Author Topic: New love  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New love
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2008, 12:28:04 AM »
Originally posted by kilz
I will take that offer. ask the bish that where taking 215 on the big map. i was poping panzer turrets left and right with my yak with the 37mm:aok

PM with details i am not on tonight for i will be far to drunk to do anything other then hit the ground :D

Popping turrets and outright killing is 2 different things.
See Rule #4

Offline OSU

• Copper Member
New love
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2008, 12:28:50 AM »
I personaly started flying the Spit 16 and the Seafire over the weekend and I have flown them ever since.
If I can't win, I die. But if I win, I live. And I can't win if I don't fight.
--Mikasa Ackerman

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
New love
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2008, 07:16:50 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Popping turrets and outright killing is 2 different things.

outright kill them yes you can make a panzer blow up with a yak. i might have film on it not sure tho will look.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
New love
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2008, 07:25:11 AM »
I like the K4 just for the guns. It's v satisfying to see that big pop fireball hit someone. Obv same goes for 37mm yak but you can actually see out of that one so it's not as satisfying. Blind german ftw! Otherwise Ki84 is a lot of fun... it's always a battle of OH will I turn too hard or will I compress! Finecky bstard to turn on the edge :P

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
New love
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2008, 03:33:55 PM »
Film of outright killing pls.

As a matter of fact I'll up the tank at a remote spot and let you try.
Hey!!  That's my job!!!  :furious
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New love
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
Hey!!  That's my job!!!  :furious

And you do it well.:D
See Rule #4

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
New love
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
after it first came out I remember several sorties where nothing was taking damage.  After hitting an M3 six times with that 40mm and the M3 not even smoking I decided to bag it.   I haven't flown it since.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
New love
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »
Film of outright killing pls.
I didn't believe it until I saw / did it for myself.  The first two links include kills of a panzer with the Yak's 37mm gun, followed immediately by me smacking the ground.  This is in the DA, but I don't think the MA settings are any different.  Note that unlike the 75mm from the B-25, this took multiple hits.

(BTW, it is OK to laugh at my awful gunnery, poor angle of attack and general sucky flying ability.  I will just claim that it is because I never fly Yaks, and see if you buy it. ;))

http://www.mediafire.com/?66tmjtyzinl
http://www.mediafire.com/?dyjqyztgltt

We started to try to the 37mm against a T-34.  I didn't do any appreciable damage, but a few of the hit sprites looked promising.  I can't tell if they are armor hits or track hits, you can judge for yourself.  Unfortunately I didn't have any time to try multiple sorties.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9xznytb1n9h

My squaddies had film of their own.  Rifle used a flat vs. rear attack and eventually got a kill as well.  I've asked him to send me the film, and will post it when he does so.

Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
New love
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
after it first came out I remember several sorties where nothing was taking damage.  After hitting an M3 six times with that 40mm and the M3 not even smoking I decided to bag it.   I haven't flown it since.

That can still happen with m3s.. 40mm AP bouncing just like Tiger 88mm AP ;)

That being said, the most important change since introduction of the Hurri D was fixing the firing sequence. The 40mm guns used to fire one at a time, resulting in horrible yaw movements. They do fire together now, so you can actually fire more than one shot without losing your aim.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
New love
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 07:08:01 PM »
My latest love is VansCrew in the pink panties.....Oh wait....thats right..airplanes.....we were talking about airplanes...Lets see Chog,Dora,Spit5,8 and 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
New love
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2008, 07:08:49 PM »
Originally posted by SHawk
My latest love is VansCrew in the pink panties.....Oh wait....thats right..airplanes.....we were talking about airplanes...Lets see Chog,Dora,Spit5,8 and 9.
:rofl :rofl
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
New love
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 09:30:22 PM »
hey target if you practice a little bit with that yak you will kill that pazer with 3-4 hits off that main gun.

on the T-34 you did get a lot of track hits but you did on your first pass throw 2 rounds into the engine. on the last pass you did put some into the turret. you biggest problem in the T-34 one is you had no controll over your shooting you where all over the place. i am in the DA everyday if you would like to perfect that. bro thanks for posting some films on this.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey