Author Topic: Meanings of Names  (Read 11760 times)

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
way back
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
Way back when i first gave this game a whirl it seemed everytime i would return to my base in a bomber i would be smokeing from at least 1 usually 2 or more engines, So after a break i came back and figured the name fit me well. Im still returning to base trailing smoke.:rolleyes:

http://www.thelynchmobsquad.com :aok

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2008, 10:12:51 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
AWMac... cuz some young handsomehunk took the name "xbrit" already....

:D

~Touche~

Mac

Does anyone know why the sea got crabs and Nits got MAC ?
The sea had first choice !!
u old fart

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2008, 10:13:34 PM »

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2008, 11:39:56 PM »
Before I started AH I tried to set up an online account with MS CFS2.  I started out with basic airplane/WW2 names, but kept getting the message that the name was already in use.

Eventually, I tried a name based on a different pastime- Mountainman.  

I've always been a frontier history, archaeology, primitive living buff.  I tan deer hides with their brains, build and shoot flintlock rifles and muskets, camp in a tipi, participate in fur trade "re-enactments" called rendezvous, knap stone arrowheads from chert, flint, and obsidian, throw knives and tomahawks, etc...

When I came to AH, I just figured I'd use the same name, but it wouldn't fit so I shortened it.

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
Re: Meanings of Names
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2008, 12:06:02 AM »
Originally posted by Banshee7
Thought this was a neat topic before.  How did you get your name or what does it mean?

Had a great uncle in WWII (p38 pilot) get shot down and his callsign was "Trigger" along with his nickname, so I took that and made Trigger2

Later adapted to TAsTrig TA's refering to TA57x who taught me to fly, shoot, and run :lol
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Meanings of Names
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2008, 04:31:15 AM »
Way back in a bygone era, before the Lighting, I was a dedicated FW190A-8 driver.  I had just finished reading one of BulletHead's write ups on energy fighting and was anxious to practice what I read.  

I noticed a 'dar bar near the Spitfire factory, figured it was a Death Star and climbed to meet it.  Turned out it was a Bzlander in a Bf109E, slightly above and heading right towards me.  

Now by this time in my flight sim career, I had only about 3-4 months experience from my short time in AWDOS on Genie and I had just re-discovered AW on AOL and started flying again.  Was going by the name MBong "Major Bong" (no, not a reference to the P-38 ace) during that time.

Anyway, back to the fight.  We fought for over 10 minutes until I managed to hit him with my cannons.  As he was floating down in his chute, I was starting to type a to him on open channel.  Up to that point, it was the best fight I ever had, a real white knuckle fight.  Felt pretty good too, I remember feeling that I had accomplished a milestone, I was no longer "fodder".

Then I saw his comments on open channel.

"You fly like *****"

I remember thinking it was really funny and laughed.  Logged off afterwards and then got the idea to change my CPID but obviously the Kesmoids wouldn't allow S**T or any other variation of the word, so I had to figure out a way to get past that and AKAK was born.  Threw in the handle Ack-Ack to "complete the disguise".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:41 AM »
Uber= Super (actually upper, but its super in AH terms)
slet=slut in german
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
Back when I first found AH1 I was playing Warhammer 40K a bunch and ran a Necron army and the Flayed ones were one of my favorit units in it...

They are brutal warrriors, armed only with razor-sharp claws, that easily cut through the toughest skins and armours.

They are twisted and ghoulish terrors, as they advance before the force, much like Scouts. They are stooped with age but are disturbingly agile. To make their terror worse, they adorn themselves with the flesh of those they have killed. This enables them to spread fear throughout the enemy army as their own dead effectively advance on the front lines. Even in combat warriors are terrified of them, making it hard for them to react and hit the Flayed Ones, giving the Flayed Ones the chance to mow down all in front of them.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline xxIENAxx

• Copper Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2008, 09:54:47 AM »
Saw a movie once called -  Escape from New York, Kurt Russell played this guy  called Snake Plissken, cool movie, cool guy.....well in Italian he became Iena Plinsky
367th "Dynamite Gang"
In game name IENA since Tour 59

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »
Originally posted by Nutzoid
Nutzoid. Need I say more?

Oh, i hope not...

:p

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Xcelsior
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2008, 10:42:55 AM »
Hooray for being a nerd lol.  Mine is suppose to be Excelsior, but the restriction.  Which comes from Star Trek Movies 3-6 and one episode of Voyager
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Hoagi

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »
In short, my last name is Carmichael and I am a Navy musician.  Only you ole farts will know where mine came from.

Hoagi

Offline wreckedem

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »
do you need an image? lol

Offline Flash4rt

• Zinc Member
      • http://virtualcombat.co.uk
Meanings of Names
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2008, 06:11:47 PM »
Got my name from a character in the TV series Blackadder Goes Forth.

Sgn Cmdr Flashheart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAs_OcVlFDQ

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2008, 06:20:11 PM »
Lord Flashart is one the funniest characters in blackadder ever!!

"Gotta treat your woman like you treat your kite"

Classic.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP