Author Topic: RANK Whats that?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« on: December 23, 2007, 09:04:07 AM »
You know how we have different tours and such. Would if instead of # rank we started at Private and gained rank normally, but like some people get the rank of 4 in a day, would if it took more then 1 day and took all tour to gain rank. I know I should of probably searched but was to lazy to. I was just thinking about that idea, I think it sounds cool.

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 09:16:20 AM »
raider,

I don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

Yea, the current rank system has its problems, but I really can't think of a better way to do it.  Coupled with the fact that rank has very limited benefits, i.e. you get to steer the carrier, it would not be worth the trouble to change.

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:18:32 AM »
True but I don't know I would rather see real ranks, like PFC, PVT, SGT, LT, COL, and GEN. But this is probably a dream, if it were on the list of things to do for HTC it would be very far down.

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 10:20:48 AM »
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 10:26:11 AM »
Rank is just a way to tell who gets control of the cv, nothing else. To me, and alot of other people on here, rank is meaningless and we don't really care for it.

As for your request for ranks such as PVT, and SGT, etc etc, I believe that's how HT is going to use ranks when/if CT comes out. Not sure on that though.

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 10:30:02 AM »
I hope so, if it ever comes out. BUt yeah thanks wes . Another thing that would be good if they got rid of what ever goes up when you bomb a factory. I think hit percentage not sure. But that'll never happen, and your right latrobe I don't care about rank but i would just like to see it in a different form. If CT ever comes out I hope its like that.

~Pacman

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 01:25:23 PM »
Lame,waste of time.

No one will like it.And to add their is a limit of ranks you can have is a general.And people with higher ranking could boss other people around.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 01:35:20 PM »
True but I just hate the #'s rank.:noid

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 01:41:11 PM »
Originally posted by raider73
True but I just hate the #'s rank.:noid

Because you cant get your low?

And besides.
2weeks till CT and they have proper ranks like you want.
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 01:49:54 PM »
Honestly I would rather see the public score removed from the game all together. Let people look at there own score privately and they can post it on the forums if they want to show off and look like a score-potato then. The only thing the score system does is encourage people to score-potato... It might even get rid of some of the HOers and runners as they won't be so worried about there score.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 01:58:55 PM »
But air how would that work you would need to see who has lower rank to control CV is some dweeb takes it into SB range or PT spawn. And yeah thats a joke 2 weeks vans =P.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 02:11:30 PM »
But air how would that work you would need to see who has lower rank to control CV is some dweeb takes it into SB range or PT spawn. And yeah thats a joke 2 weeks vans =P.

Thats another thing,we shuold be able to boot someone out of the SB or mangun and take it over.
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »
And yeah thats a joke 2 weeks vans =P.

You're not that clever bud.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 02:56:37 PM by Motherland »

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »
Originally posted by AirFlyer
Honestly I would rather see the public score removed from the game all together. Let people look at there own score privately and they can post it on the forums if they want to show off and look like a score-potato then. The only thing the score system does is encourage people to score-potato... It might even get rid of some of the HOers and runners as they won't be so worried about there score.
Believe it or not, some people in the game enjoy the rank aspect since it gives them something to work towards.  Take it away from them, they are probably more likely to leave rather than change their style.  People leaving = revenue loss for HTC, which is not a good thing for anyone who enjoys this game.

The thought by the original poster is interesting in that it would put people into tiers rather than give just a number.  It might be mildly interesting to some people to see if they could get everyone in their squad to rank major or higher or something . . . I know no one in my squad would rise above corporal, but there could be others . . .
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline raider73

• Nickel Member
RANK Whats that?
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »
E25 work for it? you can take JU87 to City and bomb it once every other week for tour and have bomber rank of like 4. No work in that, and thats a good idea vanscrew.