Author Topic: State of the Union  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
State of the Union
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »
It is funny: squabbling the pros and cons of displaying, or not, elementary school English skills under The State of the Union thread title.

To write, "I'll boot your butt" is ironic given our President's penchant for malapropisms, mistakes, and bombs.

Shoot, we don't need not stinkin' learnin' here in the O'Club.

Does anyone want to take up the cause?  

Posters' opinions on The 2nd Amendment is a passionate cause as are opinions of liberty versus governmental constraints.

Will any rally to the subject of education?  Or, the uselessness of it?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:20:23 PM by Hap »

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
State of the Union
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »
"Will any rally to the subject of education? Or, the uselessness of it?"

I for one think education are good.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
State of the Union
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2008, 01:07:30 PM »
So how many of y'all just sit around waiting for one of the others to screw up in the tiniest parcel so you can pounce on them? Or just wait for the missing comma or misplaced quotation marks? Relax a little for crying out loud! :lol
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
State of the Union
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »
Originally posted by texasmom
So how many of y'all just sit around waiting for one of the others to screw up in the tiniest parcel so you can pounce on them? Or just wait for the missing comma or misplaced quotation marks? Relax a little for crying out loud! :lol

I agree.  That's just silly and annoying.

Maybe the learnin' thing is really con-job.  After all, despite goofs and spoofs, we still communicate.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
State of the Union
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
Maybe the learnin' thing is really con-job. After all, despite goofs and spoofs, we still communicate.
====
Yeah, I think you are figuring it out hap.  

At least as far as the informality of the AH BBS O'Club should be concerned.  

Most of us here are not uptight anal english majors (and the one or two here that are tend to be more laid back than one particular person I can think of in this thread).

I know one thing...whenever I start posting to correct another persons spelling and punctuation errors I rarely ever hit the submit button because I always end up feeling like Im behaving like a self-centered pompous high-and-mighty elitist a-hole when I do it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
State of the Union
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2008, 03:46:08 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
YOUR lack of knowledge of the difference undermines YOUR position.
====

Lazs was probably just looking at kills versus killed.  Its a stat you cannot argue against, you either kill more or get killed more.  If you get killed more than you kill it generally suggests your not very good at the game, but hopefully your still having your type fun.  Thats what the game is about.

LOL..i know it's not good.. but 672 kills to 356 deaths... isn't Bad.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
State of the Union
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
Taint great neither.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
State of the Union
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »
Originally posted by Hap
Maybe the learnin' thing is really con-job.  

Nah, there's a great place & reason for the whole learnin' thing ~ and it shouldn't be dismissed :)  But listening to some of the nit-picking in here makes me think of these three old ladies who didn't do anything but gripe about eachother ~ who could spend the whole day sharpshooting eachother.  What a miserable way to exist!

Just enjoy the conversations :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
State of the Union
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2008, 05:58:47 PM »
heh heh, he said taint...  :D