Author Topic: An introduction to reality for people who object to "Hangar Queens"  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
An introduction to reality for people who object to "Hangar Queens"
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »
How many uber, perk bombers do we have?  Yeah, exactly.  It isn't a perk fighter and comparing it to fighter performance will have it coming up short.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »
What food chain does the 152 sit atop of?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 12:36:53 PM »
Originally posted by moot

A couple of them.

1) modeling issues.

2) Why the heck was this added to the game?  :p
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »
LOL
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 12:51:37 PM »
Originally posted by moot

Technically it sits on top of the 190 "foodchain". Post wasnt ment to say that the 152 should be perked...anymore then the D pony or La-7.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
How many uber, perk bombers do we have?  Yeah, exactly.  It isn't a perk fighter and comparing it to fighter performance will have it coming up short.

I'm not comparing it to fighters per se. It's got the same bomb load as a B-25 or B-26, no cannons like the B-25 or mossie or 110 so it cant deack/snipe GV's. It wasn't "rare" and it certainly won't unbalance gameplay. I've got thousands of useless perks from flying the A-20 so I dont care either way. I'm just curious what the rationel is to have so many other planes that impact the game more "unperked" and perk the A-26.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »
It'll deack very well.. 8 nose guns in the 25H are pretty much as good as a pair of cannons. Nevermind with 6 more.
And soft GVs would be toast in a very short time span :D  That includes Ostie turrets.  In fact, I think it'll be pretty useful to make long precise shots against soft targets, given the number volume of fire on 50cal trajectories.
It might even be better than the Il2.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:02:24 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2008, 01:05:29 PM »
Originally posted by humble
I dont think the A-26 would really be a perk plane, it only did 355 and its 6000 lb loadout isnt anymore then a B-25. No question the 14 x .50's is a load but more then the 110s mix of 20mm/30mm?

It wouldnt unbalance game play any more then a mossie or B-25 does IMO. Assuming better structural strength in exchange for lesser handling the A-26 wouldnt really outshine the A-20 in an air to air by a huge margin.

The A-26 would be a formidable raid bomber. Thats it. I wouldnt even mind if it was lightly perked. If it is modeled to drop 12 500lb bombs thru a bombsight, at that speed, it would probably become the most favored bomber in the game. With 3 drones thats 6,000 more Lbs worth of bombs then the B-26/Marauder. Then, of course, add the rocket loadout......

It would be a great raider no doubt. But sticking around and mixing it up with fighters? I dont think so. It would be murder on CVs however. I'd love to see this bomber introduced.

I guess the "rational" would be its 18,000 lbs of bombs, with drones, would impact the game heavily. And its speed would almost garuntee it makes it to target.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:08:32 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
The A-26 in Air Warrior was often seen mixing it up with fighters.  Even though it wasn't nessesarily competetive, it was close enough to be a tough target to bring down and it was fun to fly it in that manner, espeically if the top gun was manned.

Considering the ord load, the gun package and it's general handling charachteristics I could see it being perked.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »
I don't think it will be an expensive perk, but rather the bargain perk bomber, much like the Sherman VC is for tanks and the F4U-1C/Spitfire Mk XIV are for aircraft.

And don't compare it to the Mosquito VI or Bf110, for all their clunkiness, they are still fighters.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2008, 02:45:05 PM »
VVS "not so" hanger queens

Fighter  Yak3

Attack IL-10

Bomber TU2

Prolific yet to be modelled VVS air craft

Attack (Heavy dive bomber) Pe 2

VVS hanger queens we should have.

U-2 for every Vehicle hanger. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:50:00 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Originally posted by trigger2
Isn't that what the Training Arena's for :huh

Funny thing is, whenever I go in there it's usually the experianced pilots that don't fly spits/la's/p51's... seeing that they have something to learn looking for a specific thing to learn...
Take a few weeks ago for example, I go in looking for someone that could teach me a bit better E conservation in the P40 (thanks Ghost) and here's a little furball of p38J's goin on using manuvers I didn't think possible of a p38 (even though I've flown it for the past couple months in the DA...) still not satisfied with their achievements...

Either that or people on their 2 week trial that don't know how to take off...

whelp...yes and no.........it seems..or at least feels to me as if the training arena can only take you so far..then you need to get into main arenas for the real experience. people fly differently in ma than in ta....but i still pop in there once in awhile..as i know others do.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)