Author Topic: 1st kill  (Read 3288 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
1st kill
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 04:58:39 PM »
"Hunting Humans" by the Misfits.  Great tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGxOyIyJabA
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
1st kill
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
gee Shuckins.. did you miss nappy time today?

Try to grasp the concept yourself of the very first sentence I posted..
..here .. let me refresh your memory ..

'all kinds of hunting'

You can hammer every single word I say, don't change a single thing about what I learned growin up or how I regard 'hunting' as a skill, not a beer-gun-ambush-fest.

*You* can still go to the the area around Lincoln, Montana, and actually .. you know .. hunt.
With a dog or not.

Heck most years deer are regarded as varmints there.

-GE (just sayin, TM Pasha)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:39:48 PM by Grayeagle »
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
1st kill
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2008, 07:03:46 PM »
Originally posted by SIG220
I dated a woman a few years ago that was a vegetarian.   Big mistake, but she was so good looking when I looked at her working out at our gym, that I could not resist.   She could not cook worth anything, too, not even decent vegetarian meals.  :(

Her two kids though ( she was divorced like me at the time ), were VEGANS!   They were even more radical than she was.

Since there was never any decent food to eat at her house, I once made the huge mistake of bringing over some KFC for myself, so I would be able to eat.  Her kids were not around, and she was OK with it.   After finishing, I put the KFC box and other stuff in the garbage can in the kitchen.

Well, the daughter comes home ( dressed in her usual all black clothing and wearing all of her piercings ), and she finds the KFC box in the garbage!   A most unholy loud scream then erupts from the kitchen!   And then she comes rushing out of the kitchen with the garbage can in her arms, out the front door of the house, and flings the can out onto their front yard, spilling the contents all over the yard.

Then then SCREAMS at me what an utter MONSTER I am, and goes on and on about how KFC chickens are tortured and abused, and warns me to never, ever bring ANY chicken into their house again.

I stopped seeing her mother about 10 days after that event.  Both of her kids absolutely hated me, especially after they found out that I was also a hunter, besides being an immoral meat eater.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Regulator

• Zinc Member
1st kill
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2008, 07:38:33 PM »
Originally posted by gpwurzel
(even in the UK, but nothing above a 12 ft pound air rifle - which is the legal limit here)

Wurzel

Saddest thing I have read in this thread.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
1st kill
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »
I have bit on, and spit out, a lot of shot from Michigan ring-necked pheasants.  My very best experience was with my good dog in soy bean fields and hedge rows.  Ringed-necked pheasants did pretty well in MI, but not so much anymore... from what I hear.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
1st kill
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2008, 10:12:05 AM »
ftdeep is pretty typical of the pious butt heads that can't hunt.

rich takes his kid on a safari where he spends quality time and shows him nature and how to harvest your own food and another continent..

ftdeep shows his kid how to be promiscuous and screw as many women as possible with no honor and no learning.

Let's examine who is best for nature and the world.    Has hunting harmed society more or has promiscuous behavior that teaches that women are toys?  

if he is married.. the lessons he teaches his kids are even worse.    I have never seen a man who bragged about his sexual conquests that was worth a damn.

lazs

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
1st kill
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2008, 10:43:35 AM »
Originally posted by Regulator
Saddest thing I have read in this thread.

You can get "proper" rifles here, but with a hell of a lot of hassle (you need a damn good reason) and restriction. You can get shotguns, and centerfires, rim fires etc, but all require either a shotgun certificate, section 1 firearms certificate etc - so the only way to hunt without any form of certification - is with a sub 12ft pound air rifle. Obviously you can get air rifles above that level, but for those, in the UK, you need a FAC (fire arms certificate). Just the way this country is, and trust me, its getting worse.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2008, 03:58:51 PM »
Originally posted by gpwurzel
You can get "proper" rifles here, but with a hell of a lot of hassle (you need a damn good reason) and restriction. You can get shotguns, and centerfires, rim fires etc, but all require either a shotgun certificate, section 1 firearms certificate etc - so the only way to hunt without any form of certification - is with a sub 12ft pound air rifle. Obviously you can get air rifles above that level, but for those, in the UK, you need a FAC (fire arms certificate). Just the way this country is, and trust me, its getting worse.

Wurzel

I prefer an air rifle because I hunt in our around livestock. It doesn't spook em and the effective range is much safer. Plus the rounds are dirt cheap and theres more fun involved in getting a rabbit within air rifle range :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
Is PETA trolling our board now? ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
1st kill
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2008, 09:40:36 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
to take a bit of issue with this, I admit up front I am not a hunter, and probably never could, I'm a wuss...

what about hunting of animals like Tigers, Rhinos, and other seriously deprived species?

I am in NO WAY an animal activist, should be known from my time here, hell I love a good PETA raid, I just suck at trolling, anyway, Tigers for example are just freakin cool! I'd love to have grand children some day to be able to see footage maybe of a live wild tiger doing what it does, something like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foUVt2d2AMM

but I really do believe if I live as long as most of my other family members there will not be a single tiger left in the wild.

Yeah it would be cool to be a hunter and bag a tiger, if they were plentiful like birds and ****, but this isn't fantasy land.

what are your thoughts on something like that?

Your entire post is totally disingenuous, as there is no nation on the earth that still allows the legal hunting of tigers.

Perhaps in a rogue nation like Burma, it might still be possible.   But I doubt even that could be arranged.

The same almost goes for Rhinos.   Only South Africa and Namibia still allow any hunting of them, and it is extremely limited.

By far the two biggest game hunting countries in Africa used to be Kenya and Tanzania, back when they were still British colonies.  That was the golden age of big game hunting in Africa.

But those days are long, long gone now.  They are ancient history.  Both Kenya and Tanzania have set up huge preserve areas for wild animals now, and have banned ALL hunting of any kind by foreigners.    If you go visit either of those countries now, the only thing you can shoot the animals with is your camera.

Your post only illustrates that you don't even know what the real life world situation currently is for these species.

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
1st kill
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
By any chance, did you get sand in your vagina while you were in Africa?

Exactly what is your post meant to articulate here, other than a personal insult?  Are those the only kinds of words that your brain is capable of manufacturing?

Posts like yours making anti-hunters look foolish or worse.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
1st kill
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2008, 10:08:21 PM »
I'm sorry Rich removed the film.  I would have liked to see it.  I am glad to see fathers taking their sons and daughters hunting.  There may come a time when hunting is beyond the means or capabilities of most people.

Anyone who is against hunting on moral grounds is misguided.  Hunters are by and large the ones responsible for game conservation .  They are the ones who actually get out there and see first hand what's going on with the habitat.  Hunters report what they see concerning pollution and other environmental concerns, as well as contribute millions of dollars toward actual conservation efforts.  Conservation is science as well as common sense understanding of nature.

Hunting instills in youth respect of nature often passed along by older hunters, and strengthens such values as patience, responsibility and physical self discipline.  I was taught to only kill what I was willing to eat.  This rule means to keep focused on what I'm hunting.  Around here that is deer and wild hogs.  I eat these critters and there is no shortage of them.

The anthropomorphism (def: applying human characteristics to) of nature is a wonderful thing for movies.  I enjoy these movies and most are very entertaining and even inspiring.  Conversely, to apply human characteristics to animals in the wild is not respectful of nature.  In reality, the wild of nature is not humane in any aspect.  A well placed shot by a hunter is not a cruel action when you consider what it must be like for a wild animal to die naturally, either through starvation or old age.  There is nothing dishonorable about legal hunting, and certainly nothing to be apologetic or go on the defensive about.

Hunters should stop substituting the words "harvest' or "catch" for "kill."  There is nothing politically correct concerning hunting.  Hunting is scientifically sound as a conservation practice.  Hunting is an American tradition.  Hunting is a legal sport enjoyed by many law abiding citizens.  Legal hunting is fair chase.

One time a friend and I were at Whataburger at 4 AM eating breakfast before going hunting.  A couple girls looked over from the next table and saw us in our hunting garb and said disdainfully, "Are y'all going hunting ?"  They were trying to berate hunting.  My friend looked over and said, "Yes we're going hunting.  Y'all look like you've been out dancing."  "Yes." was their timid reply.  "Probably been drinking too?" says my friend.   The girls couldn't respond after that.  Was kinda funny because they realized the point made and even smiled and backed off with the attempted berating.

Les

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
1st kill
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2008, 10:09:50 PM »
Originally posted by FTDEEP
me i get chicks..girls. nobody gets hurt nodody dies. try it sometime. maybe you found one to put up with cave man habits..but if u had many..killing animals would be the last thing on your mind.

Yes, but do all of these numerous chicks that you have explode when you make out with them???    Or do you ever see their feathers burst out into the air??  :lol :lol

Now being serious:  My Dad grew up on a farm, and his Dad had taken him bird hunting when he was a boy.   He then past it down to me, and I have now done the same with my own son.

Here is a photo of my son Todd, taken on that same pheasant hunt that I posted a photo from earlier:

It was his 18th birthday that day, and he told me that the day's hunt was the best birthday present he had ever received.

Fortunately, he has since lost the facial hair.

_____________________________ _________

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
1st kill
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »
Originally posted by SIG220
Exactly what is your post meant to articulate here, other than a personal insult?  Are those the only kinds of words that your brain is capable of manufacturing?

Posts like yours making anti-hunters look foolish or worse.

It was meant to articulate nothing besides a personal insult.  Did it appear that I was trying to convey something else?  He got very whiney at the end there, and I responded to it.  And yes, those are the only kinds of words my brain is capable of manufacturing...and only barely at that.  My brain is a union shop, and most of the employees are near retirement and thus pretty useless.

One final thought (i don't think i could make any more than one more)... if you think my post looked foolish or worse, then you should probably just attribute it to me.  Particularly considering that I spent the entire day today out target shooting some bolt action .17 HMR, .22 and .223 rifles, in preparation to use the former on defenseless sage rats near Unity in the next month or so.  In other words, you're jumping to a baseless conclusion.  ie: his sandy vagina has nothing to do with his views on hunting.  I'm not entirely clear on where your sand was acquired, but I'm picking up that you're probably not too keen on discussing it with me.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
1st kill
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2008, 11:11:59 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
ftdeep is pretty typical of the pious butt heads that can't hunt.

rich takes his kid on a safari where he spends quality time and shows him nature and how to harvest your own food and another continent..

ftdeep shows his kid how to be promiscuous and screw as many women as possible with no honor and no learning.

While I agree with your closing sentiment with regards to bragarts. Promiscuity is a skill that has an honor all it's own. And while I agree that hunting is an important survival skill. The survival skills learned hunting 'gina are at least as important and probably more practical in the modern world. Social networking skills are vital to prosper in the urban jungle.

It's kind of amusing that "survivalists" allways neglect the most practical and probably important skills. That is, universal methods to make money and acquiring human resources. We are nothing without friends.

I'm reminded of a humorous photo in a commando's autobiography. It was a photo of him in his kitchen kneading dough. The caption read "Making bread, a critical commando task."