Author Topic: Barack Obama  (Read 1435 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
the president can only ask for the money, congress must appropriate the money.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2007, 12:51:30 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

What.... somebody who knows the Constitution?:O
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2007, 01:01:10 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

Guess who ran the Congress the last 6 years john... Bush asked and the Republican controlled congress gave him everything he asked for.

The congress doesn't just pull a bunch of money out of their bellybutton and say here you go Mr President. Then ask if he wants more. The President asks for the money and it's up to the congress to decide if they can give it to him.

Under the Republican controlled congress they left the bank vault wide open and gave Bush anything he asked for.

But I know it's somehow the Dem's fault just like everything else..
"strafing"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2007, 02:13:34 PM »
Conservatives: "It's the Dems fault for not having enough votes to decline the request!"

American politics in a nutshell: Who cares if something gets done as long as we can blame the other Party for when it blows up in our collective faces?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 02:20:15 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
Conservatives: "It's the Dems fault for not having enough votes to decline the request!"

American politics in a nutshell: Who cares if something gets done as long as we can blame the other Party for when it blows up in our collective faces?

That's pretty much the size of it and the worst part is the stupid sheep in this country by into it.
"strafing"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2007, 02:43:09 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
What.... somebody who knows the Constitution?:O

Knows that much, anyhoo. Which is more than our POTUS seems to know about the document he pretends to defend and uphold. :D

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 02:45:46 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
That's pretty much the size of it and the worst part is the stupid sheep in this country by into it.

But you do know that the constitution says congress has the power to tax spend and borrow... right?

I don't give a Demo controlled congress a pass either.  The last congress to balance the budget was controlled by Repubs*, and the Demos last did it almost 50 years ago.

Vote out all encumbants until we have a responsive government.

*remember somebody named Gingrich?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:52:17 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007, 02:50:34 PM »
Originally posted by Tango
A good economy helps increase the living standard.

Probably why the ONLY issue that you liberals .... blah blah ... more presumption .... grunt .... sqwawk ....

I'm not a lib, Presumptuous T. ;)

A good "economy" does not a living standard make when the powers that be only look at the profit and the American worker be damned. At this point I really have to ask you if you're filthy rich and more concerned about a tax shelter than the erosion of the M.C. or if you're just habitually singing agenda mantra out of denial, in spite of your being one of the sacrificial sheep your masters cheer on for singing their praises.

:aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
to the left, it is nothing but a popularity contest .. no spine needed

Ahhh ... no different from the right except replace "spine" with "mind." :aok

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »
But you do know that the constitution says congress has the power to tax spend and borrow... right?

I don't give a Demo controlled congress a pass either.  The last congress to balance the budget was controlled by Repubs*, and the Demos last did it almost 50 years ago.

Vote out all encumbants until we have a responsive government.

*remember somebody named Gingrich?

Did you read the link I posted in this topic? Did you read the articles ? It's a freaking time line of news articles of the battle of the budget under Bill Clinton's presidency. Oh wait, I forgot it's CNN.. the anti christs newsletter, so I guess you didn't read it.

The reason there was a "battle" was because Bill Clinton wanted a tough budget and wanted to cut spending. He got what he wanted because he had a backbone and didn't bend over to the Republican controlled congress threats.

The end of the day the Republican controlled congress gave Bill Clinton the budget he wanted. lol so say it was all thanks to Neut if you want but anyone whom can read history and has a brain can figure out the truth.

Oh yea and I do remember Neut Gingrich.. the so called Republican Conservative that loves to preach about what every one else should do..Meanwhile he's popping illegal prescription drugs and banging hookers.

The only thing he didn't get caught doing was having gay sex in the men's bathroom but give it time I'm sure he'll catch up to his Republican peers.  :rofl
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:10:47 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 03:09:36 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Ahhh ... no different from the right except replace "spine" with "mind." :aok

Isn't that the truth.. :lol
"strafing"

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2007, 03:19:22 PM »
Is he good for the country?  Read this and decide yourself....in fact apply this to any of the candidates.  Barber was on to something....

http://people.brandeis.edu/~woll/barberpp_files/frame.htm

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2007, 03:25:12 PM »

Oh yea and I do remember Neut Gingrich.. the so called Republican Conservative that loves to preach about what every one else should do..Meanwhile he's popping illegal prescription drugs and banging hookers.

The only thing he didn't get caught doing was having gay sex in the men's bathroom but give it time I'm sure he'll catch up to his Republican peers.  :rofl

Ahh... so you don't care about the budget after all.  You just care about bashing Republicans.

Here's a link for you...

What is that called when you don't discuss the topic you just attack?  Like somebody praising the advanced poilitical theories of Thomas Jefferson and then his debate opponent scores rebuttal points by pointing out that Jefferson was a slaveholder so nothing he ever did was noteworthy?

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »
Ahh... so you don't care about the budget after all.  You just care about bashing Republicans.

Here's a link for you...

What is that called when you don't discuss the topic you just attack?  Like somebody praising the advanced poilitical theories of Thomas Jefferson and then his debate opponent scores rebuttal points by pointing out that Jefferson was a slaveholder so nothing he ever did was noteworthy?

You post something written by a Republican congressmen that is somehow supposed to be proof that Neut and the Republicans did it all? The guy does nothing but attack Clinton and that's somehow supposed to prove something?

btw you asked if I remembered Neut.. so I simply told you I did.. You just don't like what I brought up about him.
:D
"strafing"

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Barack Obama
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2007, 04:01:32 PM »
You post something written by a Republican congressmen that is somehow supposed to be proof that Neut and the Republicans did it all?

I'm sorry, I should have realized that in your world all Republicans are liars and all Democrats are saints:

Here's a NYT piece from the mid nineties.

Its blind partisanship that is much of the problem with politics in this country, and your attitude illustrates it well.

Kick out all encumbants, regardless of party, until we have a responsive government.