Author Topic: <S> Axis  (Read 562 times)

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
<S> Axis
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:27:01 AM »
GJ Dantoo,

looks like you got us. 5 of our ships and 108 of our AC.

We got the Turpitz, but lost a lot doing it.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
<S> Axis
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 07:30:21 AM »
Sled

My hat is off to the guys that flew the plan and beyond.  Viper, Joker, Daddog, Stampf, BearKats and the list just keeps flowing.

At about the hour mark a transformer just up the road from the house blew up.  I reckon I did about a millisecond later :)  No power for 8 hours!  I grabbed the cell phone and tried to do a handover through a squaddie but it wasn't exactly slick.

I will try to find out what happened after the first 55 minutes later today.
Hope everyone found some action.  
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
<S> Axis
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 10:18:35 AM »
It was ugly. Snibbo said you wanted me in charge. It went down hill from there.

Actually except for BearKats and crew down south it was pretty quiet. Drano and some others caught a few F4U's up north. They bagged one of my guys. The rest of us flew around using up Hermann Gorings motorcade gas. ;)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
<S> Axis
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:41:41 AM »
I was with the 109G14's the the Jokers Jokers.

to the F4u1A's up north was good fights.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
<S> Axis
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 11:31:12 AM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
I was with the 109G14's the the Jokers Jokers.

to the F4u1A's up north was good fights.

It was good stuff Vans, the clouds made for a very interesting engagement. Now you see him , now you don't. It was like hide and seek until our fuel ran low, then we found a patch of open sky.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
<S> Axis
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 12:24:58 PM »
My hat is off to the guys that flew the plan and beyond. Viper, Joker, Daddog, Stampf, BearKats and the list just keeps flowing.

Sector 10-13 was the North Sea Triangle for the allies last night.  Many came in, but none escaped or were ever seen again. :aok

Nice fight C-hawks.

Edit: Sector 10 - 13. (originally posted 8 -13).  Salute to the 367th, the Air Raiders, and Clowns of Death, who made up the Green defensive force.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:19:19 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
<S> Axis
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »
Yeah I almost wished that we hadn't done such a good job on the first wave in 10-13, we did such a good job wiping them out that none were left to rearm and make a second assault, it was 5min of action and a hour & a half of defensive patrol.  Axis & Green defensive force.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
<S> Axis
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »
It was ugly. Snibbo said you wanted me in charge. It went down hill from there.

LOL :D

Thanks for grabbing the hospital pass.  Despite your rugged good looks, calm demeanor and personable charm, I threw the ball to you because of where you were on the map.  The guys around you were half-primed for a second strike if needed and you already had a CCC setup going.  It seems it was good decision.  :)

The frustration I felt sitting in a quiet darkened room!  Usually I have an XO standing by to jump in but unfortunately he couldn't make it at the last minute.  I  didn't have time to prepare anybody else with a full briefing.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
<S> Axis
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 06:53:23 PM »
Originally posted by Dantoo
LOL :D

Thanks for grabbing the hospital pass.  Despite your rugged good looks, calm demeanor and personable charm, I threw the ball to you because of where you were on the map.  The guys around you were half-primed for a second strike if needed and you already had a CCC setup going.  It seems it was good decision.  :)

The frustration I felt sitting in a quiet darkened room!  Usually I have an XO standing by to jump in but unfortunately he couldn't make it at the last minute.  I  didn't have time to prepare anybody else with a full briefing.

Hearing this makes me feel SOOOO much better, makes the loss that much more of an insult.

:lol
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.