Author Topic: It takes a Frenchman to see the greatness in the USA  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
It takes a Frenchman to see the greatness in the USA
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 12:14:40 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
It was a nice press conferance. Nice to see a French president that swallows his national pride and gives respect when due. Chirac wanted to make America understand that France was a powerfull nation by a rather systematic "over my dead body" approach. Granteed on many subjects he was actually right, one doesn't have to be in someone's way to gain respect. It's also true that one doesn't have to be a puppy to gain respect either. time will tell where Sarkozy stands, and how America will treat France.

Quite a disparity in the speacking abilities between Sarkozy's enounciation and timed sentence rythm, and Bush's hesitant schoolyard talk.

Dago, not trying to be provocative, but I met quite a number of Americans that bark that they are the greatest, but yet fail to understand why ... and even fail to live by the principles that created such a great nation. i think that's what the title of the thread means.

Oh please, Chirac was all about greed, he would sell atomic weapons to Iran to make money.  He was an ungrateful, unethical jerk who should have been shot.

We are the greatest, and we don't need to justify to you or any other person as to why.  We don't need to live up to some false standard of principals that others wish to browbeat us into thinking we must follow.  We need to do what is necessary for our survival, protection and prosperity.  We sure as hell will never be able to count on France to help us in any manner.   After all, France is only there for us when France needs us.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »
Dago
:aok

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
Oh, by the way, this thread should have been titled "At least one Frenchman pulled his head out of his ass".
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 08:59:14 PM »
Ha!.
"The men and women of my generation heard their parents talk about how in 1944, America returned to free Europe from the horrifying tyranny that threatened to enslave it."
I wonder what he ment by it,Nazi germany or Ussr.
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 09:01:50 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
We are the greatest, and we don't need to justify to you or any other person as to why. . [/B]

You sure do sound like Hitler.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 09:30:25 PM »
Originally posted by KgB
You sure do sound like Hitler.

Why don't you expand on that a little?  IF it isn't too hard a challenge, explain why an American being proud of his country and firm in his believe that he doesn't have to pander to Europeans would be comparable to Hitler?

Or are you only good for ill thought out sound bites?

Offline _Ro_

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 09:34:13 PM »
Yep great stuff from the French Pres.

His blood is 100% Hungarian, prolly why he'll be a good Pres and partner with the US

I also think the French policies abroad will be tougher in line with ours own.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 03:31:55 AM »
Why don't you expand on that a little?  IF it isn't too hard a challenge, explain why an American being proud of his country and firm in his believe that he doesn't have to pander to Europeans would be comparable to Hitler?

Or are you only good for ill thought out sound bites?

Be proud all you want.
France didnt buy that "Iraqi freedom" crap,so you and people like you
were the first ones to call Frace a "coward".The point is that USA's current diplomacy is very simple,you just say-"we gonna do it,and we gonna do it our way".Thers no need to pander to Europeans,but to listen to what they have to say would be a great start.I bet after one and half trillion dollars you still dont know what the hell you doing in Iraq.
Thers a battle in parlament,instead of working things out,they( D and R)
throwing feces at each other.
No,USA is not the greatest,USA is devided more than ever.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 04:29:16 AM »
Originally posted by KgB
Be proud all you want.
France didnt buy that "Iraqi freedom" crap,so you and people like you
were the first ones to call Frace a "coward".The point is that USA's current diplomacy is very simple,you just say-"we gonna do it,and we gonna do it our way".Thers no need to pander to Europeans,but to listen to what they have to say would be a great start.I bet after one and half trillion dollars you still dont know what the hell you doing in Iraq.
Thers a battle in parlament,instead of working things out,they( D and R)
throwing feces at each other.
No,USA is not the greatest,USA is devided more than ever.

Oh please, you can't be serious?  Frances national cowardice is well documented, and not just in regard to Iraq.  It wasn't some moral high ground that kept them out of Iraq, it was Chiracs financial dealings with Saddam Hussein and Chiracs promises to protect him that was at the heart of their failure to support the UN, and the USA, the nation that twice had to step up and sacrifice it's sons on foreign shores to save the French.

Would you happen to remember Frances refusal to let American F111's overflight when they were on a mission to bomb Libya?  The US strikes did what was necessary to stop Libya from continuing on an accelerating course of terrorism, no thanks to the national cowardice of France.

Do some reading, you might start to learn, if you are not afraid to learn that is.

As far as "listening" to Eurotards, get real.  Europe is being taken over slowly by Muslims, and I fear the future for free and liberal countries in Europe is bleak.  In their desire to act all sensitive, liberal and accepting, they are being destroyed internally.  How is that working out for Denmark?  (hint: poorly)

No, Europe in a smaller way than France loves to act all superior trying to pretend they are still in power and have the prestige of years past, while instead they are nowhere near the position in world affairs they once were.  If in trouble, some nations will once again come begging to the US to save them.  I hope when that day comes we tell them to stick it up their collective asses.   Numerous countries in Europe have stood with us either in Afghanistan or Iraq, and that is both noted and appreciated, but France only focused on their greedy slimey agenda.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 07:01:43 AM »
Dago, you really overplay the 'ugly American' routine.  It isn't neccessary to hammer home to the rest of us, how powerful Americans are, how free you are and how often you saved our asses. Everyone knows already. Please!

Pride in your country is one thing, arrogance is quite something else. It is ironic that the two peoples most accused of arrogance are Americans and the French. There is no need for it.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 08:25:12 AM »
Prolly why Dago can't help but rimshot the froggies like that.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 09:19:59 AM »
Originally posted by cpxxx
Dago, you really overplay the 'ugly American' routine.  It isn't neccessary to hammer home to the rest of us, how powerful Americans are, how free you are and how often you saved our asses. Everyone knows already. Please!

Pride in your country is one thing, arrogance is quite something else. It is ironic that the two peoples most accused of arrogance are Americans and the French. There is no need for it.

I wish I could agree with you, really.  But to listenening to others bash the USA constantly has worn down my patience and tolerance over the last few years.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 09:38:24 AM »
Post 10 examples of US bashing  threads started a French poster and I'll believe you.

(no time limit you can start in 1999)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 10:06:10 AM »
I wish I could agree with you, really.  But to listenening to others bash the USA constantly has worn down my patience and tolerance over the last few years.

man up.  patience isn't easy.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 10:11:39 AM »
At least he hasn't prostituted his son's war merits in this thread. I have yet to  see a single "USA bashing" thread in this forum, and would welcome someone pointing one out to me. Anyone? Dago?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:14:59 AM by Viking »