Author Topic: In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man  (Read 691 times)

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:43:33 PM »
I read this and it pretty much fits how I feel; I wonder how the rest of you weigh in on it?

Gary Hubbell
February 9, 2008

There is a great amount of interest in this year’s presidential elections, as everybody seems to recognize that our next president has to be a lot better than George Bush. The Democrats are riding high with two groundbreaking candidates — a woman and an African-American — while the conservative Republicans are in a quandary about their party’s nod to a quasi-liberal maverick, John McCain.

Each candidate is carefully pandering to a smorgasbord of special-interest groups, ranging from gay, lesbian and transgender people to children of illegal immigrants to working mothers to evangelical Christians.

There is one group no one has recognized, and it is the group that will decide the election: the Angry White Man. The Angry White Man comes from all economic backgrounds, from dirt-poor to filthy rich. He represents all geographic areas in America, from urban sophisticate to rural redneck, deep South to mountain West, left Coast to Eastern Seaboard.

His common traits are that he isn’t looking for anything from anyone — just the promise to be able to make his own way on a level playing field. In many cases, he is an independent businessman and employs several people. He pays more than his share of taxes and works hard.

The victimhood syndrome buzzwords — “disenfranchised,” “marginalized” and “voiceless” — don’t resonate with him. “Press ‘one’ for English” is a curse-word to him. He’s used to picking up the tab, whether it’s the company Christmas party, three sets of braces, three college educations or a beautiful wedding.

He believes the Constitution is to be interpreted literally, not as a “living document” open to the whims and vagaries of a panel of judges who have never worked an honest day in their lives.

The Angry White Man owns firearms, and he’s willing to pick up a gun to defend his home and his country. He is willing to lay down his life to defend the freedom and safety of others, and the thought of killing someone who needs killing really doesn’t bother him.

The Angry White Man is not a metrosexual, a homosexual or a victim. Nobody like him drowned in Hurricane Katrina — he got his people together and got the hell out, then went back in to rescue those too helpless and stupid to help themselves, often as a police officer, a National Guard soldier or a volunteer firefighter.

His last name and religion don’t matter. His background might be Italian, English, Polish, German, Slavic, Irish, or Russian, and he might have Cherokee, Mexican, or Puerto Rican mixed in, but he considers himself a white American.

He’s a man’s man, the kind of guy who likes to play poker, watch football, hunt white-tailed deer, call turkeys, play golf, spend a few bucks at a strip club once in a blue moon, change his own oil and build things. He coaches baseball, soccer and football teams and doesn’t ask for a penny. He’s the kind of guy who can put an addition on his house with a couple of friends, drill an oil well, weld a new bumper for his truck, design a factory and publish books. He can fill a train with 100,000 tons of coal and get it to the power plant on time so that you keep the lights on and never know what it took to flip that light switch.

Women either love him or hate him, but they know he’s a man, not a dishrag. If they’re looking for someone to walk all over, they’ve got the wrong guy. He stands up straight, opens doors for women and says “Yes, sir” and “No, ma’am.”

He might be a Republican and he might be a Democrat; he might be a Libertarian or a Green. He knows that his wife is more emotional than rational, and he guides the family in a rational manner.

He’s not a racist, but he is annoyed and disappointed when people of certain backgrounds exhibit behavior that typifies the worst stereotypes of their race. He’s willing to give everybody a fair chance if they work hard, play by the rules and learn English.

Most important, the Angry White Man is pissed off. When his job site becomes flooded with illegal workers who don’t pay taxes and his wages drop like a stone, he gets righteously angry. When his job gets shipped overseas, and he has to speak to some incomprehensible idiot in India for tech support, he simmers. When Al Sharpton comes on TV, leading some rally for reparations for slavery or some such nonsense, he bites his tongue and he remembers. When a child gets charged with carrying a concealed weapon for mistakenly bringing a penknife to school, he takes note of who the local idiots are in education and law enforcement.

He also votes, and the Angry White Man loathes Hillary Clinton. Her voice reminds him of a shovel scraping a rock. He recoils at the mere sight of her on television. Her very image disgusts him, and he cannot fathom why anyone would want her as their leader. It’s not that she is a woman. It’s that she is who she is. It’s the liberal victim groups she panders to, the “poor me” attitude that she represents, her inability to give a straight answer to an honest question, his tax dollars that she wants to give to people who refuse to do anything for themselves.

There are many millions of Angry White Men. Four million Angry White Men are members of the National Rifle Association, and all of them will vote against Hillary Clinton, just as the great majority of them voted for George Bush.

He hopes that she will be the Democratic nominee for president in 2008, and he will make sure that she gets beaten like a drum.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 09:44:08 PM »
Didn't we already have this dicussion?

:confused:
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:19:21 AM »
Nice... The title pulled me in like a well... ehhh ....angry white man. And I thought I was just a cranky conservative..  
 In this election no matter who wins, someone is going to feel like they got screwed no matter what the outcome is, and the driveby's are going to bang the drums of discontent as hard as they can...

Think about this largely under reported episode, "only Bush would go to Palestine"
Discuss amongst yourselves...

TJ

Wheres that angry canadian nash been?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 05:58:17 AM »
In this election no matter who wins, someone is going to feel like they got screwed no matter what the outcome is, and the driveby's are going to bang the drums of discontent as hard as they can...

eh....isn't that what we've seen over the last 2 elections already?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Angry White Men
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 06:50:32 AM »
sound like a minority to me ...
I believe the gay, black & hispanic communities along with the dizzy females have them outnumbered 5 to 1
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 04:18:03 AM »
Originally posted by Elfie
eh....isn't that what we've seen over the last 2 elections already?

Well ehh, no, or maybe if you consider Bill Clinton a black candidate and a woman?! He is considered the first black candidate so in that regard I guess your correct... This election is a different kind of screwed then the last two elections.
In the last two elections the best candidate won, in this election will it be the popular not so accomplished candidate or the moderate white guy, or angry white guy.

TJ

Offline rstel01

• Copper Member
Awesome Editorial From Aspen Times
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 09:08:42 AM »

Gary Hubbell
February 9, 2008

Print  Email

There is a great amount of interest in this year’s presidential elections, as everybody seems to recognize that our next president has to be a lot better than George Bush. The Democrats are riding high with two groundbreaking candidates — a woman and an African-American — while the conservative Republicans are in a quandary about their party’s nod to a quasi-liberal maverick, John McCain.

Each candidate is carefully pandering to a smorgasbord of special-interest groups, ranging from gay, lesbian and transgender people to children of illegal immigrants to working mothers to evangelical Christians.

There is one group no one has recognized, and it is the group that will decide the election: the Angry White Man. The Angry White Man comes from all economic backgrounds, from dirt-poor to filthy rich. He represents all geographic areas in America, from urban sophisticate to rural redneck, deep South to mountain West, left Coast to Eastern Seaboard.

His common traits are that he isn’t looking for anything from anyone — just the promise to be able to make his own way on a level playing field. In many cases, he is an independent businessman and employs several people. He pays more than his share of taxes and works hard.

The victimhood syndrome buzzwords — “disenfranchised,” “marginalized” and “voiceless” — don’t resonate with him. “Press ‘one’ for English” is a curse-word to him. He’s used to picking up the tab, whether it’s the company Christmas party, three sets of braces, three college educations or a beautiful wedding.

He believes the Constitution is to be interpreted literally, not as a “living document” open to the whims and vagaries of a panel of judges who have never worked an honest day in their lives.

The Angry White Man owns firearms, and he’s willing to pick up a gun to defend his home and his country. He is willing to lay down his life to defend the freedom and safety of others, and the thought of killing someone who needs killing really doesn’t bother him.

The Angry White Man is not a metrosexual, a homosexual or a victim. Nobody like him drowned in Hurricane Katrina — he got his people together and got the hell out, then went back in to rescue those too helpless and stupid to help themselves, often as a police officer, a National Guard soldier or a volunteer firefighter.

His last name and religion don’t matter. His background might be Italian, English, Polish, German, Slavic, Irish, or Russian, and he might have Cherokee, Mexican, or Puerto Rican mixed in, but he considers himself a white American.

He’s a man’s man, the kind of guy who likes to play poker, watch football, hunt white-tailed deer, call turkeys, play golf, spend a few bucks at a strip club once in a blue moon, change his own oil and build things. He coaches baseball, soccer and football teams and doesn’t ask for a penny. He’s the kind of guy who can put an addition on his house with a couple of friends, drill an oil well, weld a new bumper for his truck, design a factory and publish books. He can fill a train with 100,000 tons of coal and get it to the power plant on time so that you keep the lights on and never know what it took to flip that light switch.

Women either love him or hate him, but they know he’s a man, not a dishrag. If they’re looking for someone to walk all over, they’ve got the wrong guy. He stands up straight, opens doors for women and says “Yes, sir” and “No, ma’am.”

He might be a Republican and he might be a Democrat; he might be a Libertarian or a Green. He knows that his wife is more emotional than rational, and he guides the family in a rational manner.

He’s not a racist, but he is annoyed and disappointed when people of certain backgrounds exhibit behavior that typifies the worst stereotypes of their race. He’s willing to give everybody a fair chance if they work hard, play by the rules and learn English.

Most important, the Angry White Man is pissed off. When his job site becomes flooded with illegal workers who don’t pay taxes and his wages drop like a stone, he gets righteously angry. When his job gets shipped overseas, and he has to speak to some incomprehensible idiot in India for tech support, he simmers. When Al Sharpton comes on TV, leading some rally for reparations for slavery or some such nonsense, he bites his tongue and he remembers. When a child gets charged with carrying a concealed weapon for mistakenly bringing a penknife to school, he takes note of who the local idiots are in education and law enforcement.

He also votes, and the Angry White Man loathes Hillary Clinton. Her voice reminds him of a shovel scraping a rock. He recoils at the mere sight of her on television. Her very image disgusts him, and he cannot fathom why anyone would want her as their leader. It’s not that she is a woman. It’s that she is who she is. It’s the liberal victim groups she panders to, the “poor me” attitude that she represents, her inability to give a straight answer to an honest question, his tax dollars that she wants to give to people who refuse to do anything for themselves.

There are many millions of Angry White Men. Four million Angry White Men are members of the National Rifle Association, and all of them will vote against Hillary Clinton, just as the great majority of them voted for George Bush.

He hopes that she will be the Democratic nominee for president in 2008, and he will make sure that she gets beaten like a drum.

Gary Hubbell is a regular columnist with the Aspen Times Weekly

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 04:25:37 PM »
Oh the irony!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Didn't we already have this dicussion?

:confused:
Yep, we did.

Oh yeah.. IN.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 07:56:32 PM »
maybe it's time to discuss it again.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 08:00:32 PM »
Just as relevant as the first time it was posted.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »
I keep hearing the victimhood play.. one black guy I was talking to was convinced that obama wouldn't last more than 10 minutes in office before some white guy 'takes him out'.

After I stopped laughing I had to prove to him that as a safe career choice for a black man, politician had to rank #1.. as evidence, I asked him why farakan, jackson and sharpton were still walking around? Then I took it to the next level... why is OJ still walking around? Told him 'national celebrity or politician was a safer job for a black guy than driving a UPS truck in harlem.'

stereotypes and victimhood.. and reverse racisim. my point that the reason obama was electable was because a huge number of white people are voting for him... right over his head. 'whitey is racist, obama won't last because whitey will find a way to take him out.'

annoying as all hell, just no reasoning with people raised in welfare societies.. seems they are planning on being 'victims' even if obama wins.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 06:42:18 AM »
have a hunch there would be more "unrest" if obama loses than if McCain lost .. just a hunch...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 09:08:01 AM »
I predict that not matter what happens, Obama, win or loose, there will be riots, and win or loose it will be the same group of people rioting.

Any takers?

By the way, it won't be the "Angry White Man" doing the rioting. He'll be sitting inside the front door of his home, 12 gauge in hand, waiting for the first ultra melon rioter to try and walk through the door.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 09:38:08 AM »
I predict that not matter what happens, Obama, win or loose, there will be riots, and win or loose it will be the same group of people rioting.

Any takers?

By the way, it won't be the "Angry White Man" doing the rioting. He'll be sitting inside the front door of his home, 12 gauge in hand, waiting for the first ultra melon rioter to try and walk through the door.

To hell with the door. I just want them in range. ;)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------