Author Topic: well this REALLY screwed up my day  (Read 299 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
well this REALLY screwed up my day
« on: January 06, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »
So I finally got my Cougar all setup, the scaling and dampening and button mapping just so..

ive been tweaking it and fiddeling with it to get everything jussst perfect..

well today I wanted to join a GV mission.

so I up a panzer and cant get it to do anything..

I go to map controllers and go to MODE 2   thats VEHICLES AND BOATS and everything is blank all buttons, all Axis.....

so while in MODE 2 I hit the "default map" button..

nothing happens.. everything is still blank..  the missions is about to roll so I decide to just fly insted..

up on the runway.. nothing works..

I check controller mapping MODE 1 THATS PLANES AND DEFAULT..

everything is blank, all buttons are unmapped, all axis are blank, scaling and dead bands and everything are undone.

long story short, hitting "default map" in MODE 2 wiped out MODE 1

I tried to recreate this and it was easy.. i went into mode one, mapped a few bottons and the AXIS and stuff, switch to mode 2, hit default.. go back to mode 1 and sure enough, again, everyhing is blank.

this royally screwed me.. the button maps, no biggie.. but the effing AXIS settings..  I had everything juusst right, exactly how I wanted it.. and poof.. several days worth the effort and fine tuning are gone, im back to square 1.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:25:13 PM »
Yup, it's a PITA. It's also annoying when setting up multiple modes to copy mode1, as you want all the axis scaling the same, but it totally screws up all your button mapping.

I've done that many many many times, and it really irritated me.

However, I didn't have the blank mode thing. Mine was more about copying and other annoyances.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 03:25:57 PM »
I dont know why when i hit "default" it wips out everything, maybe im missing the fiel with the default maps...

but thats moot.. IMO if you in 1 mode and hit default, it should not effect the other modes.