Author Topic: 1st kill  (Read 3292 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »
Originally posted by wrag
I've heard there one of the few Cats that can be domesticated sorta?
I've heard over and over the exact opposite, mean SOB's, never to be trusted in a "domestic" situation even like a zoo...

1 main thing many don't know: cheetahs can not retract their claws, they are always out.

makes that little bit of "play" interesting.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
1st kill
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 06:12:05 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
Then why are you here commenting?

You should see the life that chicken you had for dinner last night had. Hypocrite! I could try and explain wildlife management to you but no doubt youv seen one to many Disney movies.

It tastes like Chicken John. Yaknow? The KFC kind that lived its 6 mo life in a shoebox and then got its horrified little head chopped off. Or sometimes it tastes like beef. The kind they raise in the closet and then cut its terrified throat so regulator and Indy can east their cheeseburgers.

I dated a woman a few years ago that was a vegetarian.   Big mistake, but she was so good looking when I looked at her working out at our gym, that I could not resist.   She could not cook worth anything, too, not even decent vegetarian meals.  :(

Her two kids though ( she was divorced like me at the time ), were VEGANS!   They were even more radical than she was.

Since there was never any decent food to eat at her house, I once made the huge mistake of bringing over some KFC for myself, so I would be able to eat.  Her kids were not around, and she was OK with it.   After finishing, I put the KFC box and other stuff in the garbage can in the kitchen.

Well, the daughter comes home ( dressed in her usual all black clothing and wearing all of her piercings ), and she finds the KFC box in the garbage!   A most unholy loud scream then erupts from the kitchen!   And then she comes rushing out of the kitchen with the garbage can in her arms, out the front door of the house, and flings the can out onto their front yard, spilling the contents all over the yard.

Then then SCREAMS at me what an utter MONSTER I am, and goes on and on about how KFC chickens are tortured and abused, and warns me to never, ever bring ANY chicken into their house again.

I stopped seeing her mother about 10 days after that event.  Both of her kids absolutely hated me, especially after they found out that I was also a hunter, besides being an immoral meat eater.

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
1st kill
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 06:17:38 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I want to shoot a cheetah on the run.

I think that you would need both a helicopter and a shotgun in order to do that.

Although I suppose an M2 might be up to the job.

Neither of these techniques, though, is legal for hunting anywhere that I know of.

Besides, I believe that Namibia is now the only country left in Africa that allows any Cheetah hunting.   And even if you managed to get one there, US law would prevent you from bringing the trophy back into the USA.

So it would be sort of pointless to spend a fortune to hunt such a rare animal, as you would not even be able to keep your trophy.

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
1st kill
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 06:28:43 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
Never understood the attraction in shooting something defenseless just for fun.

Our ancestors have been predators for 200,000 years.  Killing is built into our DNA for the male of our species, as we have spent the vast majority of that time living as hunter/gatherers.

One local rancher recently had a cougar come in one night and kill 18 of his sheep, even though it only dragged off one to eat.   Why did it kill the other 17??

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
1st kill
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 06:45:17 PM »
Originally posted by SIG220
There is nothing more delicious than pheasant.   They are gorgeous birds too.

Look how beautiful these ones I shot are:

It was almost a shame to yank their skin off when I cleaned them for cooking, as they looked so pretty.
Good looking pheasants, I started hunting pheasants when I was 13, my dad would take me, bought me my first gun for it too, a Remington 4-10, I have 1 male & 1 Female mounted, the female is 1 of my dads.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline FTDEEP

• Copper Member
1st kill
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 07:01:25 PM »
dont all dumbazz hunters say the same stupid thing after they shoot them.."oh their so butifull.." wanna play g.i.joe  go to iraq . i hate hunters. i would never teach my kid to kill defenseless animals. but hey..what ever makes u feel like a man. me i get chicks..girls. nobody gets hurt nodody dies. try it sometime. maybe you found one to put up with cave man habits..but if u had many..killing animals would be the last thing on your mind. hunters are a special breed. killing is sex to them. i seen enuff hunting shows to know these guys just creamed thier cammies after  a  kill.. i feel sorry for your son. then they always bend down put the animals head on their lap for the big pose ! wow you shot an animal how many yards away with a high powered scope.the animal didnt have a chance..i'm so squealing impressed...hunters died out with supermarkets and convienient stores..you just like to kill. if u could kil people and get away with it u would..u aint crappin me...hunters need therapy.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »
Originally posted by FTDEEP
dont all dumbazz hunters say the same stupid thing after they shoot them.."oh their so butifull.." wanna play g.i.joe  go to iraq . i hate hunters. i would never teach my kid to kill defenseless animals. but hey..what ever makes u feel like a man. me i get chicks..girls. nobody gets hurt nodody dies. try it sometime. maybe you found one to put up with cave man habits..but if u had many..killing animals would be the last thing on your mind. hunters are a special breed. killing is sex to them. i seen enuff hunting shows to know these guys just creamed thier cammies after  a  kill.. i feel sorry for your son. then they always bend down put the animals head on their lap for the big pose ! wow you shot an animal how many yards away with a high powered scope.the animal didnt have a chance..i'm so squealing impressed...hunters died out with supermarkets and convienient stores..you just like to kill. if u could kil people and get away with it u would..u aint crappin me...hunters need therapy.

Interesting point of view, underscored with particularly poor spelling and grammar. Signs of someone with perhaps a limited education and limited knowledge of the world.

I just took up hunting again for exercise, I find it's good motivation. I also hunt pests, specifically rabbits and hares. I'd like to expand this to deer, pig, and maybe goats. All are considered significant pests in NZ. Rabbits for example destroy plant life, often creating soil problems such as erosion. They also create hazards for livestock (holes).
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:10:57 PM by Vulcan »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »
A hunting thread sure brings out the folks who have no clue about nature, game management or food chain but sure are judgemental about something they know very little about.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 07:28:45 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
A hunting thread sure brings out the folks who have no clue about nature, game management or food chain but sure are judgemental about something they know very little about.
to take a bit of issue with this, I admit up front I am not a hunter, and probably never could, I'm a wuss...

what about hunting of animals like Tigers, Rhinos, and other seriously deprived species?

I am in NO WAY an animal activist, should be known from my time here, hell I love a good PETA raid, I just suck at trolling, anyway, Tigers for example are just freakin cool! I'd love to have grand children some day to be able to see footage maybe of a live wild tiger doing what it does, something like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foUVt2d2AMM

but I really do believe if I live as long as most of my other family members there will not be a single tiger left in the wild.

Yeah it would be cool to be a hunter and bag a tiger, if they were plentiful like birds and ****, but this isn't fantasy land.

what are your thoughts on something like that?

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 07:37:32 PM »
hunters died out with supermarkets and convienient stores.

Best line in the whole jumbled up mess.
Sort of says it all doesn`t it? :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
1st kill
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 07:56:05 PM »
Guess what, alot of places if you didn't have hunting the population of an animal like Deer would get to large and they would eat through there food supply and then start starving off, you need people to go in and hunt to thin out the population so that doesn't happen, otherwise your gonna have Deer all over the place going into populated places in search of food.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 08:22:48 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
Guess what, alot of places if you didn't have hunting the population of an animal like Deer would get to large and they would eat through there food supply and then start starving off, you need people to go in and hunt to thin out the population so that doesn't happen, otherwise your gonna have Deer all over the place going into populated places in search of food.
thing is if 1/2 the board is "honest" as they profess simple evolution would say that is the way of nature creating balance.

so what is the excuse then for hunting?

me, I don't like venison, actually hate it, but I defend hunters here in WI, that is their right, and correct as you stated it. I don't hunt because I feel bad about killing something I don't intend on eating, and have a weak stomach.

Show me an evolutionist that A: supports sport hunting and B: claims the herd needs to be culled. If they say the herd needs to be culled, well that right there throws a giant monkey wrench in survival of the fittest, and natural balance. See in WI the chronic wasting disease in the deer (similar to mad cow disease) is rampant. If the natural evolution takes it course in a few years WI and all the surround states will not have a single healthy deer for possible consumption.

Umm oops I just opened a quagmire of ethical, moral, and survival dilemmas.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
1st kill
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 08:44:18 PM »
The thing is it's a sport, not a popular one for some, but it is one, and in America if it's what you want to do it's your right to do it, theres alot of things I might not like, but if it's legal to do, it's your right to do it.  It's like fishing, if you fish and don't throw it back then whats the difference from that and hunting, both sports.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »

First off I never did hunt for trophy, I hunted for meat and would have been happy with taking a doe rather than a buck.

I have done varmint hunting to help control the numbers of problem critters on my Uncle's ranch.

Trying to call on evolution in this case is hardly a good idea. Nature is no longer working alone, there is a tremendous population pressure of humans and their livestock. This throws nature off the cycle and requires human intervention to manage the herd and prevent over population or under population. Nature is quite content to let the population die out or cause significant problems for humans due to overpopulation. Even in a large park like Yellowstone, population issues are causing problems for the main park and surrounding area. Using hunting to manage the population keeps the main population healthy and lessens problems with human encroachment into their habitat or the other way around.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 09:05:53 PM »
but that is a direct contradiction to "evolution" as my understanding is.
according to the evolution party we are just another part of nature.

shouldn't we "naturally" balance ourselves with the planet, and the rest of Darwin's creatures?

Or are we supreme beings in that whole scheme? That part is missing I guess. We are so evolved we can do as we will and dictate how things on the planet will evolve. Exactly how does that work? Yes I know it's all great if we are passive tree bark eaters, and just go on allowing what may happen to happen.

Topics like this just really peak my curiosity as to what the thoughts are for someone who truly believes in evolution, and how they deal with "man's" actions. They claim global warming, and any other change in the ecology of the planet, yet ignore simple things like hunting and gathering, yet according to them that is the foundation of the simeon population.