Author Topic: How does one get a kill every 2.25 minutes?  (Read 8478 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
How does one get a kill every 2.25 minutes?
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »
Ya know Warlock -- Dont have to account for transit time if you only do CV -->base attacks and safe base defenses.

Only time I've run into them recently was exactly that, a squad horde vulching a base from a carrier just offshore. I'll spare the details, but I saw 3-4 kills inside 3 minutes -- and a definite dearth of ACM ideas when I saddled and tracked the poor fellow.

But, its their $15. And (as happens with others in the AH world) people can delude themselves into thinking that they are better than they really are, based on reasons convincing only to themselves. No skin off my back either way.

But the time logged is truly impressive. Used to be competition for the Pasty Face Award, but that appears to be a distinction no one else can reasonably expect to claim. For crying out loud, SCHOOL'S in session!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: How does one get a kill every 2.25 minutes?
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2007, 07:14:11 PM »
nm
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2007, 07:21:15 PM »
Originally posted by Pawz
There whole squad games the game. I think they have 4 or 5 squadies ranked within the top 10 and I have never been killed by any of these score potatos. Pathetic gamers!

I fly with that squad when my own squad isn't on and i have never seen anything to support this.  I'd be the first one to decry such action.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Re: How does one get a kill every 2.25 minutes?
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2007, 07:34:47 PM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL
Base defense would never amount to this high of kill/hour because he would be on the deck low and probly wouldnt last very long.
I dunno.  My one (yes, exactly one) fighter sortie in tour 92 allowed me to bag 3 airplanes in 6 minutes, 38 seconds.  IIRC it was in a 109K4 getting up to about 10K to try to kill two boxes of buffs.  Got 2 in one box and a third in the second box before being blown to smithereens (as most of my sorties end).

So, that got me a K/H of 27+ and an obnoxious hit percentage of 42%.

Does that not qualify as a "base defense"?

I have no idea how he is getting his K/H as high as he is, but it seems to me there are a lot of ways to get there without it being something underhanded.  There seem to be a lot of accusations and precious little evidence in this thread.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2007, 07:36:45 PM »
Originally posted by clerick
I fly with that squad when my own squad isn't on and i have never seen anything to support this.  I'd be the first one to decry such action.

Please ... do you think for 1 second that they will pull their shannagins in pubic ? ... so that someone could actually witness/film it and decry such action ... I think not.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: How does one get a kill every 2.25 minutes?
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 07:45:29 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
I dunno.  My one (yes, exactly one) fighter sortie in tour 92 allowed me to bag 3 airplanes in 6 minutes, 38 seconds.  IIRC it was in a 109K4 getting up to about 10K to try to kill two boxes of buffs.  Got 2 in one box and a third in the second box before being blown to smithereens (as most of my sorties end).

So, that got me a K/H of 27+ and an obnoxious hit percentage of 42%.

Does that not qualify as a "base defense"?

I have no idea how he is getting his K/H as high as he is, but it seems to me there are a lot of ways to get there without it being something underhanded.  There seem to be a lot of accusations and precious little evidence in this thread.

Yes ... you can explain it with some weird kills in a very short time frame ... but over a 55 hour time frame ... in the MA ... I don't think so.

I have played and fought against the best this game has/had to offer ... Leviathn, Drex, Furball, Stang, Fester, Fariz, AHGOD, Urchin, NathBDP, Mathman, iceMAW, and many more that forgot more about dogfighting/killing than these 2 combined could ever learn in a lifetime of playing this game ... and over 55 hours of their game time, playing naturally ... they could never achieve those types of numbers.

These 2 are a joke ... nothing more ... and maybe a lot less.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »
Originally posted by 1Boner
Originally posted by eskimo2  

"It is very possible to get kills in the 20-30 per hour range without cheating though.  I used to do get over 20 per hour on occasional tours that leaned heavier on vulching."

Occasional?

Yes.

Every day?

Every Tour?

No! [/B]

I stopped playing over two years ago and flew mostly in the CT.  The CT was much slower paced and harder to find enemy in so I flew in the MA at times as well.  I just searched through my last MA tours and found that I ended the following tours with a KPH of over 20 for either fighter or attack: 50, 53, 56, 59 & 60.

I really thrived on fast pace and did a lot of attack from CVs and fleet defense as well.  I also would never climb past 10,000 feet; most of my time was under 5,000.

Some keys to high KPH are:
Base defense when not overwhelmed.
Attack and defense from CVs close to bases.
Vulching.
Not RTBing.
Not gaining alt.
Recognizing a fast paced fight.

Considering that there are/were bunches of guys who are/were much better than I, I find it easy to comprehend killing a plane every 2 minutes.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 07:57:05 PM »
AXER and DEXTUR are horrible pilots.  (edited for fairness: maybe they are just "poor" or "bad" as opposed to horrible)

There is one, and ONLY ONE way for them to get these kinds of #'s.

Not speculation.

Not a "guess".

That is a FACT.

Neither of them have the skill to get numbers any where close to that w/o vulching another account.

I have been in multiple furballs with these two.  Neither get that many kills, and they both die easy.  

I brought this to SHAWK's attention the other day, and he seemed "ok" with it.

I was very let down by SHAWK's lassie fair attitude towards those two.  He seemed perfectly willing to turn a "blind eye" (at least I hope it's blind) towards what those two are doing.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 07:59:55 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute

I was very let down by SHAWK's lassie fair attitude towards those two.  He seemed perfectly willing to turn a "blind eye" (at least I hope it's blind) towards what those two are doing.

Because he's just as guilty of doing the same thing as these two squeakers.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »
Yeah I dont think Axer and his squad have a monopoly on this kind of play or suckage either one.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007, 10:17:35 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Please ... do you think for 1 second that they will pull their shannagins in pubic ? ... so that someone could actually witness/film it and decry such action ... I think not.

In this instance i wasn't referring to the allegations against AXER and DEXTUR but was defending the actions i have personally seen of the squad as a whole.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2007, 11:11:50 PM »
Wanna know how to get even :D ... tee hee
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 11:13:28 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
Wanna know how to get even :D ... tee hee

support@hitechcreations.com ?
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2007, 11:21:36 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute

like I said, they are in the right squad now.
FWIW I flew w/ shawk for a long time and never saw him appear to vulch a second account.  I wouldn't expect him to care if others do it though.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2007, 11:43:36 PM »
Shawk might be the rank queen, but I know for a fact he never has vulched a second account.  I'd go to bat for him any day.  Axer and Dextur though... rofl.