Author Topic: Widescreen Mode?  (Read 480 times)

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
Widescreen Mode?
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:42:35 PM »
One, DOes Aces High have a widescreen option.

If not, is there a way to run it in a windowed mode so that everything is not so SQUAT looking.  Its not bad but I like the normal look.

I went to wide screen because most new games support it and it makes a ton of difference in a game.

Help is appreicated.

Thank you

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Widescreen Mode?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:04:31 AM »
The game will run in any resolution the video card supports (check the option to show all the resolutions in the "Video Settings"), but if you run an aspect ratio higher than 4:3, the game will be cropped across the bottom and top.

99% of all games which support wide HD-like aspect ratios do so by only changing the viewport width to 90 degrees from the 75 degree default.  Aces High II is already running at 90 degrees.  Switching to a wider viewport causes fisheye in DirectX.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
Widescreen Mode?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:18:31 AM »
Skuzzy,

Thank you, Silly me failed to notice that box.  Looks WONDERFUL now!

Sorry to waste your time on stupid overlook by myself.

Thanks again!

Gorf

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Widescreen Mode?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 02:51:01 PM »
Is it better then to stay with a standard sized monitor instead of the widescreen?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline wabbit

• Copper Member
      • Wabbit's War Room
Widescreen Mode?
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:29:33 PM »
I love my widescreen, and after setting the 'antenna' pot on my cougar to lower my head, I have no problems with seeing the cut-off section of the lower screen.

I personally wouldn't go back to a non-widescreen.

Wabbit
Wabbit:
             The Official Rolling Thunder Target Drone...

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
Widescreen Mode?
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 02:17:28 PM »
I have a widescreen on one computer and a regular 17 inch on my other.  I'll take the widescreen any day of the week.  I do have a "head down" function mapped to my throttle, however.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Widescreen Mode?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »
I found that directly mapping the head position to an axis screwed up your saved head positions. If you map "REAR" to have your head as far toward the gunsight as possible, and as high as possible, and you map head forward and head up to analog inputs, when you look rear it won't use your saved view, but will look rear based upon what those axis are set to at that moment (or something funky).

Because of this I unmapped all head positions. Pity, though. Pity.

Offline wabbit

• Copper Member
      • Wabbit's War Room
Widescreen Mode?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 10:21:58 AM »
I mapped mine to the 'Antenna' pot on my cougar Throttle. The only thing I need to do is calibrate my joystick/throttle before I fly and after that it works perfectly.

For almost a year, I had nothing I could map to the 'antenna' and finally found something that it was good for...

Wabbit
Wabbit:
             The Official Rolling Thunder Target Drone...