Author Topic: Meanings of Names  (Read 11770 times)

Offline Torcher

• Copper Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2008, 11:46:21 AM »
From all the way back in AW2 daze when I started using "TORCHER" and had the dweebish kill-tagline of "Yet another TORCHERed soul".

Offline MsBhaven

• Copper Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2008, 12:11:01 PM »
Well, I couldnt think of a name for the game other than Mrs5PointOh but that was to long, so me and 5Point looked around on the internet to find names of planes and things that had to to with girls in WWII. We came across Miss BeHavin and that is how we came up with MsBhaven.. spelled differently and shortned.. but it fits me so good.
Birds Of Prey Ospreys

"I Do Bad Things, And I Do Them Well"
"When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one forgets"

Offline aenigma

• Zinc Member
      • 173rd Guardian Angels
Meanings of Names
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2008, 03:14:43 PM »
Back in the day of Air Warrior, I was known as =M= which meant Marauder to the people who knew me. Even though my Squadron  buddies of 11 years, Confederate Knights, still refer to me as =M=, I needed a change from the single syllable name.

My deep interest for World War 2 lead me to look for a name to represent something of that war. Along came came ENIGMA;The German Code Machine.
It was fitting I gravitated to that name because I also enjoy the music by Enigma.

In AH, Enigma was taken so I looked for another version which led me to the Latin spelling of Enigma as aenigma. I did not capitalize the "A" as it would have looked funny to me.

ENIGMA

Main Entry:
    enig·ma
Pronunciation:
    \i-ˈnig-mə, e-\
Etymology:
    Latin aenigma

BTW, I have yet to find the owner of Enigma in AH but have seen other variants in the game.

>S<

aenigma
173rd Guardian Angels
www.173rdguardianangels.info

Navy Veterans- www.Navyvets.com

Offline 123zzz

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2008, 07:02:36 PM »
Ask my wife 1-2-3 and its all over and then z-z-z I fall asleep:rofl
MA 444th Air Mafia  FSO 13th MFG ingame id tonyzzzz

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2008, 11:08:57 PM »
VooWho - Was in a rush for something to start playing AH. Just stuck with it.

New online name is Draken - Got it from the SAAB J-35 Draken fighter.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »
keep an eye on that 5PointOh :huh  MsBhaven he has them beedy little eyes:rolleyes:  :rofl

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2008, 11:58:21 PM »
Gordo Cooper in "The Right Stuff".
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2008, 11:58:21 PM »
Boom.. Pretty self explanatory.. :aok

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2008, 06:13:53 AM »
HL-DM and counterstrike.

19k software modem ping 500-700... I named my self LAGGGGGGGGGG, then my mate called me Overlag.

9 years on still going strong.

was kinda ironic when i was the first of my mates to get Dsl and had 20ping but still called Overlag lol
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
I was trying to decide on a new name.  My (then 5year old) daughter walked up to me and asked what I was doing.  I told her I was trying to decide on a new handle.  She said, "Well dad, you like to fly in the sky and you like rock and roll.  Why not call yourself SkyRock."  It was that simple.:aok

Mark

And the rest is history.  :lol

Spazz

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2008, 05:59:54 PM »
Long story short- I'm from the south, my history teacher in my Catholic school up here found out, started calling me "Johnny Rebel".  

And that's how it goes.  

:)
"You rebel scum"

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2008, 10:11:11 PM »
Originally posted by Logan6
My named came from an old movie with Michael Beck called Logan's Run.

Ummmm... I believe that was Michael York in Logan's Run

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
Meanings of Names
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »
Roses are Red....

Hellcat's are Blue,

and somehow I ended up with blukitty.

Yet I like Corsairs more ... but they are still Blu :)

Offline AGM65

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2008, 12:39:54 AM »
Real life nick name is Maverick after the missles I built and maintaned for the A-10, also the car I drove. I knew that would be taken in this game so used the USAF designation. AGM65= Maverick missle

Offline Wurger

• Copper Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2008, 01:47:26 PM »
Ingame CPID is Bazi, in honour of Robert "Bazi" Weiß (21 April 1920 – 29 December 1944) Gruppenkommandeur III/JG54.

Biography
Robert "Bazi" Weiß was born on 21 April 1920 in Baden, Austria. In the beginning of his military career he served with a flak regiment before transferring to learn to fly in early 1940. In early 1941, Leutnant Weiß was a pilot with 6 Staffel, Jagdgeschwader 26 flying on the Channel Front. He claimed a Supermarine Spitfire shot down in September 1941. In September 1942, Weiß was transferred to 1 Staffel, JG 54, based on the Eastern Front flying operations on the Leningrad front. His victory score grew slowly, and by April 1943 had claimed just 30 victories. Falling ill in May 1943 he was hospitalised until July 1943 when he was made Staffelkapitän 3./JG 54. On 2 August 1943, he was awarded the German Cross in Gold. By October he had 68 claims and was Staffelkapitän 10./JG 54. He received the Ritterkreuz for 98 claims in March 1944.

In May 1944, Weiß was transferred to III./JG 54 engaged in Defense of the Reich missions against the USAAF bombing offensive, although in June the unit transferred to the Invasion Front with Weiss as appointed Gruppenkommandeur. Under Hauptmann Weiß, III./JG 54 became the most successful fighter unit over the Invasion Front, claiming some 100 Allied aircraft shot down for the loss of 50 of its own aircraft in combat. By August, when the unit was withdrawn from operations for re-equipment, Weiss himself was credited with 118 victories. III./JG 54 re-equipped with the Fw 190 D-9, becoming the first operational Gruppe of the Luftwaffe to receive the 'Dora-9'. On 28 September Weiss shot down a Spitfire of 541 Squadron as the first confirmed victory of the Fw 190 D-9. On 29 December 1944, III./JG 54 were ordered up against RAF fighter-bombers in the Osnabrück, Münster and Rheine areas. Weiß led the Stab, III/JG 54 and 11./JG 54 into a large formation of Spitfires from 331 and 501 Squadrons. None of Weiß's Schwarm returned, with 17 aircraft lost and 13 pilots, including Weiss, killed while claiming six fighters.

The personality of Robert Weiss can be seen in the following exchange with the Paris ground controller:

Weiss: "Thanks Primadonna! You have driven us into a damned wild boar wallow this time. But Rube Anton (call sign for III Gruppe commander) attacks. Out."

Primadonna: "Wait till other cyclists (friendly fighters) can come to help."

Weiss: "The enemy won't wait any longer. My last request to you is to shut up and play a good record. With hot music we can bank better!"

Under Weiss' leadership, III Gruppe was the most successful fighter unit over the Invasion Front, claiming over 150 Allied planes.

It is assumed that Weiss was shot down in Fw 190 D-9 (W.Nr. 210 060) "Black 10" by Flight Sergeant Haanes of 331 (Norwegian) Squadron, RAF near Lingen. He was posthumously awarded the Oak Leaves on 12 March 1945.

"Bazi" Weiss is officially credited with 121 aerial victories in claimed 471 missions. 26 of his victories were claimed over the Western Front. Included in his total are 40 Il-2 Sturmoviks, 12 Spitfires and five P-38 Lightnings.
Bazi
The Flying Circus