Author Topic: Installing Windows  (Read 665 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Installing Windows
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
i have a question about reinstalling windows. what all disk do you need after you reinstall windows. i just want to make sure i have everything before i do this. first time for me to reinstall windows. so i dont know what all is needed. any help would helpful thanks in advance
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Installing Windows
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:27:54 PM »
you'll need a mainboard drivers disc , lan/internet card drivers ,and video card drivers.

sometimes the xp disc has the drivers for it ,,, but dont count on it .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 07:04:17 AM »
When I reinstalled my windows xp I also needed the nvidia chip drivers. That was a first for me.

You will need or can download stick drivers, sound drivers, video drivers. If you have an AV program you will need that plus any other security programs. Be prepared to put some time in it. A good image program would have been good prior to having any problems (if any problems).

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Installing Windows
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 07:34:22 AM »
There is a handy little program It backs up all the drivers you are using to a flashdrive. You can then use it to re-install the drivers after you've installed windows. I havn't used it, but I've been told it works very well.

Offline wabbit

• Copper Member
      • Wabbit's War Room
Installing Windows
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »
When I re-install windows for a client, I always get all the latest drivers for the hardware, such as Video, Motherboard, network card, modem, (if used), etc, etc.

If your windows is still accessible, you should be able to id the hardware from 'Device Manager', which can be reached from
'Controll Panel' - 'System'.

Also since you're re-installing, then you boot the installation disk, make sure you wipe the 'c' drive partition and replace it with a new one. That will eliminate any 'leftover' problems, with your new installation.

Wabbit
Wabbit:
             The Official Rolling Thunder Target Drone...

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 05:09:43 PM »
man this sounds like alot of work. would it be best if i sent it to the computer store to do it or you think i will be able to handle it???
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »
its fairly simple to do ,, it just takes awhile 2-3 hours depending on hardware and programs ect ... what you need is either a second pc running with a messenger program , teamspeak ,ect or a phone buddy that is there to help you if you run into a snag .

(I'm on the wacky work hours this month or id help ya )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »
Like Roscoroo said it is fairly simple. Just start by installing windows and then load your drivers. Maybe make a list starting with 1. being windows and then the drivers you will want to install. Probably last will be your printer and gaming devices. There's probably something on the internet that has a step by step instructions.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 10:41:56 AM »
what do you mean internet card driver cd i have my mother board video sound and windows XP cds thats all no internet ones.

i also have a power DVD and a nero cd dont know what those are for.
Former LTARkilz

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Installing Windows
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 12:56:03 PM »
power dvd is for the dvd player and nero discs are for the dvd burner copiers.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 08:12:48 PM »
ok finished the reinstall of windows got all my drivers installed internet and all. but the game will not start up. i downloaded it and that went fine. but when i open it for the first time it says aces high has incountered a problem. i know why its doing that but here is my problem.

i got to ATI and try to get the lastiest drivers and it says this page cannot be displayed.

so if anyone can please post a direct link to the download for the latest drive for a Radeon 9800 series (9800 pro 125mb) thanks in advanced

Lew if you read this give me a call bro.
Former LTARkilz

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »
EEEEEEEEK  omega redid his website .... no more 4.12 cats .

ok ok ... here you go

I uploaded at set for ya (or anyone else that needs them)

rad_w2kxp_omega_2597a_7z.zip (4.12 cats)
Roscoroo ,

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 08:16:40 PM »
ok got everything up and going with just a few bugs.

1. AH does not seem to run right FPS keep jumping from 10 to 300????

2. the graphics seem crapy. when i use my hat stick to look diffrent directions, the inside of my cockpit seems to cut in half then go back to normal. is this a texture setting?????

3. when i pull some Gs and start to black out i get moving black lines on my screen?????
Former LTARkilz

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 09:26:52 PM »
check your video card fan   ... 9800 series cards are famous for their fans dying and burning the cards up.  

also turn on v-sync .  

you may need to run a driver cleaner to get ride of the newer ones then reinstall the 4.12's.
Roscoroo ,

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Installing Windows
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
check your video card fan   ... 9800 series cards are famous for their fans dying and burning the cards up.  

also turn on v-sync .  

you may need to run a driver cleaner to get ride of the newer ones then reinstall the 4.12's.

how do i turn on my v-sync? someone told me that i would over heat with in an hour of turning my v-sync on is that true?

i removed all drivers and installed the 4.12

fan on the video card is a ok
Former LTARkilz