Author Topic: Is Bush ok?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 04:51:28 PM »
Oh it's "plain," ok. Except on the point whether you're claiming:

1: There is a program and 135,000 troops in Iraq ain't enough to shut it down.

2: There's obviously not a program because the 135,000 troops in Iraq has intimidated Iran.

3: Invasion on suspician doesn't require proof. We don't need no steenkin' badges.

Which words am I supposed to avoid putting in your mouth? :D

Offline Cypher

• Copper Member
Re: Is Bush ok?
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 04:56:04 PM »
Originally posted by Tigeress
The CIA and 15 other spy agencies of the US concluded that 4 years ago; Iran stopped their Nuclear Weapons program.

Bush apparently refused to accept that fact of four years ago and instead continues projecting a WWIII with Iran to this day.

With no WMD ever found in Iraq and now this... Bush is busted for good, it seems.

What is going on here? :confused:

U.S. Says Iran Ended Atomic Arms Work  --> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/03/world/middleeast/03cnd-iran.html?'_r=2&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

"The conclusions of the new assessment are likely to reshape the final year of the Bush administration, which has made halting Iran’s nuclear program a cornerstone of its foreign policy."

TIGERESS

you are aware that he only saw this assesment last week right? assuming you made sure that fact then this is satire right? You wouldn't let your hatred of bush cloud your perception of reality right?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 04:57:51 PM »
oh my, its that dumb little old Bushes fault, again.  

The only thing this story does is reaffirm my increasing distrust of our combined intelligence community.

In fact, when I first heard this story I thought of insider politics at work rather than meaningful national intelligence coming to meaningful conclusions.  

We shall see, as we always do.

Yeah, Bush is a dolt but so are the people that blame him for every perceived ill in government, bunch of losers.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
What event has convinced you, in spite of actual evidence, that it's reopened? Hmmmmmmmm ...... ;)

Invade all suspicious nations. :aok

Where have have I said it has reopened,or invade Iran?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:03:55 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Where have have I said it has reopened?

Where have you answered you believe otherwise? I asked a question. Much like you did. You've not really put much effort in providing clarity. Why the defensiveness? ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:13:49 PM by Arlo »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
Where have you answered you believe otherwise? You can just answer a question with a specific answer .... without all the dance and pee, yaknow. :D :aok

I don't know what should be done with Iran.

You knew exactly what I was bringing up. You just wanted to start a pissin contest. You could have just stated you thought that wasn't the reason Iran shut it down.  But hey you like the dramatic.:aok
See Rule #4

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 05:20:37 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
I don't know what should be done with Iran.

You knew exactly what I was bringing up.

That you don't know? I was actually giving you more credit. I wasn't sure which way you were headed but I was convinced it was somewhere.

No pissin' contest, B. Just some questions you weren't ready for. I even toned it down just in case it distracted you more (unfortunately not in time - I get called away from the screen a lot). ;)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
I get called away from the screen a lot). ;)

arlo...ARLO...i told you to take the garbage out......NOW!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 05:24:31 PM »
HHHMMM the assessment says the nuke weapon program was halted or frozen. It doesn't say it was dismantled or done away with. At the same time that this assessment comes out is confirmation that iraq is still refining uranium.

Does the assessment say how long it would take to develop a weapon using the already and continuing refined uranium if the program is unfrozen?

Any information as to whether or not they have been successful in obtaining a weapon from other sources?

I have to agree that until the facilities and uranium to make a weapon are gone, a threat of making one still exists. It's kind of like Chamberlains little paper and peace in our time. Problem is, how long is "our time" going to last?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 05:28:24 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
arlo...ARLO...i told you to take the garbage out......NOW!

If only it was something so simple and mundane. I appreciate you using your best indepth perspective to understand, though. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 05:37:13 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
HHHMMM the assessment says the nuke weapon program was halted or frozen. It doesn't say it was dismantled or done away with. At the same time that this assessment comes out is confirmation that iraq is still refining uranium.

Does the assessment say how long it would take to develop a weapon using the already and continuing refined uranium if the program is unfrozen?

Any information as to whether or not they have been successful in obtaining a weapon from other sources?

I have to agree that until the facilities and uranium to make a weapon are gone, a threat of making one still exists. It's kind of like Chamberlains little paper and peace in our time. Problem is, how long is "our time" going to last?

If all of that doesn't sound eerily familiar and like the potential for making a mess worse without careful consideration and accurate data to you, then I'm still not seein' any practical justification for doing otherwise. The "threat" exists all over the world. The excuse only exists in specific locations. And the U.S. staying it's present course and habit is a fanatical terrorist's wet dream.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »
Originally posted by Tango
What do the Israelis have to say about it?

I saw the Ambassador to the UN from Israel , on the news this morning , he didn't have anything good to say about the current NIE.

If I were in thier shoes , I probably wouldn't either.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 05:43:54 PM »
Arlo,

I realize you think you conveyed something there but you really didn't. If you have some point to make please make it clearly. I'm not going to waste time speculating on whatever thought you might have had at that time.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 05:51:59 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Arlo,

I realize you think you conveyed something there but you really didn't. If you have some point to make please make it clearly. I'm not going to waste time speculating on whatever thought you might have had at that time.

Other than the above, eh? Not like you covered much other than justifying fear and loathing in the M.E., yerownself. I gotcha. Well you just don't think on that, then. ;)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Is Bush ok?
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 06:00:32 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
You ever gonna come up for air?

I think he can breath sand:D