Author Topic: Meanings of Names  (Read 11772 times)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2008, 10:41:51 PM »
jolly------call sign for our squadron where I was until very recently(got hurt in Afghanistan) flying on HH-60G's--Jolly Greens

FE---Flight Engineer

so

jollyFE

CSAR for the USAF

now I am a Global Hawk guy so I might have to change my name or something
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline HeavyH

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2008, 12:11:59 AM »
In mocking the most ridiculous form of music, a friend and I made ourselves "rap" names.  Heavy (6'4" 285 lbs) and H for my last name.

Offline theNewB

• Copper Member
      • http://www.greatergermany.net
Meanings of Names
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2008, 12:58:49 AM »
theNewB was back when I started in '01 Sat there for a while thinking of a name and said to myself "well im new so theNewB it is" played H2H for a few years and swore i was the only NewB in the game... until one fateful day i met NwBie... then i finally knew i wasnt alone. Moved to the MA had to setup a new account so i stuck with theNewB but just added at 2 at the end. So this game has a good flying NwBie and a crappy flying NewB ;)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2008, 08:54:45 AM »
When I started Warbirds 1997 I was "save".  

When 6 characters was introduced I became -save-

When I was appointed as a trainer ->  =save=.

Save did not work out in here -  so I became "gr8sh0t" and have been in here  for 2 months or so and have just started  to get used to AH

Fly Ultralights, both weightshifts and ruddercontrolled.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2008, 11:19:20 AM »
mine is froma Bugs Bunny episode.....Sir Loin of Beef.My previous name was Sir Osis of Liver during my drinking days.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2008, 12:22:48 PM »
::eek::Mine is pretty obvious..... named after a big, ugly Wookie from a movie that rocked the world in the mid 70's. Star Wars.
I always liked Chewbacca. In game, I'm A8Chewie. A8 being my squad uniform, Aces & Eights. The name Chewie is also my real-life "nick-name" given to me by some old co-workers. I had pretty long, dark brown hair and a thick full beard at the time. I came in late for work one morning and my hair was a mess and all over the place. My co-workers thought I looked like Chewbacca for a moment and the name stuck. And stuck it has, going on 12 years.

:aok
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline caddie

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2008, 01:12:36 PM »
Caddie...Me like golf!

Offline Stalls

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2008, 01:18:41 PM »
Stalls - Had reasonable expectations of what my cartoon flying skills would be like going into this game.  Been adequately living up to low expectations ever since:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"
Wing and a Prayer Nose Art

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of

Offline Gowan

• Proation 9/22/2016
  • Nickel Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
Gowan is my actuall name, me ingame handle GowGow is what my girlfriend and a good amount of my very feminine friends (both guys and gals) call me

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »
stodd-read a book called the black sheep and there was a pilot in there named stodd, sounded cool so thats what i picked as a name .......dont no how its pronounced lol
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline byheck

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »
ByHeck, not as many interoperate my call sign ( By Check {I use a credit card like most of us}) comes from my father.

After he retired in the late 70s, he returned to his youthful poetic nurturing.  He would read his poetry at various senior citizens locations around the local area.  He was never officially published; however he did make up [photo copied & folded to 5.5”x8.5”] booklets that he gave out to the audience members.  He signed the booklets, “by heck!’.

The family also operated a small craft business for over 25 years, known as “Crafts Byheck!”.  Currently we run a Herbalife business, and you guessed correctly, it is licensed as Herbalife Byheck [ http://www.shopherbalife.com/byheck ]

I am just carrying on a family tradition.
"By Heck"

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »
Originally posted by SgtPappy
I was singing 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' back in gr.9, accidentally saying 'Sgt. Pappy's lonely etc...'. My geography classmate heard me say 'Sgt. Pappy's' and duly corrected me while at the same time, making fun of me up until and including now.  

When we got Aces High and we couldnt make up names, he got a bright idea to call me Sgt. pappy.

Ditto, Beatles Song. And it has a bit of a standoffish sound. Love the song. I desperately looking for a name and said hey, lets look at the Beatles songs.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Borsuk

• Zinc Member
      • 5th SFG SOAR Squad Website
Meanings of Names
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2008, 02:17:21 PM »
Been nicknamed Badger over the years in several companies, now most of the guys I work with are Poles and they fought that calling me Borsuk was original. Of course it is Polish for Badger
Borsuk
No job too small, no fee too large
"Anything I promise when drunk is sacred. Anthing I promise when sober may be reneged on" Harry Carey Jr.
5th SFG S.O.A.R.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Meanings of Names
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »
one could look at it 2 ways........what do you chase a shot of Tequila with?..........another shot of Tequila!

and then again, I was always chasing after it in my younger years.......

thru the years have switched from El Toro, Mezcal, Quervo Esp & 1800 to nowadays Patron Gold.....but these days a good "tieing one on" comes many blue moons apart....;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Oldman22

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »
I have 4 kids and wife-ack,... just seemed appropriate.:confused: :aok
Oh, 22 was high school football number.. :aok