Author Topic: adonai  (Read 6005 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2008, 11:29:45 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Really, Dr. Phil?   You do not know me, and therefore should try and avoid putting your foot so far up your patooty!:aok   I find playing this game as a very nice "guy/personna" to be very boring.  That's just my take on it.

P1- very nice shot.  
P2- Thanks, very good evasives.
P1- No, thank you, I got lucky even hanging with you that long.
P2- Quite the contrary, if I didn't get lucky you would have easily killed me.
P1-You're too kind, I was lucky to stay in the fight that long.
P2- No, you're the kind one, I got very lucky with my desperate shot right before you would have killed me.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah :rolleyes:

:noid

fair enough. for me i find just saying 'gf' after every single fight to be a bit mercenary and bot like and sometimes even plain rude. what? you cant even be bother to write out 'good fight' in full? Imagine two ww2 vets on opposing sides meeting up after the war and realising they had fought each other. then they both say 'gf' then walk off. :lol

i much prefer fighting someone who i know is a real person being themself while playing the game. if the fight deserves additional verbal after it was a just a really good fight, you dont have to bullchit with false modesty like in your example on every single fight to be a 'nice guy persona'. maybe some people are just being themselves and so most of the time are nice guys genuinely? we all have bad moments and thats what defines a real person who is just good natured apart from a 'nice guy persona'.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
adonai
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2008, 06:31:10 AM »
Originally posted by LancerVT
Same here. Class act all the way. :aok

Ditto

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2008, 06:48:31 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Why should I have to detune 200 just for one or two bad apples? If you ask just squelch, I do but I sometimes forget and it's a pain having to .squelch the same people over and over.

They are the ones who should have to detune 200 and by HT, not the majority of the community that treat each other with a little respect as it should be. Little banter is fine, but constant whining,insults and degrading remarks towards others isn't.

...-Gixer

If you don't like what you hear, then detune!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2008, 06:50:40 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
fair enough. for me i find just saying 'gf' after every single fight to be a bit mercenary and bot like and sometimes even plain rude. what? you cant even be bother to write out 'good fight' in full? Imagine two ww2 vets on opposing sides meeting up after the war and realising they had fought each other. then they both say 'gf' then walk off. :lol

i much prefer fighting someone who i know is a real person being themself while playing the game. if the fight deserves additional verbal after it was a just a really good fight, you dont have to bullchit with false modesty like in your example on every single fight to be a 'nice guy persona'. maybe some people are just being themselves and so most of the time are nice guys genuinely? we all have bad moments and thats what defines a real person who is just good natured apart from a 'nice guy persona'.
you can usually tell a nice person from chatting with them one on one.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
adonai
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2008, 07:11:55 AM »
all hail the great and powerful OZZ

pay no mind to the little man behind the curtain
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
adonai
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
all the times I fought bat he was class act whe he shot me down or i him.    we were haveing a pretty good battle 1 on 1 when another red came in and he asked to keep out .  the guy incaged and he disincaged when i shot the guy down he reincaged .   (S) to bat

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
adonai
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »
hmmmm 6 pages for adonnia only 3 pages for STORCH. adonnia must be a bigger icon then STORCH ?? hardly seems fair!

no offense adonnia, i fully support you, no matter who you justly or unjustly anger or frustrate!! :) :) :aok
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 02:30:42 PM by captain1ma »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »
Originally posted by v1st
all the times I fought bat he was class act whe he shot me down or i him.    we were haveing a pretty good battle 1 on 1 when another red came in and he asked to keep out .  the guy incaged and he disincaged when i shot the guy down he reincaged .   (S) to bat

I would have to agree Batfink has always been a class act, even when he has lost.

Case in point. Quite awhile back I was in a Tempest over one of my teams bases that was under attack. I check my 6 and 2 Corsairs are closing on me, so I nose down a bit to build some speed, then level out and run like I stole a plasma screen tv. :D

The Corsairs naturally kept following. Once I had enough distance between us I started to climb, as soon as I was about 2k above them I dove back in and killed both the Corsairs who just happened to be Sled and Batfink.

Batfink sent me a PM and congratulated me on the kills and said that was very well played.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
adonai
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »
If you don't like what you hear, then detune!

Read the first sentence.

...-Gixer

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2008, 05:36:35 PM »
Originally posted by Roundeye
So is.....

P1-I owned you
P2-You picked me when I was engaged with 4 nme
P1-n00b
P2-Alt monkey
P1-Spit dweeb
P2-Cherry picker
P1- I'm the best at this game and all the chicks will dig me

blah blah blah

any better?

:noid
Yes, very much, now I feel like kicking his arse, which is what war is all about!  :D

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
adonai
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2008, 06:29:51 PM »
Yes, very much, now I feel like kicking his arse, which is what war is all about!  :D

GIVE ME BACK MY SCALP! :D
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
adonai
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »
Originally posted by captain1ma
hmmmm 6 pages for adonnia only 3 pages for STORCH. adonnia must be a bigger icon then STORCH ?? hardly seems fair!
The Storch thread was locked which would make page count comparison's irrelevant. I think it would be more relevant to measure the volume of spittle produced when their detractors foam at the mouth in anger and frustration.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks