Author Topic: My 1st Real Movie  (Read 248 times)

Offline Denber

• Zinc Member
      • DUXFORD WING RAF
My 1st Real Movie
« on: December 27, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »
My 1st real movie I made for this game, using the AH recording program together with fraps, and edited with Windows Movie Maker.

Still struggling with the AH viewer program, but I am getting the gang of it. These are recordings of Duxford Wing battling in the skies durinx Xmas time :). Hope you enjoy

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-6410003208762029075
Denber
No 23 Squadron Leader
http://www.duxford-wing.org

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
My 1st Real Movie
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:14:20 AM »
For a first-timer working with the Film Viewer from Aces High, nice work on the camera angles! Other than that, you need to work on zooming in on your featured planes to enhance the plane's detail to the viewer, editing the actual film for length, and exporting the film for better quality.

I recommend zooming in on your featured planes to enhance the quality because for 1. It makes it easier for the viewer to see what the featured plane is doing in regards to turns and maneuvers and 2. It allows the viewer to see the skin of the plane and view the detail of it's textures.

I also suggest you edit your film because I saw plenty of parts that could have been trimmed down or not used at all to reduce the length of the film. Lots of people around here will say, "Forget It!" when they see a film that's over 5:00 long. If you want to make a LONG film and get away with it, be prepared to present a masterpiece with an extremely good storyline.

And lastly I recommend that you speak with some other film makers around here such as Kermit or Bmathis (bnasty is the forum name) to determine what the best export codec and settings are for best film quality. Google Video and YouTube dramatically decrease video quality, however there are some tutorials to show you how to use these websites and still have amazing quality videos. You just have to know which codec to use and which settings to go along with it.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.