Author Topic: Custom Skin  (Read 477 times)

Offline Tails80

• Zinc Member
Custom Skin
« on: February 10, 2008, 01:51:15 PM »
Hello,
     I was just seeing if there is any possible way i could get a skin,(or make on) For my squadron....VMF-214 Black Sheep....If there is anyway i could get directions or information on this please say. Thanks.

-Seaman Recruit Tails80
                                                                      Vmf-214 black sheep
_____________________________ ______________
The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Proud Member of the VMF-214 Black Sheep

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Custom Skin
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »
Go to hangar, select the plane you want to skin, go up to the skin select, right click and choose 'Save Default Skin'. Then a folder will appear in C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\Skins, and in that folder will be the bitmaps for the aircraft's skin. Rename the folder as the next skin (if theres, say, 8 F6F skins, your folder should be F6F5_9). Then put in a file called F6F5 or whatever the plane is and put **** by **** and the skin can be selected in the hangar offline.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Custom Skin
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »
There is already a VMF214 skin in game - you can download it from
here:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/download/skins/index.html

Offline Tails80

• Zinc Member
Ok.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »
But is there anyway to make one,? Cause i want it to be realistic,,
_____________________________ ______________
The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Proud Member of the VMF-214 Black Sheep

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Custom Skin
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 02:37:20 PM »
I'm sure the VMF214 skin available is realistic, Tails.   Here's a pic of it:

Most custom skins are vetted before this group by the skinners during development, and after they are submitted they are subject to approval by HTC.   They must be historically accurate to get into the game.

If you want to make your own, yep, its possible.   You can check out the stickied threads at the top of this forum for instructions...

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Custom Skin
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 04:04:19 PM »
Yup. I've got the photo to prove it.

I also have 17740, also of VMF-214, completed and just needing to be submitted.

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ok.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 04:04:47 PM »
Originally posted by Tails80
But is there anyway to make one,? Cause i want it to be realistic,,

Go to hangar, select the plane you want to skin, go up to the skin select, right click and choose 'Save Default Skin'. Then a folder will appear in C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\Skins, and in that folder will be the bitmaps for the aircraft's skin. Rename the folder as the next skin (if theres, say, 8 F6F skins, your folder should be F6F5_9). Then put in a file called F6F5 or whatever the plane is and put **** by **** and the skin can be selected in the hangar offline.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Custom Skin
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
Yup. I've got the photo to prove it.

I also have 17740, also of VMF-214, completed and just needing to be submitted.

Sax,

Submit this beauty ASAP!

Hoping the reset of all the arenas tomorrows means a new skin distribution.   Should be getting close anyway been a long time since any new skins were released.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Custom Skin
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »
Submitted. Along with VMF-122's all-aluminum SS11, and VMO-251's White 22.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Custom Skin
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 09:52:07 AM »
Looking forward to seeing them in game!