Author Topic: adonai  (Read 6020 times)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
adonai
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 07:36:07 AM »
Adonai, why dont you just take him in the DA??? If you provoke fights atleast step up when they challange you to the DA.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 08:30:08 AM »
Player- "Adonia, why not lets just go to the DA where we can have a few fights that are on an equal basis?"

Adonia-  "Shut it, I just pwned you, why would I need to go to the DA and do it."

Player-  "Because you talked crap just then when you were the 4th plane to take an attempt on me while I was already fighting 3."

Adonia-  "I easily took your 6 position and shot you out of the air."

Player-  "I realise you got the kill, but I was in a rolling scissors with 3 others when you got me.  Why not just lets go to the DA for some 1 vs 1 in equal planes and equal E if you want to brag, then after actually fighting me 1 vs 1 would be a good time for that?"

Adonia-  "I've already pwned you, now stop whining."

From the encounters I've had with Adonia, it's usually he above the fight on the edges of a furball cherry picking or gangbanging.  I think Bat would slap him around for sure but Adonia is not ready for his ego to be crushed like that.  Some just refuse an invitation to fight because they are unsure of themselves in a 1 vs 1 down in the dirt actual fight, and some are just fearful they would lose face and their rank/clout position in the MA!  Others see it as too abrasive of an offer to partake in, and still then some just see it as childish.  One thing is for certain, the TA is where newbs learn, and the DA is where newb graduates learn.

If you're in the dark about how to use acm and stall fighting to it's full potential in a 1 vs 1, then cherrypicking 1000 planes a month is going to bring you no closer to that knowlege, only fighting will.:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
adonai
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 08:43:23 AM »
I was in MW the other day and little don was griping about being HO'd constantly. The first time I encounter him he is attacking one of our bases with a bunch of others. I am flying out and see his corsair coming straight in (at the time I did not know who it was). It looks like he is going for the Ho so I dive and watch as he presses his nose down to make the HO.  I can only assume that the HO's he was griping about are ones he instigated and lost. As it ended up one of his higher friends came in and finished my 38 as I was rolling onto little don's 6.

Funny part is when I called him on the HO he immediately tried to say I was the one that HO'd. He then kept on whining about HO's.

He should paint his face and join Ringling Brothers.

No matter what anyone thinks or says of theirself. The community will see the real person over time. The community judges you by your actions not by what you say about yourself.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 08:48:44 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
adonai
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
Adonai is without a doubt the most odious little person I have had the misfortune to run across.

My first action upon entering the main arena is to squelch him.  I would gladly pay double my subscription if he was removed from the game.

Regards

wipass

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
adonai
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 08:52:43 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Seems to me it's just the ongoing cycle of Aces High.  Any of us who have been around any length of time have seen it numerous times.

It's part of progressing from thinking anything we do in the game matters to realizing it's just for fun and that all the chest thumping, calling em out, I'm gonna kick your cartoon backside from here to there is just what some folks have to go through before they figure it out.

We've all done it to some degree or another, thinking we, our squad, our 'flying' ability or something else we've done makes us king of the hill.  We can all name many a player who has never lost a fight outside of those where the other guy:
-picked
-pulled his cable
-stick stirred
-HO'd
-ran to friends
-Was in an LA, Spit 16 or whatever dweeb plane you want to name
-

Once you get past that, the game is much more fun.  And generally everyone gets there.

Just not worth getting worked up about.  Until we start really dying it just doesn't matter who thinks they're 'bestest"

All the cartoon 'smack talk' in the world, amounts to absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things :)

Everything Corky said.  This is so true!:aok

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »
Originally posted by Adonai
[To Ack-ack]Do you always instigate a fight while climbing to 20k?

Interesting response..once Bat's film is posted your previous claims proved to be lies, I suppose diverting attention by attacking another victim only makes sense.

That is, it makes sense if someone lacks the kind of basic integrity we're suposed to learn in kindergarten. As in, "I sorry I took your jello. It was bad."

As a wise person said long ago, "A man's character determines his destiny." Or in more modern terms, "People usually get the relationships they deserve." So best wishes for you if you continue on your current course, Adonai.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:09:38 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
adonai
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »
For the past two weeks, I have seen this between two other players against Adonia. They both asked him to DA and he began to insult the player and calling him a "wuss".
Now I know that Adoina would beat me easy in the DA, but the people who he was bad mouthing too, were some decent players.

It dosen't make sense to me that you can talk all of the crap Adonia, and not back it up. If you think that you are better than he is by beating him in the MA, then your wrong. I asked you a few times to DA these people so I didn't have to listen to this crap on ch 200.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
adonai
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 09:46:05 AM »
This is a perfect example of why you should detune 200.   Before I eradicated 200 from my radio, I cannot tell you one, repeat, one positive thing coming over that freq.  The game is much more enjoyable without it.

No matter how by-the-book you score a kill, someone at some point is going to whine, cry and complain on 200 about it.  They attempt to get under your skin and force a reaction from you.  With 200 off, you never see it.  They get no reaction and they look stupid crying to nobody.  You win, they lose...twice.
"Rotorhed"

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
adonai
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
ya know, it's funny.

I have yet to have someone complain about me killing them on 200.

I just wanna have that satisfaction sometime.

So, if you happen to have read this, and if by some miracle I'm able to shoot you down, please be a good sport and at least call me a few dirty names....maybe even question my mother's honor, if you feel so inclined.

You will be rewarded!  Compensation shall be determined upon the circumstances (as well as the quality of the public berating), but I assure you, you will log that night satisfied.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this manner.  Have a nice flight. :)
"You rebel scum"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
adonai
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 09:54:51 AM »
Originally posted by Roundeye

No matter how by-the-book you score a kill, someone at some point is going to whine, cry and complain on 200 about it.  

Spot on roundeye.   PM's or salutes.  If the PM's are outright stupidity I'll put them right then squelch.

200 always seems to be much louder when all the Americans login.

:t
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2008, 09:57:08 AM »
Originally posted by Roundeye
This is a perfect example of why you should detune 200.   Before I eradicated 200 from my radio, I cannot tell you one, repeat, one positive thing coming over that freq.  The game is much more enjoyable without it.

I'd disagree on this one. I've had some great conversations on 200 -- joking around, talking about stuff, just being friendly. We've got a great community, with high quality people playing all countries. I'd miss that if I detuned 200.

The problems we see come from a small (but very vocal) minority. When particular guys start getting on my nerves, I just squelch those individuals. Lets the text buffer scroll MUCH more slowly, keeps me from getting irritated, but lets me chat with the good folk still around.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:04:03 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
adonai
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2008, 10:01:11 AM »
yes Simaril that is the down side to de-tuning.  

No harm in talking to someone you've had a good fight with via PM.

Until we get perma squelch I would still rather Bin 200 until then.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
adonai
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2008, 10:03:13 AM »
Yup...

200 is a big barrel with just a few rotten apples. Much easier to just detune the bad apples vs ignoring the channel as a whole.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
adonai
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2008, 10:15:29 AM »
So I read this post this morning before I left for work, and I thought a little more about my encounters with both players.  First off, my encounters with Batfink; I first met Batfink last year.  I was in the DA with some members of my old squad, we were just DAing each other for practice.  Bat kindly asked if he could fly with us, and naturally welcomed the addition.  He flew marvelously with and against us and was polite and respectful to us the entire time. At the end of the evening he very graciously said “thank you for allowing me to fly with you guys tonight” and offered us a nice salute.  Another time I had the encounter with Bat in the MA, after a couple of roll, flips, stalls, and turns I was left wondering where my tail section had gone.  It was a clean fight, and a very good fight. A salute was sent and no foul words or anything of that nature were exchanged.   Bat has earned my respect time and time again.  

As for one my first experience with Adonna, he was still a Bishop at the time, I recall that he was spouting off how all the Bishops are idiots and so on, or this guy HO’ed me rammed me, picked me ect ect.  Then he moves to the Rooks.  I thought, well there is a nice change.  I myself tune 200; I enjoy talking to many of the other players on the other countries.   But as of late I also get to see when Adonna dies.  Its usually “HOtard, rammer, picker, noob, ect ect.   I have zero respect for a person like this.  

People like Bat, SkyRock, and countless others that will shoot you down then explain what you could have done differently to perhaps learn and maybe on the next encounter have a better chance of survival are the players I have respect for.   So with that said; I have $50.00 on Bat.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
adonai
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »
That was quite possibly the best 190 "turn fight" I've ever seen...
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech