and his tail came off. I thought I'd shot it off. I wasn't doing too well, and wasn't in the best of moods, so I followed him down, shooting him all the way.

After he was dead, and I had the kill, Pieper told me that he'd shot the tail off. Had I realized that before hand, I wouldn't have followed him down. So I don't criticize someone when that happens to me. I know it's confusing, especially in a furball where everyone's shooting the same guy.

By the same token, I've seen situations where someone calls out that some guy's dead, just because he's smoking. The "dead" guy then continues to shoot down a couple of your comrades, because everyone's too honorable to finish him off.

In this case however, it was blatant. I had shot the entire wing off an F4u and was watching him spiral down. I noticed Jones84 heading for him and called out on the range channel to leave him alone. Tracers then streak from Jones plane to the crippled f4u. This wasn't a guy trying to make it home on half a wing, he was out of control. I called out again. More tracers. Jones stayed on him so aggressively that he collided and died.

BigBobCH saw the whole thing, from a closer vantage point than mine. I got the assist, and Jones evidently got the kill. No one else shot the f4u that I'm aware of, and he was all in one piece when we started, as you'll see in this film.

Later, Jones first tried to say that he just collided with him. He made the lame statement that he'd been flying with 3 kills to his credit, and why would he want to die? Well, indeed, why turn around, chase and collide with a crippled enemy if you're holding 3 kills etc?

When Bob and I both confronted him on the radio about seeing his tracers, he eventually, after several more denials apologized, saying he'd only been flying for 2 days. Flying around with 3 kills is pretty good for only 2 days flying, but what do I know?

If you watch the film (edited for only the part in question) with "use recorded views" you'll see what I was seeing when I yelled at him. You can't see the F4u's wing come off, because the default back view with the hood blocking everything shows up in the film. If you pause and move the view around, you'll see it.

Just wanted to post this to shame the guy, because he wouldn't admit he did it.

By the way, I threw this webpage together just to post this, and you have to change the extension when you right click the file to download. It will show up as JonesSteal.htm, just download it and change it to JonesSteal.ahf and you can watch the film.

Thanks for taking up for me Bob, I appreciate it. Here's the link:

http://sinner.clearwire.net

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:57:30 PM »
INteresting. See rules #4, #5 and #9
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 01:04:07 PM »
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 01:04:29 PM »
1st, it certainly can be frustrating when you have a kill "stolen"....

However the simple reality is it doesnt really matter. If you've done enough damage then regardless of what someone else does you 'll get the kill. Further for everytime someone "steals" a kill you have the reverse where you put a few rounds in a guy and 5 min later someone else starts whinning that they "lit up" an apparently undamaged plane and only got an assist....right as you of course got a kill out of "nowhere"...

In the end it all evens out...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 01:21:46 PM »
I say if it's on fire, let it burn (unless it's a zeke or it's trying to kill a friendly). If it's wing is gone, tail is gone, or plane in pieces let it go. Planes with half a wing are option (depending if they tryed to BnZ, HO, or Ram me :) )

Sometimes it is hard to tell if a plane is "dead" or not, such as it's rudder is gone it will still fly straight for a bit and others think he's still alive, but you know his rudder is gone (you saw it fly by you). Another one is when their elevators fall off. From far away you don't see that he's falling so you dive in to kill them only to notice their tail is gone at the last few seconds (I should know I almost shot a la this way. Luckily someone told me early enough that he was dead).

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 02:11:22 PM »
Are you saying that if their missing a rudder to let them go?  People can still fly without rudders and kill.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding you lol:aok

For me, break off if they're

burning (and not chasing a friendly/rushing to a friendly to get one last kill)
burning buff (unless about to drop ords)
critical damage (ie missing tail, wing, etc)

otherwise fair kill, especially if they're in on a squaddie.  

donkey
2sBlind

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 02:13:32 PM »
Kill stealing is an art form.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Kill Stealing
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 02:18:43 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Kill stealing is an art form.

so iz yo momma
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Kill Stealing
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 02:19:04 PM »
Originally posted by SINNER
First of all I want to say that I know that all but the best of Aces High Pilots occasionally steal a kill without meaning to. The night this following incident happened, I did it myself. Pieper and I were shooting at an LA and his tail came off. I thought I'd shot it off. I wasn't doing too well, and wasn't in the best of moods, so I followed him down, shooting him all the way.

After he was dead, and I had the kill, Pieper told me that he'd shot the tail off. Had I realized that before hand, I wouldn't have followed him down. So I don't criticize someone when that happens to me. I know it's confusing, especially in a furball where everyone's shooting the same guy.

By the same token, I've seen situations where someone calls out that some guy's dead, just because he's smoking. The "dead" guy then continues to shoot down a couple of your comrades, because everyone's too honorable to finish him off.

In this case however, it was blatant. I had shot the entire wing off an F4u and was watching him spiral down. I noticed Jones84 heading for him and called out on the range channel to leave him alone. Tracers then streak from Jones plane to the crippled f4u. This wasn't a guy trying to make it home on half a wing, he was out of control. I called out again. More tracers. Jones stayed on him so aggressively that he collided and died.

BigBobCH saw the whole thing, from a closer vantage point than mine. I got the assist, and Jones evidently got the kill. No one else shot the f4u that I'm aware of, and he was all in one piece when we started, as you'll see in this film.

Later, Jones first tried to say that he just collided with him. He made the lame statement that he'd been flying with 3 kills to his credit, and why would he want to die? Well, indeed, why turn around, chase and collide with a crippled enemy if you're holding 3 kills etc?

When Bob and I both confronted him on the radio about seeing his tracers, he eventually, after several more denials apologized, saying he'd only been flying for 2 days. Flying around with 3 kills is pretty good for only 2 days flying, but what do I know?

If you watch the film (edited for only the part in question) with "use recorded views" you'll see what I was seeing when I yelled at him. You can't see the F4u's wing come off, because the default back view with the hood blocking everything shows up in the film. If you pause and move the view around, you'll see it.

Just wanted to post this to shame the guy, because he wouldn't admit he did it.

By the way, I threw this webpage together just to post this, and you have to change the extension when you right click the file to download. It will show up as JonesSteal.htm, just download it and change it to JonesSteal.ahf and you can watch the film.

Thanks for taking up for me Bob, I appreciate it. Here's the link:

http://sinner.clearwire.net

i actually did it twice last night....both times not realizing that someone else had already pretty much finished the guy off...........
 i've had it done to me NUMEROUS times, where i see the guys wing or tail come off, and i call on local VOX...."zeke is down" or whatever plane it is.....and some schmuck SEEING the wing off follows the guy to the ground shooting him. i even had a couple squadies do it to me. one was right after he was callin for help........i called "you're clear" when the bogie broke off, he extended.....by the time he came back, the hurri was mising his tail, and my own squaddie followed this guy to the ground shooting him........and HE got the kill........but o well, the fun is in knowing that I killled him....:D :D

after all,, this is just a game with cartoon airplanes
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 04:06:05 PM »
yep just a game, I don't think kill stealing is anything to get fired up about. Especially if a noob who doesn't know anybetter.  If you need a kill that badly, you can try and take mine, I don't mind.  That goes for both of ya.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 04:24:21 PM »
Is it possible to kill steal your own kill?

donkey
2sBlind

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »
Always try to steal pipers killz.  Makes for hours of entertainment :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 05:45:37 PM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
INteresting. See rules #4, #5 and #9

INteresting indeed....see rule #6 :D
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 06:02:58 PM »
Kermitz kills all r belong to meh!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Kill Stealing
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »
Nothing PO's me like kill stealing.

Don't care about the HO
Don't care about the pick
Don't care about the vulch
Don't care about the spies

Do care about kill stealing.  One of the weakest low-life skilless things you can do.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.