Author Topic: RANK Whats that?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »
Originally posted by raider73
E25 work for it? you can take JU87 to City and bomb it once every other week for tour and have bomber rank of like 4. No work in that, and thats a good idea vanscrew.
You have managed to completely miss the point, but for some reason I am not surprised.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 06:41:08 PM »
I never said remove score all together, just the public aspect of it. That way the game can still tell who is higher rank for taking control of a CV. People can still see there -own- score to work at different goals, such as a 2 K\D Ratio. And people aren't worried about having a #1 beside there name for everyone to see.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 07:02:33 PM »
O I get you now. Good idea

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »
WW2OL has the rank system like you mentioned. Overall it sucks pretty bad. The ones with rank pretty much decide what gets attacked or defended whether others agree with it or not.

Thats one reason I quit WW2OL by itself
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 07:13:48 PM »
well thats stupid they command you, i would of quit to. I just mean to have it like that instead of #'s.

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 07:14:27 PM »
that's Dustin for ya, full of brilliant, bright ideas.  It would be nice if rank did not play into what people play for.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
Thats another thing,we shuold be able to boot someone out of the SB or mangun and take it over.
Why?   How will they learn?   Don't give me the "They can in the TA!" answer, because it isn't the same in this case.

Rank is an ego filler for most.    Folks like SHawk, SR, Stang, Killn, and other vets who maintain a "low rank" routinely, usually shelve the ego (SR's ball busting doesn't apply).
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 07:32:18 PM »
Originally posted by raider73
well thats stupid they command you, i would of quit to. I just mean to have it like that instead of #'s.

About all it was most of the time was "Attack order has been issued for *insert town*. The ones ranked general had the say-so to what town they wanted us to attack, most were usually poor choices

For example, we had control of a town that could of been easily captured. If an attack order wasnt issued, we cannot capture it. A timer starts with an attack order and when that timer is up, then the "radios" appear. You have to guard that radio for 3 minutes (??) in order to capture that particular checkpoint. If you die or move, the timer resets to 0.

Or there was MANY a time where we had complete control on a town and close to capturing it. All of a sudden, the generals decide they dont want the town and the attack order is pulled. All of a sudden, those same "radios" dissapear and you cant do a single thing about it.  If you complain, the answer you get is more or less "Too bad, if you dont like it then go Axis" (we were on the allied side).

99% of the player base had no sayso whatsoever on what they wanted to capture, just the 1% that had the control pretty much raun the game their way (and thats why the allies lost the war 80% of the time.

Towards the end out of frustration and boredom, I would spawn a unit and purposely ditch/destroy/crash it just to spite them.  (you only have *X* number of units at that particular base. If you wreck all of them yourself, there wont be anymore until someone brings it from the neighboring town or it self-resupplies, maybe 20-30 minutes.

I liked to land planes on buildings then taxi them off into the ground, totally wrecking the plane.

Or take a truck or tank and seeing how far I can get by climbing up objects or inside of buildings (if I ditch it, its gone until its resupplied again)

I was a funkiller in WW2OL also :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 07:34:20 PM by Meatwad »
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 07:36:17 PM »
Well that game sound good if you were in control but other then that i'd hate it.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »
The only good part about the game I liked was the 88mm AA/AT Flak that the germans had.

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »
Nice we need some of those.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »
Id like it, but it would probabally have a perk value to it plus the addition it would have to be towed by an M3. It would require new coding for all of it. I very much doubt we would see it in game. If we do, it probabally wont be for at least 2 years

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 07:53:55 PM »
I'd say 2 weeks :p but yeah definetly perked couldn't 88mm kill tanks as well?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:08:03 PM by raider73 »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 08:15:20 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
I was a funkiller in WW2OL also :)
We need to do this again.   You know what I'm talking about too.  :cool:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 08:25:06 PM »
Quote on VOX.....

Who killed the $@($^@ FH's?!?!

Me = :D